Global Moderators - Awaiting selection.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Global Moderators - Awaiting selection.

Postby Tess » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Applications are now closed so we can begin selecting the new staff. Please be patient with us while we are choosing.

If you're interested in becoming a moderator for CS, read this whole post and then write an application. Applications will be open for at least 3 days. It may take several weeks after that for the new moderators to be selected.

This job is only open to members who are at least 18 years old. Do not apply if you are not 18 yet. No exceptions or excuses will be accepted.

Myself and several of the current staff will help pick the successful applicants, and we are looking to gain around 3 - 5 new moderators. We will be most interested in members who have previously proven themselves to be mature, respectful, friendly, active members of CS.

Please read the whole topic before replying, because I'll just delete your posts if it becomes clear that you haven't bothered.

The job available is for a Global Moderator. The duties of a mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Checking and approving new posts/COPPA'd members posts before they appear in the forum (and disapproving posts which don't meet CS rules)
  2. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from around the site
  3. Moving topics which have been placed in the wrong board
  4. Responding to topic/post/PM reports where players have identified a problem
  5. Dealing with art theft
  6. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  7. Warning members who have broken site rules
  8. Referring members to an admin or admin assistant if their behavior warrants a ban

As a moderator your role is basically to reduce the levels of nastiness, spam, and inappropriate content on the site to ensure that it is as fun, safe, and friendly as possible for all players. This role sometimes (and often) involves warning trouble-makers for bad behavior, to remind them of what is expected of them.

Many players will not be happy about being warned (even when 'caught red-handed') and some will let you know about this (read: explosively rage at/about you). You need to be able to deal calmly with conflict, without getting offended or upset. You need to be aware that sometimes you'll gain enemies despite the fact that you've only acted in a calm and reasonable manner.

As a moderator you will gain access to some private information about players like their warning history. You need to have respect for other players' rights to confidentiality and not share any of this information with other people. You shouldn't use this information for anything which doesn't directly relate to your duties as a moderator for CS.

You should use your moderating abilities only where required, and not use them to take advantage of situations for yourself or other players.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 18. You also shouldn't apply if you're over 18 but feel uncomfortable dealing with occasional adult images or language. In the past, we allowed members of any age to join as moderators, but recently the moderators have had to deal with an influx of spam bots (this is the first-post approval task which I mentioned earlier), some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably have your birthdate on record so there's no point in applying if you're 14 years old.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 8 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a CS moderator?

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.

Posts along the lines of 'aww, I'm not old enough' or 'I hope you get hired Sally your application is really good' will be deleted.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Global Moderators - Applications open

Postby Chry » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:04 am

APPLICATION

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sep 26, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6773
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am, and I don't mind viewing adult content.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? More than 2 hours. I can get on about 5 or 6 hours a day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes, but their long gone.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
My life consists of CS, my friends, and CS. I want to give back, I want to play a deeper role on the website that has ruled my life for over 2 years. If I could be seriously considered for the position, even if I don't get it, I will be happy to keep trying for many more years, and I feel I could be a helpful, and hard working member of the CS team.
I would spend every free minute I have on CS, trying to keep the forum a safe and clean place for people of all ages to enjoy. I work well in a team environment, I have excellent knowledge on the inner workings of CS, and the rules. I am honest, reliable, eager to work and I am able to maintain confidentiality. I know how to use the moderation tools on CS, I can act without bias and I hold no fantasies about how much work and commitment the position will need. I know that there will be times when I will be treated unkindly by users, but I know how to keep a cool head in those situations and to not let anything escalate.
CS has given me so much joy and fulfilment, and I wish I could give back to the community by looking after the forum and its many members...
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:? I have customer service experience which I can bring to the position, and I know many of the in's and outs of CS. I don't know any languages besides english.
Last edited by Chry on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: 09 Jan 2009
2. How many posts have you made in the forum: 7732
3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? All 7 days.
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? As much as I can. I spend most of my spare time online and CS is the first site I'll go to in the morning and I always have a tap open with CS. And I currently don't have a job and I don't go to school so I have plenty of time online!
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? No I haven't.
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
CS is a big part of my life and I would love to be able to keep it free from spam and rulebreakers. Being a General Helper is great and I love to answer the questions I get, but a few times I can't help them completely because they need moderator assistance. (I told them they needed to ask a moderator instead of me in those cases^^)
And I'm calm and patient and can deal with pretty much anything, inappropriate content of any degree doesn't bother me.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I can speak danish, if it's ever needed X3
I'm an experienced CS member and know the rules and do's and don'ts etc.
I am organised and will know where threads should be and will know what spam is etc.
I can usually see both sites in an argument and will be able to act without bias.
I treat people with respect, also when I have a bad day IRL.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☾ ziall ilysm ☽ » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:31 am

APPLICATON

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Tue Jul 27, 2010 (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 330(if it's less than 300, do not apply)
3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I will(If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I came back on to see how i was doing, and plus my little sister told me to go back on.. Soo 2 times a week
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3 hours mabye.. sometimes the whole day
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Nope, just wanted to try out
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Well, Its just that when i logged in and seeing what you said on the first post, i wanted to help out for a good cause. I don't want my little sister to be frighted and scared because she saw something she didnt ment to. I want to look after this site as well for my sister. She complians that people dont want to listen to her even tho she dosnt have a couloured name. She wants to be a MOD but she joined a few moths ago. Yeah, helping CS would be an honur.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position German and thats it.(this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Last edited by ☾ ziall ilysm ☽ on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

♡zayn malik and coffee♡
☾ ziall ilysm ☽

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:38 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: Thu Sep 24, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 9269

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes; I am a legal adult and I'm willing to risk seeing adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I am online everyday.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least 5+ hours everyday. Sometimes more, but usually no less than at least three.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have moderated many invisionfree/proboards sites, though many are inactive as of now. The active forum I am an adminstrator/owner on is:
http://www.wonderwhywolves.proboards.co ... tion=home# [graphics done by myself].

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I have been a member on CS for over two years now, and I have never loved a site so much. I'm always online and I love helping people out, as seen with the "Is this a fair trade? Thread". I'm a knowledgeable and mature member and I would love the opportunity to help the site out further. I am quite approachable and already receive PMs asking for help with trades. I read a variety of posts everyday throughout different forums. I often see a lot of things that happen on the forums (fights, rudeness, etc) quickly and could handle them appropriately. I'd love to help keep CS safe from spam and innapropriate conduct. I work well with other people and am always friendly and curteous even if I am at odds with a person or a situation. I do not play favourites, and can remove all personal bias from situations.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I have always been a good mediator, in the sense that I am readily able to see both sides of a story/argument. I have worked in many situations that involve peer relations and mediation and I am always calm and levelheaded. I rarely get angry and I am able to handle situations appropriately and efficiently. In all my jobs I have had to deal with the public, both children and adults, dealing with upset customers and just helping people out in general. I speak French, though I can write and read it much better than speaking it.Also, since taking on the job of owner of the roleplay I'm on (it has over 400 members) I've had to deal with my own fair share of rule breakers, and handing out warnings. I treat everyone fairly and with respect, regardless of anything else. I also tend to be online at odd times, since my school schedule is very different and I have big gaps. So I'm online all throughout the day, and then early in the morning and night.

I am currently in discussion with Jewel regarding the account; she has pretty much quit, but I want to work some stuff out with her. I will edit this once we are done.

Jewel and I have decided to split; she's lost interest in CS so she's quit. I'll be the only one with access to the account. I don't think we need to do anything else since this account will be keeping all the pets, as she won't be making a new account.
Last edited by Hekomi on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:21 am, edited 7 times in total.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:38 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Thu Mar 26, 2009
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 8244
  3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I'm 18+ and i have no problem with seeing that sort of stuff and getting rid of it.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually between 6 hours, but CS is always open, even when i'm in school.
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Advanced Role Playing Games, My own forum. I'm Admin and moderator there. I moderated on two other forums, a long time ago, but they were both deleted by the owners. One was called Beast wars, the other one i don't remember. Long time ago.
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I've been playing CS for a good while now, making friends, collecting pets. I've always wanted to do something back for CS, and since i spend so much time on here anyways...why not help you all out for real. I have a form of autism, which makes it hard for me to let things go, once it gets into my daily rhythm. CS is a very big part of that rhythm by now, not a day passes by when i don't check. I never close the CS tap, I get emails when someone replies to any of my topics so i usually reply really fast. I love collecting pets and chatting with people, CS is the number one adoptable site for me, i honestly have never found any site that is better for me. I'm a lazy pet collector, i don't like click games or where you have to work for it. I enjoy trading, collecting and helping people out with basic coding ^^.
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I speak Dutch, German and English, I know basic coding and i'm quite chill and relaxed most of the time. I hardly ever snap at people, i can be very patient.

I worked in a pet store for over 2 years, i learned how to deal with angry customers there, how to please them and address them in a calm manner. I'm studying management skills at the moment at school, which involve a 'how to react' plan for angry/upset people.

Edit, fixed a few spelling errors xD
Last edited by DaDwarf on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *destiny* » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:30 am

APPLICATON

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: 6th April 2009
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 375
3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? every day of the week
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? several visits per day probably amounting to over 2 hours per day more at weekends
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? No - No website has ever grabbed my interest like CS :)
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
CS is a massive part of my life and I spend most of my spare time on here. I feel I need to give back now. I already attempt to do this by spending money in the store whenever I can but having a role on here as well would be wonderful. I have had some great times on here and have been able to escape here when RL was getting me down. As a mature person I feel I have a lot to give being a moderator including the experience of being able to step back and see things from both sides, patience with dealing with repeated queries, rude people and such like. I want to continue to promote the friendly ethos of the site by dealing with inappropriate posts, spam etc whilst maintaining a positive friendly attitude. When I commit to a job I have to see it through so I am reliable, honest and hard working.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) In RL I am an ICT Project Manager so not only do I have ICT experience but also my my prioritising and organisational skills are very strong.
*destiny*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Freyàh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:30 am

APPLICATON

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
23 Sep 2008, 23:32
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 1815
3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I deal with adult content all the time, and I am actually pretty used to it.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day. It's my homepage. I even visited it from my mobile when I had no computer.
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
To be honest, recently I started visiting less and less in the past month. It's because I have nothing much to do anymore, but if I get the job, there will be a reason for me to be online all day again, and I will do things all day. Before, I spend on average about 6 hours per day.
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? Nope, but I was a semi-moderator in a friend from school's sport site, but since I barely understood sports, I asked him to chose another one. It's this one, though the forum is closed at this moment because there is some updating and editing etc. http://www.sportabg.com/
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Well, I guess I'll repeat myself, like everyone else already said: CS is my most favourite site ever - I absolutely love it. I spend all my free time on here. I've been on here almost since the very beginning, and made an account only later. I usually never visit other sites' forums, but strangely I am always on this forum (even when the site and forums where divided, not one whole place like now). I'd like to help atleast a bit, and be of some use to the CS community, rather then doing nothing. My dream is to be a guest artist, but I will pretty much do any job I can do on CS so I can help in any way possible. That's why I fill those applications each and every time.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Hm, I know a lot about CS, and I am usually nice to people - I don't let my feelings mess up my things to do. I'll say one reason you probably wouldn't want me as a moderator - I won't be very confident from the very start. I'd need someone to help me a bit in the beginning - just to look at how I do things and if I am actually doing anything useful for CS. But once I get the hang of it (after a week at most), I am 100% sure that I will be confident and able in everything I have to do as a moderator. I am mature enough to handle the people who need help, and not be rude to them for posting in the wrong forum or something like this, and I have enough patience.
Last edited by Freyàh on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image|ᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ wip | ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ | | Image
April, 2023: I've been busy with real life recently, so I haven't had much time for CS. However, hopefully I will be back soon! In the meantime, I wish everyone great days ahead, and thank you all for over a decade of fun and lovely memories! <3
Freyàh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pideaux » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:52 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 9th, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 7175

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Over 18 by a leap - Have no problem viewing and removing such material.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Seven days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Roughly 10 hours a day, give or take. -EDIT This will change a bit as I was just offered a job at another company as a Supervisor. Still high, though. Probably around 8+ hours.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I've owned several Proboards forums (which I'm unsure if they would even count) as well as owning/modding the old http://www.greenday.org boards and site. - Which have since moved to something unrelated.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Chicken Smoothie is the love of my internet life. Being able to help out is something I would not only enjoy, but take very seriously. I'm found often enough helping out on the Fair Trade Thread, Pet Worth threads, Good Trade and Trade Rant threads. Browsing around these forums so often makes it hard to miss the random spam and arguments. I can explain things in a clear manner to other users and simply generally helping people on CS is something I quite enjoy already, enough so that I would name it as one of the largest priorities I have for myself on the site.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): Being a Clinical Social Worker has given me a lot of insight into Psychology and generally how to deal with people without overdoing it. There is always a thin line between being a enforcer and being forceful. I have been trained through work on how to deal with inappropriate behaviours in the best way possible to prevent acting out. Although I'm sure this is much harder to control through the internet, I can only imagine that the same basic rules apply.
Last edited by Pideaux on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pideaux

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:23 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed May 13, 2009

2.How many posts have you made in the forum: 5470

3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am plenty comfortable with seeing adult content

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend pretty much all day on here CS is practically my life

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes I was a mod on [Akita] before I was promoted to admin

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? When I look at the moderators, I think; wow, they have dedicated their time to make CS a better place, and I want to be like them. So basically the moderators are my role-models. I would like to be a moderator for CS because I enjoy helping out and becoming a mod for CS is my ultimate dreams. I want to be able to help out around the site, I may not really know as much as I claim to but I still like to try and help people out as best I can. I would be more than happy to be a CS mod as I really love this site and have done since I really came back and joined the site in 09, this is a wondeful site and being a mod would be the very best thing to happen to me.

This is the first time a game has really caught my attention and kept it I truly love this site and want to help keep it running smootly. I would consider this a huge and amazing oppertunity to work alongside such amazing dedicated members of staff, it would be a real honour to work with all the amazing people who are already so revered in the CS community. It would be a great thing to be able to help keep CS, friendly, nice and enjoyable for people of all ages.

I try to help out around the site but being a normal user I just get told to stop mini modding. I see way too many harsh posts or multiple ones that break the rules and it seems like it takes quite a long time for anything to be done about them. I understand that enforcing the rules takes someone who knows when to be firm and when to be forgiving. I'm sure mods get a lot of grief from users who are not so keen on being told off by the mods, I believe I would cope fine with the all the users who whinging about how unfair it was for them to be given a warning. I have never and will never share any super personal information.

If I get the position I will put my heart and soul into making CS a better place for everyone ^-^

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Last edited by Queen Vivane on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me