7 Things I wish I knew when I started CS [a newbie guide]

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

7 Things I wish I knew when I started CS [a newbie guide]

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:39 am

Hello and welcome to CS! Ill get right into it.

1. Pet name acronyms
Sometimes when there are very rare pets, such as pets from July of 2008, people will give them acronyms so they don't have to say a long name. For example, the BEG and CEG (scroll down to see), really mean Black eyed galaxy dog and Clear(blue) eyed galaxy dog. click here and scroll alllll the way down to see more of these acronyms.

2. Oekaki/Art board acronyms
If you prefer drawing, you may have spent some time on the Oekaki Boards. Here is a list of Oekaki art acronyms
| MYO: Make Your Own| P2U: Pay To Use| F2U: Free to Use|

3. Get the most out of events!
ALWAYS try to get the most out of events. There is usually one current or about to begin event in a matter of months to days. When events begin, they usually follow the same scheme: ad banners appear around pages of the site, but instead of being ads, clicking them gives you an "event token"! the banners usually have a pictures of avian and totoro (creators OCS) and say something like "you found an event token" or something like that. then, once you get a certain amount of tokens, you can turn them in for prizes, whether its items or pets. people usually pay 1-2 C$ per token, making this a great way to get C$ and more pets if your new to CS.

4. Dont buy C$ unless you really need it.
Obviously, CS has the ability to buy chicken dollars with real-world money, but honestly, in my opinion its unnecessary when you can get by with selling adoptables, pets, etc. If you are younger and have allowance, spend it on something other than chicken dollars for CS, because its your precious money. Although, if you wish to buy C$, you can buy it here.

5. Neat tip for the Pound
If you've ever visited the Pound, you may have noticed that it works on a "early bird gets the worm" kind of thing. Well, if you want to know what pets are in the pound, click here, go to pets, then "Adoptions", then to the last page. This only works when the pound is set to open soon!

6. December 18th
December 18th is a very special time of the year on CS - Starting on that day, (or really after 7pm on dec 17th), you can get rare pets for free! like this pet from april of 2009, it was re released for december 18th.

7. Send help tickets if something doesn't seem right.
Lets say someone sent you a scam message on CS. Report to the staff by clicking "help" on the far right of your screen, then "help from staff", or click here. Then its like sending a normal private message! One thing to do is if you cant figure how to do something on the site, dont send in a help ticket. Instead, post on the help forum.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be updating this every so often!
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 7 Things I wish I knew when I started CS [a newbie guide

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:29 am

bump!
ImageImageImage
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:22 pm

bump!
ImageImageImage
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 am

You have been bumping your thread too frequently. A thread can only be bumped when it falls off of the first page of the forum it is in - in this forum, it takes around a week, sometimes longer.

If you continue to bump excessively, your topic will be locked.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me