Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Maryanne00 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:40 am

well, do I have to do my raritys test again?
Maryanne00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gone~ » Sun May 12, 2013 2:28 am

Hello. My adopter has not contacted me for almost a week and has been inactive for a while. May I please be assigned a new one?
By the time you've read this, I'm gone.
Gone~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ReverieSkye » Sun May 12, 2013 3:24 am

ReverieSkye wrote:
Username: ReverieSkye
What areas do you want explained?: The basics of trading and rarities.
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I found it from a friend on Furrypaws
What do you like best so far?: The butterfly wolves!
Any questions?: Nope!
Looking for:
ReverieSkye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Sun May 12, 2013 5:37 am

Maryanne -3- wrote:well, do I have to do my raritys test again?

No, you won't. ^^ you passed it before so there is no need.

MasterYoda wrote:Hello. My adopter has not contacted me for almost a week and has been inactive for a while. May I please be assigned a new one?

Sure. Your adopter was mooniie, correct?
I am going to re-assign you to ~Scotland's Pond~

ReverieSkye wrote:
Username: ReverieSkye
What areas do you want explained?: The basics of trading and rarities.
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I found it from a friend on Furrypaws
What do you like best so far?: The butterfly wolves!
Any questions?: Nope!

Welcome to Cs! I hope you've enjoyed your time so far. :3

Your adopter is going to be Maryanne -3-, formerly Maryanne<3

They will contact you as soon as they receive their notification about your adoption, and will hopefully be able to help you out with all your questions.

If they don't contact you in a timely manner [that is, a week] or there are other problems you have with them [you don't understand their explanations, they're being rude, anything like that], you can tell us, and if you want, we'll assign you a new adopter. You can PM any one of us, and we will help you as fast as we are able.
>> noleah, Pandah., Fat Unicorn, Porcelaine or myself.

Until your adopter contacts you, you may want to check out some of these links:

Or some of the various guides that you can find here.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parvroon » Sun May 12, 2013 6:58 am

Username: Sillypet
What areas do you want explained: General Knowledge, please
Do you speak another language: No
How did you find Chicken Smoothie: I was looking at profiles on Mweor, and I saw a pet and clicked it.
What do you like best so far: All of my pets! And I don't have to worry about feed and bathing.
Any questions: I can only be mentored on weekends. Is that possible to get a mentor that I can work with on weekends?
My best friend in rl is purpledaeyes, do not block us please.
I'm gone on vacation, please pm me about adopts.
Check out my new species, Sarkars!
parvroon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zombles » Sun May 12, 2013 11:37 am

Username: Lonely Monsters
What areas do you want explained?: BB Code, Oekaki
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: Other than English, I speak Spanish.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I've been on here originally, so I would like a refresher.
What do you like best so far?: Adopting pets and Roleplaying :3
Any questions?: None so far!
zombles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxic37 » Sun May 12, 2013 12:37 pm

Username:
Toxic37
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
I've been on CS since late 2008 and I seriously wish that someone would have helped me out when I was new! I made so many mistakes in trading and other minor things and it would have been helpful to have someone to help me with well pretty much everything X3. Though I've been on for a long time and have grown from all of my errors and I think that I am now pretty well rounded in almost all aspects of the site. I just hope that I can help someone out so they will not make the same mistakes that I did and regret it later. I also think that I would be able to teach someone new how to use the site and anything else that they might have questions on.
How often do you get on CS?:
I am usually on CS everyday, though somedays I am on longer than others.
Which categories would you like to apply for?:
General Knowledge, Forums, BBCode (Most but not everything), Roleplaying, Trading and Pets, Ratities, and Rares List
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:
I try to get on for at least an hour a day, but it always usually ends up being more X3
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
Yes :3 I didn't apply to be mean! I am very patient and I will try my hardest to answer all questions to the best of my ability.
Roleplay Example(s):
{Ruben}

>>Brute|7 Years|Mood: Worried|Crushless<<

Ruben frowned at his answer, but backed off not really wanting to make him uncomfortable. Falling in step back behind the brute he let out a quiet pent up sigh. Klip seemed to be in thought so he didn't want to bother him with mindless questions or stories, plus he felt like he wouldn't care much anyway. It wasn't long before he saw Klip stop and he froze right behind him. Other wolves. He was fine with one or two, but a whole group made him slightly nervous. He could only deal with showing one his scarred body, since they all usually reacted the same way, but more than that just made him want to run as well. "He sounds busy. Maybe I should go." He said not being able to keep his worried tone out of his voice.

Jaxson

ɢ ᴇ ɴ ᴅ ᴇ ʀ ★ Male
ᴀ ɢ ᴇ ☆ 8 Years
ʙ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ ᴅ ★ Great Dane
ᴍ ᴏ ᴏ ᴅ ☆ Nervous
Jaxson sighed quietly as he quickly averted his eyes to the ground. "Well not exactly. My original family actually put me in the pound when I was younger. I was there for a long time and was actually set to be put to sleep. But a few days before that was going to happen I was adopted by another couple. But when they brought me outside to go back to their home I broke free and ran..." Taking a slightly shaky breath he glanced over at Infinity and frowned. "I never looked back and I was actually a stray for years until I was captured not that long ago by animal control. They brought me to the pound and I actually wasn't there for long since I was adopted by my current family."

ImageImageImageImage

| SCUBA Certified | Bachelor's in Equine Studies | EDM |
Toxic37

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mandalorian » Sun May 12, 2013 2:07 pm

♦ Donatello ♦ wrote:Username: ♦ Donatello ♦
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I am a literate person who enjoys helping people. I gift newbies often and know my basics around CS
How often do you get on CS?: Everyday (4-9 hours per day)
Which categories would you like to apply for?: General Knowledge and Roleplaying please!
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: 4-9 hours
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes. If they are being rude I respect them.
Roleplaying example:
Blossompetal glanced across the clearing, her heart raced as the unknown warrior came out from the shadows, revealing herself. It was Redstreak. She let out a chuckle and Blossompetal gasped Redstreak..? Shes my kin! Why would she even try to destroy my life? She thought grimly. She would cry if she could. Redstreak stared at her directly in the eye. Blossompetal could feel the hotness of her clanmates fur. Her heart was ready to leap out of her chest. Blossompetal looked over the ragged warrior with fear. "Blossompetal" Redstreak began slowly, Blossompetal flattened her ears
Shes not here... she can't be
xx
┌ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
xx 𝚂𝚃𝙾𝙿, 𝚆𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝙴𝙻𝙻
xxxxxxxx𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝚃𝙰𝙻𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙰𝙱𝙾𝚄𝚃?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
hey there! i'm sage. i'm n
onbinary and go by they/
them pronouns.
━━━━━━━━━━━━ ©
1x1 searchcs/fr shop ✧ l
xBLACK LIVES MATTER. ✧ l
━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxlx𝙶𝙴𝚃 𝙼𝚈 𝙿𝚁𝙴𝚃𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙰𝙼𝙴
xxxxxxxxlxxx𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙼𝙾𝚄𝚃𝙷.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlxxxxx━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┘
mandalorian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Here The Fαιяʏ Fℓιɛƨ » Sun May 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Username:A Fox in a Flower ✿
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:I have been on CS for a year and 2 months.When I look back at how bad my trading skills and posts are,I want to help out a newbie so that way they won't make the same amount of mistakes as I did.
How often do you get on CS?:I am on 7 days a week unless internet is not available at my current location.
Which categories would you like to apply for?:I would like to apply for Trading and General Knowledge,if that's possible.
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:I will usually spend about 1-4 hour on CS,considering I have no life.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:Of course!What is the point of helping someone if all you're doing is being rude and inconsiderate?
Here The Fαιяʏ Fℓιɛƨ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Sun May 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Toxic37 wrote:
Username:
Toxic37
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
I've been on CS since late 2008 and I seriously wish that someone would have helped me out when I was new! I made so many mistakes in trading and other minor things and it would have been helpful to have someone to help me with well pretty much everything X3. Though I've been on for a long time and have grown from all of my errors and I think that I am now pretty well rounded in almost all aspects of the site. I just hope that I can help someone out so they will not make the same mistakes that I did and regret it later. I also think that I would be able to teach someone new how to use the site and anything else that they might have questions on.
How often do you get on CS?:
I am usually on CS everyday, though somedays I am on longer than others.
Which categories would you like to apply for?:
General Knowledge, Forums, BBCode (Most but not everything), Roleplaying, Trading and Pets, Ratities, and Rares List
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:
I try to get on for at least an hour a day, but it always usually ends up being more X3
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
Yes :3 I didn't apply to be mean! I am very patient and I will try my hardest to answer all questions to the best of my ability.
Roleplay Example(s):
{Ruben}

>>Brute|7 Years|Mood: Worried|Crushless<<

Ruben frowned at his answer, but backed off not really wanting to make him uncomfortable. Falling in step back behind the brute he let out a quiet pent up sigh. Klip seemed to be in thought so he didn't want to bother him with mindless questions or stories, plus he felt like he wouldn't care much anyway. It wasn't long before he saw Klip stop and he froze right behind him. Other wolves. He was fine with one or two, but a whole group made him slightly nervous. He could only deal with showing one his scarred body, since they all usually reacted the same way, but more than that just made him want to run as well. "He sounds busy. Maybe I should go." He said not being able to keep his worried tone out of his voice.

Jaxson

ɢ ᴇ ɴ ᴅ ᴇ ʀ ★ Male
ᴀ ɢ ᴇ ☆ 8 Years
ʙ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ ᴅ ★ Great Dane
ᴍ ᴏ ᴏ ᴅ ☆ Nervous
Jaxson sighed quietly as he quickly averted his eyes to the ground. "Well not exactly. My original family actually put me in the pound when I was younger. I was there for a long time and was actually set to be put to sleep. But a few days before that was going to happen I was adopted by another couple. But when they brought me outside to go back to their home I broke free and ran..." Taking a slightly shaky breath he glanced over at Infinity and frowned. "I never looked back and I was actually a stray for years until I was captured not that long ago by animal control. They brought me to the pound and I actually wasn't there for long since I was adopted by my current family."

Accepted. ^_^ I'll send you the tests as soon as possible.

♦ Donatello ♦ wrote:Username: ♦ Donatello ♦
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I am a literate person who enjoys helping people. I gift newbies often and know my basics around CS 
How often do you get on CS?: Everyday (4-9 hours per day)
Which categories would you like to apply for?: General Knowledge and Roleplaying please!
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: 4-9 hours
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes. If they are being rude I respect them.
Roleplaying example:
Blossompetal glanced across the clearing, her heart raced as the unknown warrior came out from the shadows, revealing herself. It was Redstreak. She let out a chuckle and Blossompetal gasped Redstreak..? Shes my kin! Why would she even try to destroy my life? She thought grimly. She would cry if she could. Redstreak stared at her directly in the eye. Blossompetal could feel the hotness of her clanmates fur. Her heart was ready to leap out of her chest. Blossompetal looked over the ragged warrior with fear. "Blossompetal" Redstreak began slowly, Blossompetal flattened her ears
Shes not here... she can't be

Accepted for General Knowledge.

A Fox in a Flower ✿ wrote:Username:A Fox in a Flower ✿
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:I have been on CS for a year and 2 months.When I look back at how bad my trading skills and posts are,I want to help out a newbie so that way they won't make the same amount of mistakes as I did.
How often do you get on CS?:I am on 7 days a week unless internet is not available at my current location.
Which categories would you like to apply for?:I would like to apply for Trading and General Knowledge,if that's possible.
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:I will usually spend about 1-4 hour on CS,considering I have no life.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:Of course!What is the point of helping someone if all you're doing is being rude and inconsiderate?

Accepted. :3

Lonely Monsters wrote:
Username: Lonely Monsters
What areas do you want explained?: BB Code, Oekaki
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: Other than English, I speak Spanish.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I've been on here originally, so I would like a refresher. 
What do you like best so far?: Adopting pets and Roleplaying :3
Any questions?: None so far!

Sillypet wrote:Username: Sillypet
What areas do you want explained: General Knowledge, please
Do you speak another language: No
How did you find Chicken Smoothie: I was looking at profiles on Mweor, and I saw a pet and clicked it.
What do you like best so far: All of my pets! And I don't have to worry about feed and bathing.
Any questions: I can only be mentored on weekends. Is that possible to get a mentor that I can work with on weekends?

Of course you can! C:

Welcome to Chickensmoothie Lonely Monsters and Sillypet! ^_^
Lonely Monsters, your adopter will be Bananacider.
Sillypet, your adopter will be DreamieHelper.

They will contact you as soon as they receive their notification about your adoption, and will hopefully be able to help you out with all your questions. 

If they don't contact  you in a timely manner [that is, a week] or there are other problems you have with them [you don't understand their explanations, they're being rude, anything like that], you can tell us, and if you want, we'll assign you a new adopter. Simply shoot any of the staff a PM or post here, we'll help you as fast as we can ;3
>> noleah, Pandah., Hoof, Lord Amazilion, or me.

For the time being, you may want to check out some of these links:

Or some of the various guides that you can find here.
Last edited by Fat Unicorn on Sun May 19, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me