Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby PastelDog » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:29 am

Cherrylicious wrote:
Moonlightflight wrote:
x Ink x wrote:Username: Raveron

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Unfortunately I am only fluent in English

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, I have helped numerous users:
1, 2, 3, and I've been giving helpful links to newbies introducing themselves. I'm sure I have more, but cant seem to find them.

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I am very friendly, helpful and approachable. I enjoy helping others as much as I can, it makes me happy to know that I have helped others. I am knowledgeable within the CS community and know the rules, site, trades, roleplay section and oekaki section very well. So, I am able to answer any questions, I always answer honestly and if I dont know something I always look it up to make sure I give them the correct information about their question. I also am very detailed in answering questions if the member is still confused or isn't understanding and I am always patient with them while I help them.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am on ever day for 4+ hours per day. I'm normally always on to be honest, other than when I'm sleeping or working.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I fully read and understood all of the Adopter information.

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree to be helpful and polite to my newbie at all times.

Reapplying! Ready to help another newbie (:

I am ready for a new newbie! Reapplying! (:
I am ready for a new newbie. I haven't heard from newbie in over a week

I'm ready for a new newbie. I didn't get to help the two newbies I currently had as one never answered me and the other didn't need help. It's been more than two weeks.
free art
Adopts Shop
OC Sale
• [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
Trading
UMA Storage
LOLO Stories
PastelDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt a Newbie [update for adopters pg.126]

Postby Lessieal » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:41 pm

Username: Lessieal
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My sister and my friends kept posting cute pets in discord so I decided to join and already a touch addicted. Due to that they are spoiling me some too.
What do you like best so far?: The pretty pets, and how friendly the site is.
Any questions?: Best forums to hang out at.
Lessieal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaschaR » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:18 pm

Hey I never got assigned anyone ^^;;?
-Sascha/Leon (they/ey)
My babies!
ImageImageImageImage
pssssst... I hope you find a reason to smile today!
SaschaR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starswater » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:01 am

SaschaR wrote:Hey I never got assigned anyone ^^;;?

Don't feel bad. It took two months before I was assigned someone, and then I messaged them (a bit late on my part) and it's been three weeks since then with no reply.

I honestly have a question at this point. You guys push those "helpful" links a lot, and those links have at times somewhat insane amounts of information that is scattered and can be hard to get through. If anyone has the fortitude to actually dig through all of that stuff as a genuine newbie, they can learn just about everything they need to know, in detail. You seem to really want people to put themselves through that, to find this information before asking questions.

So then why, exactly, does the adoption part of this adoption thread even exist? What exactly are adopters supposed to help with?

And if it exists specifically to deal with the problem of these links being overwhelming, then wouldn't it be better to just create a more streamlined or intuitive guide/list? Something that's easier to get through?
starswater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostpetal » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:27 pm

Username: Pearlflower
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Looking for a complete list of warrior cats
What do you like best so far?: The art, trading
Any questions?: Nah, I just wanna be adopted and get some friends. ^^ :3

I DO NOT want to get adopted permanently, thanks!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Feel free to shoot me a trade anytime! If you gift me a pet or C$ I'll feature you on my trading rules. People who do this are really generous <3 COPPAs trade with me! I only trade doubles :)
Note: Be patient with me. I am extremely forgetful and I'm kind of stressing out (multiple reasons) ^^
click images for credits

Frostpetal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaWeirdoKoala » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:54 pm

Username: DaWeirdoKoala
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Just English!
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was looking at someone's pronouns.page that I found a link to on another site, saw a link to her profile here, and thought, "Why not? I haven't seen that site before; I might as well check it out!" and here I am!
What do you like best so far?: I really like all the art-focused parts!
Any questions?: Nothing so far!
DaWeirdoKoala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CircleE » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:47 am

Username: CircleE
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I’m Fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: An adopted dog/wolf on someone else’s page on another site
What do you like best so far?: The cool looking animals haha
Any questions?: How do I put up trades to trade the animals I don’t want?
~CircleE~
CircleE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastelDog » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:05 pm

CircleE wrote:Username: CircleE
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I’m Fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: An adopted dog/wolf on someone else’s page on another site
What do you like best so far?: The cool looking animals haha
Any questions?: How do I put up trades to trade the animals I don’t want?

Hello, first I want to welcome you to chickensmoothie or CS for short.

To answer your question, I would advise making a trade group which you can do so by doing the following; click on my pets > next click on Create a new group to organize your pets > you will then want to name your new folder something along the lines of trade > next you can choose change trade settings in that folder (you can choose if you want wishlist pets only, wishlist items only, or both wishlist pets/items)

To move your pets from any group you can check mark the box next to the date the pet has > move ticketed pet to group:

Then your pets you marked will be moved to the group (folder) you selected.

If this confused you in any way, feel free to pm me.

Be sure to make a trade thread in CS Trades - Pets, items and C$ to advertise your trading and create your own trading rules.
free art
Adopts Shop
OC Sale
• [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
Trading
UMA Storage
LOLO Stories
PastelDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CheshiCat » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:21 am

Username: CheshiCat
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Only English, sorry.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend told me about it :)
What do you like best so far?: I've only been on for a few days but seeing which pets you get is cool, and I like the idea of trades but I don't want to offend anyone by giving them a trade that sucks or agree to a trade that's bad for me.
Any questions?: Just in general I'd like to learn more about the trading system and what there is to do on the site :)
they/them
CheshiCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:54 pm

CheshiCat wrote:Username: CheshiCat
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Only English, sorry.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend told me about it :)
What do you like best so far?: I've only been on for a few days but seeing which pets you get is cool, and I like the idea of trades but I don't want to offend anyone by giving them a trade that sucks or agree to a trade that's bad for me.
Any questions?: Just in general I'd like to learn more about the trading system and what there is to do on the site :)

Heya my name is Space, and I can answer a little bit of your questions while you wait for an adopter:

Trading system: This is pretty simple, a lot of trading works by the rarity system and the date system. An older and rarer pet is going to be worth more than a younger and more common pet. There are a lot of different forums on the site that can help out, but here's the main one: Guide to successful trading take a look it and some of the other posts, they can help a lot getting started!

What to do on the site: While the main thing to do here is about pets (trading, dressing them up, organizing them), you can also make art on the Oekaki boards, participate in conversations on the forums, or adopt on the user-made adoptables. The forums are where a lot of things happen, and I suggest going through them all and seeing what catches your eye.

Once you get your adoptor, they should be able to help you with more specific questions, but I hope this helps until then!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups