Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Poison_Berry » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:05 pm

Username: Poison_Berry
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: On Furvilla, a friend was talking about it.
What do you like best so far?: All the different pets.
Any questions?: I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed because I'm not entirely sure what to do. Is this a forum based site? Can we raise monies without buying? What exactly do we do that keeps us drawn in everyday? Lol sorry, just thinking out loud. I'm sure I'll have more questions for the adopter.
Poison_Berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AdrianExists » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:30 am

Username: AdrianExists
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A couple of friends of mine posted screenshots of their pets and I'm a big fan of these kinds of games, so here I am.
What do you like best so far?: The animals, they're super cute.
Any questions?: Not really, just trying to figure this place out.
Stars above.
I'm just here to collect and hoard animals I think're pretty and cool.
AdrianExists

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastelDog » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:11 am

❄️ Frostbyte ❄️ wrote:
Ghostly Creature wrote:Username: Raveron

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Unfortunately I am only fluent in English

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, I have helped numerous users:
1, 2, 3, and I've been giving helpful links to newbies introducing themselves. I'm sure I have more, but cant seem to find them.

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I am very friendly, helpful and approachable. I enjoy helping others as much as I can, it makes me happy to know that I have helped others. I am knowledgeable within the CS community and know the rules, site, trades, roleplay section and oekaki section very well. So, I am able to answer any questions, I always answer honestly and if I dont know something I always look it up to make sure I give them the correct information about their question. I also am very detailed in answering questions if the member is still confused or isn't understanding and I am always patient with them while I help them.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am on ever day for 4+ hours per day. I'm normally always on to be honest, other than when I'm sleeping or working.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I fully read and understood all of the Adopter information.

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree to be helpful and polite to my newbie at all times.

Reapplying! Ready to help another newbie (:
I am ready for a new newbie! Reapplying! (:
I am ready for a new newbie. I haven't heard from newbie in over a week

I'm ready for a new newbie. I didn't get to help the two newbies I currently had as one never answered me and the other didn't need help. It's been more than two weeks.

I am reapplying to adopt a newbie. It has been a week as my newbie never responded to my first message.
free art
Adopts Shop
OC Sale
• [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
Trading
UMA Storage
LOLO Stories
PastelDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpiritedAJ » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:09 pm

Username: SpiritedAJ
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Clicking around on someone's bio led me here.
What do you like best so far?: that I can just set and forget and I really enjoy that, or at least the fact I can just enjoy myself at my own pace.
Any questions?: I wanna know what the little things are I should know.
SpiritedAJ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby just_quill » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:07 pm

Username: just_quill
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: (I am fluent in English)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: uhhh funny story actually my friend quit and gave me a bunch of CS characters and then I’m like hey what if I used this to get more OCs so I joined
What do you like best so far?: uhhhhhhhhhhh colors :> idk I haven’t been here long
Any questions?: yes? They might not go here tho so sorry if they’re in the wrong spot
After reading thru some things, what does COPPA mean?
Am I allowed to post trades for off site items (like toyhouse characters for CS pets)?
Am I allowed to do off site breeding and make them into OCs?
Am I allowed to make OCs out of CS pets (ofc giving them slight redesigns to not look the exact same as the image)?
How difficult is it to get osc (I’m assuming that’s the abbreviation for omg so common) pets? I want to get all of them (well one of each one)
I’ll probably come up with more questions but I’ll just ask whoever adopts me lol
Egward
just_quill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koifishkat » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:22 am

Username: Koifishkat

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None at the moment!

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: While I have answered a few questions on Chicken Smoothie in certain threads, those responses are quite old and I feel as though they don't really represent how I can help new people to the best of my ability.

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have always enjoyed helping people who are new to a community of any kind, and I want those who join the website to feel like they aren't lost and alone, especially in a community like Chicken Smoothie, where a big part of the sites appeal comes from getting to talk to people on forums. I also love explaining things to people, especially if it is something I am already well versed in, and I LOVE talking about Chicken Smoothie!! I also volunteer as a moderator for a Discord server with 50k+ members, so I do have a fair amount of prior experience in helping people outside of Chicken Smoothie

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I try to check the website a few times a day, and will often spend around 1-2 hours a day periodically checking things.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I did!

