General Helper Applications - now closed. Pending selection

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

General Helper Applications - now closed. Pending selection

Postby Tess » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:02 pm

Due to the large number of responses, applications have now closed. We are not accepting late applications. If you have applied, please allow a few weeks for us to choose the new General Helpers.

Please read the whole topic before posting or applying.

The job available is for a General Helper.

What does that mean?
General Helpers are simply members who have volunteered to help other members, and their names are a different color so that they are easy to find if you have any questions.

A General Helper position is not considered to be a staff position. If you get the position, your name will change color, and that is the only difference between you and other members. You will not gain any special abilities or powers to moderate the forum or to make pets, etc.

The duties of a General Helper include (but are not limited to):
  1. Allowing and encouraging random players to PM you if they have questions or problems using the website. Answering their PMs poiltely with as much information as you're able to provide, or directing them to a staff member or other helper if you are unable to help.
  2. Regularly visiting the CS Suggestions and Problems board to see if you can answer any questions asked there
  3. Regularly visiting the Introductions board to welcome new members to the site
  4. Helping members around the forum whenever you stumble across members having problems
We are looking for members who:
  1. Always treat other players with respect, and have not had any issues with arguments, bullying, fighting, etc.
  2. Are always happy to help other players, even if it involves explaining the same things over and over
  3. Are very active in the forum, posting often, and always with a friendly and positive attitude towards other players
  4. Will remain calm even when players are being rude or disrespectful. You should never respond with anger or insults.
  5. Know a lot about CS, including knowing the rules, knowing how to edit your profile, knowing how to set up trade settings etc.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 8 months - we want people who know a lot about how the site runs and what kind of things happened in the past, and new players just don't have that kind of knowledge, sorry.

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a General Helper?

APPLICATON
    1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
    2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
    3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
    6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?

Applications will close within a few days if we have had enough good applications. However due to a busy schedule, it may take a few weeks before the new General Helpers are chosen. Several staff will help me to pick the successful applicants, and we are looking to gain around 5 - 10 new General Helpers. We will be most interested in members who have previously proven themselves to be respectful, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, active members of CS.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Applications open for General Helpers!

Postby Jazzepi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi Tess,

I have a question;
What would happen when a General Helper would go on Vacation or couldn't get access to a computer for a few days/weeks? {Would they be kicked off the General Helpers?}

~Thanks! (:
above art made by me!
deviantART
for commission info, please click my deviantart (seen above). however, it would be nice if you sent me a message on here as well - i have a ton of dA messages. n v n
Jazzepi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shezza. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Hello tess, i have a question,
What do you mean by How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying) that
I bleed myself to be your drink:
Is not the blood of poets--ink?
-William Soutar

Shezza.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Space Kitty wrote:
Hi Tess,

I have a question;
What would happen when a General Helper would go on Vacation or couldn't get access to a computer for a few days/weeks? {Would they be kicked off the General Helpers?}

~Thanks! (:

that's fine, we all need a vacation sometimes!

ThatChickIsGrotty wrote:
Hello tess, i have a question,
What do you mean by How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying) that

How many posts have you made before (if you go to your profile you can see the post count, you have made over 6000 so you're fine to apply)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shezza. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:59 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 21 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): over 6,000

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? usually 7/7

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? honestly about 4+

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I love to trade and PM people, i love answering questions and i love it when people are nice.

Why do you want to be a General Helper? it would be an amazing experience and just cause i love CS! And im on CS A LOT. :} And I love to trade, answer questions, and Role play. Thanks so much for considering
Last edited by Shezza. on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I bleed myself to be your drink:
Is not the blood of poets--ink?
-William Soutar

Shezza.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:06 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: March 14, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 7086
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 5 at the bare minimum. 7 or 8 is more common.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?): I answer a lot of questions already on the forum. I spend most of my forum-browsing on the Suggestions and Problems board it feels like, trying to help who I can. I have had experience in many different parts of the site while I have been here, and can answer almost any question. If I do not know the answer, I know how to search for it. I help a few people with trades, telling them what is fair, and isn't. I have played as a peer-mediator more than once for friends, although I have never been given the chance to earn it as a real title. I speak basic Spanish, and am still learning more for school. I know enough Spanish to be able to communicate clearly if needed.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I love helping others. I want to be able to help more people than I already do. I know I have the knowledge and patience to be able to help the community here at Chicken Smoothie. This site is a wonderful place, and I want to help show members how great it can be.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellevi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:13 pm

What date did you register as a CS member? September 17th, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4947

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I am on every day unless I am extremely busy, or on vacation.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually around 2 to 3 hours, though sometimes I can spend up to about 6 hours.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?): I have had a bit of experience with peer mediation in school. I sometimes help new players, and when they send me a trade that is unfair, I often tell them why and give them tips to help.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I want to be a General Helper because I feel I am fit for the job. I can easily resolve a problem, and usually don't have a problem with too many people. I don't hold grudges, for I think they are very unfair. I am kind to almost everyone. I also feel that I could help a lot of people with trading. Though I'm not an expert, I know I have helped quite a few people in the past, and I am on the 'Is this a fair trade?' thread a lot, either posting or answering questions. In some ways, I also feel that I am generous. I am understanding, though tough when I feel the need to be. When a birthday of my best friend's on here comes around, or Christmas comes, I try as hard as I can to grant them with their dream pet. I have been on CS for a while, also, so I know a lot about it and have much experience. I have such a love for this site, and always have a fun time on it, it would be great to be able to be part of the helping community. :3
Last edited by hellevi on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:14 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: January 1st, 2010.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying) 2,104

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually all day, about 10-11 hours. On school days, i go on for about 4-5 or even 6 hours.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I help a lot in the suggestion and problem forums, I check regularly, about 2-3 times a day, and answer as many as I can to my knowledge. If I am not sure of an answer, I usually tell them to wait for someone else to correct me or support my answer. I never answer questions i have nno idea how to answer, but i know how and where to search for it. I have never had to break up a big fight, but i do have some experience in peer mediation, especially between my best friends. Also, I can see both sides othe argument, wheter its between two people, or me and another person. I can usually sense a fight before it starts by language and emoticons, and if i do notice it, i try to stop it before it start to get aggresive. I post in the fair trade thread a lot, helping with what I know with rarities. I learned to be incredibly patient and calm with people who harass at other players or at me, or yell, and I can handle it calmly. I am extremely patient, and I have no problem repeating myself in necessary.I can also speak and write Polish enough to know what they are saying, and hopefully answer to the best of my knowledge. Also, in the past I have recieved quite a few PM's with qestions for me, and not once have I failed to answer the question. I know quite a bit about CS, and I can answer most questions concerning rules and such. I can also explain how to Bold, underline, quote, list, change size of words, change color of words, allign post, all of that good stuff. I can also explain how to post word links pretty well, and I can also help with getting URL's of images. Although i'm good at all that is listed above, i feel that i specialize in questions about image codes and URls, those kind of things, and in that category i can answer mmost anything, from how to find the URL of an image, to shortening an images URL.

Why do you want to be a General Helper? Its been said a lot on this part of the application, but I really love helping people and seeing them adapt to Chicken Smoothie, it just makse me smile. There are new members everyday, and I am determined to help them with any questions they might have, from how to adopt pets to is this ok to do. Being a part of the loving and caring people that make Chicken Smoothie such a wonderful place would be such a great experience, and it is such an honor that i even get to apply for this pstition. A lot of people are going to apply for this, and i understand if i dont get picked. There are so many wonderful people applying that i bet its going to be hard for the staff to choose. But i really, really do thank you for taking in a few general helpers, i'm sure everyone who gets picked will be happy. Now, i'm going to stop typing now to not bore you any further.

sorry for the big amount of edits, i keep thinking of things to add to the form.

I hope I did everything right, and thank you so much Tess for giving everyone this opportunity.
Last edited by Panne on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:06 am, edited 11 times in total.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brian emo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:17 pm

Ooh, I'd love to apply c:

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 13, 2008
(I was not active on the forums until around Halloween 2010)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4995

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It depends, since most of the year I have school. During that time it can be about 5-7 max, but during the summer I can be on for 8 or more hours a day... x3

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I consider myself very mature, and I can solve situations calmly. I've also had people in real life and on CS seek me out to ask me questions, and I like to answer them. I can help with pretty much any trade, and I consider myself something to at least know the values of pets and what looks like a fair trade or otherwise. I am also a very patient person, and I never get angry at PMs, trades, or posts, and I don't hold grudges for anything. Even if I don't know the answer myself for some reason, I can lead someone to what they're looking for.
In addition to that, I can help with how to bold, align, etc. text, and I can answer a wide variety of any questions people have about CS.
(I'm also able to help with questions about other boards like oekaki, though that may be a job for some other mod.)

Why do you want to be a General Helper? I've always admired the General Helpers, perhaps more than most staff members here. I've always loved to help people, and though I don't post *too* much in the Suggestions and Problems board, I'm frequently on the lookout for someone whose question hasn't been answered yet, and I'm not afraid to nudge someone in the right direction if they need it.

Thank you for the opportunity~ <3
Last edited by brian emo on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby My.Immortal » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:19 pm

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a General Helper?
I think I do!
APPLICATON
1.What date did you register as a CS member?: August 2009
2.How many posts have you made in the forum?: 4290.
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Seven.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Two hours.
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I help out here
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?:I would like to become a General Helper because I remember when I was a new user, here on CS, and I went to the General helpers to ask questions and I alway ended up getting a good answer in return. I want to do that for somebody else now that I know what I am doing here. I think it is a great opportunity to show my helping out skills and it would truly make me a better person.

Thank you for the chance!
My.Immortal
Last edited by My.Immortal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My.Immortal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me