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely! It's important to me that people who join this site feel welcomed. :)
'hocus pocus, get it?
I know what I am,
I don't care, just shed it
I just found myself.'
koifishkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emoji66 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:23 am

Username: Emoji66
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:Online searches
What do you like best so far?: The pets
Any questions?: Not really

Emoji66

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oakleafthewarrior » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:37 am

Username: Oakleafthewarrior
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Just English
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I don't believe so. I had a backlog of my old posts deleted a few months ago due to age.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on this site since 2013, and back then did not understand how the site worked, but was fine with this since I was younger and on here much more casually.
Now that I'm back and older, I want to help where I can. This site is a part of my childhood experience on Forums and one of the reasons I miss the forum format so much to this day with the influence of the modern internet. Giving people a similar positive and creative experience would be amazing.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I try to hop on every day, even if just for a few hours in the evening during a busy Uni week. During Monday, Wednesday, and weekends I tend to have a CS and Pokefarm Q (PFQ) tab open while doing volunteer subtitling. I should be easiest to reach during these times.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes I have, I understand.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, we were all there once.
Commissions for pets, C$, PFQ Currency, CAD/USD, is OPEN
See Commissions Forum Post!
My Trade ThreadAttack me on Artfight!My Pokefarm

Current Interests-
Hermitcraft 5-9
Empires SMP (1&2)
Blaseball
Hollow Knight/Silksong
Splatoon

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thank you for clicking my silly little guys to help me get Deltas
Oakleafthewarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:33 pm

Poison_Berry wrote:Username: Poison_Berry
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: On Furvilla, a friend was talking about it.
What do you like best so far?: All the different pets.
Any questions?: I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed because I'm not entirely sure what to do. Is this a forum based site? Can we raise monies without buying? What exactly do we do that keeps us drawn in everyday? Lol sorry, just thinking out loud. I'm sure I'll have more questions for the adopter.

Welcome to the site! Here are some quick answers to your questions while you wait to be adopted:
1) This is indeed a forum based site, but you don't have to participate in the forums to play. The main draw of the game is adopting the monthly pets and the event pets, and growing your collection while finding the pets you like best. You can also do the same thing with items, and then use those items to dress up your pets. The forums are like little chat rooms, where everyone can interact over a shared topic, you're free to post or not to post, whatever you're comfortable with!
2) C$ can indeed be made without buying it! A lot of users will buy your pets for c$, its just about finding the right people. You can also participate in events (next up is Halloween!) and sell things like tokens to get c$.
3) This is a site where you can do it once a week or once a month, you don't have to come back everyday. Since our pets don't die if you don't feed them or take care of them, you're free to log in however often you would like. A lot of the draw comes from trading between users and discussing topics on the forum, as well as creating art through our Oekaki forums.

Hope this helps!

just_quill wrote:Username: just_quill
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: (I am fluent in English)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: uhhh funny story actually my friend quit and gave me a bunch of CS characters and then I’m like hey what if I used this to get more OCs so I joined
What do you like best so far?: uhhhhhhhhhhh colors :> idk I haven’t been here long
Any questions?: yes? They might not go here tho so sorry if they’re in the wrong spot
After reading thru some things, what does COPPA mean?
Am I allowed to post trades for off site items (like toyhouse characters for CS pets)?
Am I allowed to do off site breeding and make them into OCs?
Am I allowed to make OCs out of CS pets (ofc giving them slight redesigns to not look the exact same as the image)?
How difficult is it to get osc (I’m assuming that’s the abbreviation for omg so common) pets? I want to get all of them (well one of each one)
I’ll probably come up with more questions but I’ll just ask whoever adopts me lol

You're in the right spot to ask questions like this don't worry! Here are some answers for you:
1) A COPPA player is a player who is under the age of 13. COPPA is from the COPPA act, or the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. It's designed so that these players who are young can still play CS without being at risk due to their younger age.
2) Yes! The biggest thing is that you ensure that all accounts you link to (like a toyhouse or a deviant art) are safe for cs. We take the safety of our users very seriously here, and due to our younger player base, everything on site or linked to the site must be safe for children to see. You can read more about this over here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4410814#p131726680
3) We go over this in depth over here, specifically in the Creating Artwork portion: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4410814#p131726703
4) osc pets are well, really common! However, this does mean that they're more likely to be hoarded. But you're not going to have too hard of a time finding one of each!

Hope this helps!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes