Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Alfor » Tue May 14, 2013 9:03 am

I've been assigned to a Newbie, but they didn't need much help from me. xD

I perfer to answer random questions that pop up on the thread. c:
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ishnawababa » Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 am

Username: ishnawababa
What areas do you want explained?: the BB code and rarities/the rares list
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: I only really know english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: um.... I don't really know. I remember where and when I was when I found Chicken Smoothie, but not how. I have a tendency to remember only where and when, not how. :roll:
What do you like best so far?: not being a COPPA.
Any questions?: yes. I am currently trying to figure out how to make my signature, since whenever I find a picture I want it is too big. The one in my signature right now is an experiment. Also, how do you make rules for trades? I can't figure out how... While i am on the topic of trades, I want to trade up some of my uncommons for rares fairly. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Ishnawababa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Tue May 14, 2013 10:39 am

Ishnawababa wrote:Username: ishnawababa
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: um.... I don't really know. I remember where and when I was when I found Chicken Smoothie, but not how. I have a tendency to remember only where and when, not how. :roll:
Any questions?: yes. I am currently trying to figure out how to make my signature, since whenever I find a picture I want it is too big. The one in my signature right now is an experiment. Also, how do you make rules for trades? I can't figure out how... While i am on the topic of trades, I want to trade up some of my uncommons for rares fairly. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

From what I know of, the BBCode [BB Code] is used for signatures and fourms for certain links/images. Say, if you want a dragon egg/hatchling/adult from your Dragon Cave in your signature or post, copy and paste the BBCode and it'll pop right up for people to click! The same works for all other adoptables from other cites, CS pets, and other images.

For the Rarities and Rares List, it determines on how many pets there are on the site that all users own. The less amount of that type of pet [Ex: Raven Dog], the rarer it is. It is best to choose wisely when trading for rares, make sure it's fair!
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Annora » Wed May 15, 2013 2:01 am

Which mod do I send my form to get approved since my account's not a year old.
LOOKING FOR TRADING PARTNERS!!!! HAVE 50+ ANIMALS IN ADOPTION CENTER!! STILL NEED DONATIONS,THOUGH!!**WILL BE OUT FROM THE 23RD OF MAY-JUNE 11TH!! PLEASE LEAVE TRADES,DONATIONS,AND ADOPTION REQUESTS- I'LL RESPOND WHEN I RETURN!**
BUBBY HERRINGTON, ENGLISH BULL, 13 Y/O . MAY 20, 2013. R.I.P . MY BABY..
Annora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breath. » Wed May 15, 2013 10:53 pm

{ f l y a w a y } wrote:
Username:
{ f l y a w a y }
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
Because I help people just generally. I'm very patient and kind.
My best subject is English so I'm good at role playing
How often do you get on CS?:
10 hours a week, probably minimum is 5 hours
Which categories would you like to apply for?:
General Knowledge
Forums
BBcode
Role playing
Oekaki
Trading and Pets
Rarities
Rares List
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:
2 hours maximum 20 minutes minimum
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
Of Course!!!

Role Play Example

•Malikai "Kai" Tattaron• At; Forest • With; Raven

"Raven?!?!"
I call out into the darkness
"Raven where are you?!"
I wandered around aimlessly hoping to find my friend. Why did we break the rules and come out here? I thought to myself Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!. Then I heard a noise. I whipped around as fast as lightning drawing my bow and knocking an arrow.
"Show yourself!" I call

I edited and added the Role Play example. I hope it is ok!
breath.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Thu May 16, 2013 7:23 am

{ f l y a w a y } wrote:
Username:
{ f l y a w a y }
Because I help people just generally. I'm very patient and kind.
My best subject is English so I'm good at role playing
10 hours a week, probably minimum is 5 hours
General Knowledge
Forums
BBcode
Role playing
Oekaki
Trading and Pets
Rarities
Rares List
2 hours maximum 20 minutes minimum
Of Course!!!

Role Play Example

•Malikai "Kai" Tattaron• At; Forest • With; Raven

"Raven?!?!"
I call out into the darkness
"Raven where are you?!"
I wandered around aimlessly hoping to find my friend. Why did we break the rules and come out here? I thought to myself Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!. Then I heard a noise. I whipped around as fast as lightning drawing my bow and knocking an arrow.
"Show yourself!" I call

Accepted, but I'm turning you own for the roleplaying category. Sorry!
Anyways, I'll have someone send you the tests.

Annora wrote:Which mod do I send my form to get approved since my account's not a year old.

Any of us. :3 It doesn't matter.

-- -- --

Davhie and Jayy wrote:
Username:
Davhie and Jayy

What areas do you want explained?:
Trading and Pets

Do you speak another language, and if so which one?:
Besides of English I speak German, but I'm pretty sure I could also communicate with someone in English without any problems

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:
I saw a thread about it at another website

What do you like best so far?:
The community seems to be really good, different from other websites I know. And ,of course, I fell in love with the cute animal graphics :33

Any questions?
/

It would be great, if someone would like to answe rall my dumb questions, because I'm sure, without help I will be in a fix :$

Triple Trouble wrote:
        Username: Triple Trouble
        What areas do you want explained?: Mainly rarities and rares list, but some general knowledge would be helpful, too. I've read many of the guides, so I have an idea, but I want to learn more specific things about trading.
        Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: No.
        How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I clicked on a picture of a Cerberus in someone's profile on another site, and fell in love.
        What do you like best so far?: Aside from loving the Cerberus, I've determined that my favorite May litter is the butterfly wolves. I've seen what they turn into, and I'm excited to see mine grow!
        Any questions?: Plenty of them, but I will start with one. What is the general policy on trading newborns? What are they worth? I've put up a trade thread advertising mine, but I don't know what to expect to get in return for them.

Wackywolf81 wrote:Usename:Wackywolf81
what areas do you want explained? I want to know about posting, friends, and rare pets.
Do you speak another language and if so, which one? No, I only speak english.
How did you find chicken smoothie? I heard lots of people talking about it, and decided to check it out.
What do you like best so far? I like to see all the different kinds of pets and I like adopting pets.
Any questions? When I am adopted, how long will I be adopted for?
Wackywolf81 wrote:Oops! Im sorry! for "what areas do you want explained" I wanted, General knowledge,Roleplaying, BBcode, oekaki and Rarities. Is that too much? Im not sure, sorry!

Ishnawababa wrote:Username: ishnawababa

Welcome to CS guys! :3 I hope you have enjoyed your time here so far.

Davhie and Jayy, your adopter will be Elephantie.
Triple Trouble, your adopter will be Penguin;
Wackywolf81, your adopter will be TheCalicoTabby
Ishnawababa, your adopter will be l i v e ♥

They will contact you as soon as they receive their notification about your adoption, and will hopefully be able to help you out with all your questions.

If they don't contact you in a timely manner [that is, a week] or there are other problems you have with them [you don't understand their explanations, they're being rude, anything like that], you can tell us, and if you want, we'll assign you a new adopter. You can PM any one of us, and we will help you as fast as we are able.
>> noleah, Pandah., Fat Unicorn, Porcelaine or
myself.

Until your adopter contacts you, you may want to check out some of these links:

Or some of the various guides that you can find here.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tomori » Thu May 16, 2013 7:48 am

Username:
iced tea;;

Because I have been on the site for almost 2 years and I have adopted a newbie before maybe last October or something and I still keep in good contact with my newbie that I showed around c: He/she (I never got to know my newbie's gender >.<) now uses the site like I do.

Everyday.

Forum, BB Code, Trading & Pets and Role-playing.

Almost all day. Since I am home-schooled I usually check on CS while I'm doing my schoolwork.

I promise! Now I wouldn't be applying if I won't be helpful now will I? Heehee.

Role-Playing Sample:

Millie walked through the park with her messy red hair hanging past her shoulders. Her muscles ached from the work-out she had done the night before but she had decided to take a leisurely stroll through Central Park to take her mind off a few 'personal issues'.
The park used to be enjoyable before a certain worldwide terror had struck the heart of New York and was now running ravid through the avenues and alleys- most of the people she knew were dead or hiding away in the subways but she had decided not to cower away from the situation that was literally eating away her family... She could feel the knife that she had strapped onto her leg prick her as she walked but it was better safe than sorry when carrying a weapon; she would need her knife.
As she reached the end of the path she was walking on that led out onto a paved sidewalk, Millie grasped the handle of her knife with sweaty palms and withdrew it from the strap, she heard lifeless moans and a few startled screams a few blocks away and she knew she'd have to kill whatever was coming.
Anyway- she was living in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

♡ ♰ ♥
tomori - she/her - infp - capricorn - british (gmt)

q&i - mal - best friendo

some pretty cool dudes: - -

discord: tomori #9911
i don't use this site anymore. if you're up for an rp
then please find me on quill & ink roleplay
Tomori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tazmir » Thu May 16, 2013 7:54 am

Just wanted to say,that my Newbie has not asked questions for a while, so i could help another one out.
XXXX||LIGHTS OFF||XXXX

Tazmir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Thu May 16, 2013 8:11 am

Luzifer wrote:Just wanted to say,that my Newbie has not asked questions for a while, so i could help another one out.

You have to reapply if you'd like by reposing your application form :3
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Porcelaine » Sat May 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Hellooo dearies. Sorry I've been absent I've just been super busy and have logged on for like 3 minutes the past week. //lolsorry

And thank you Daybreak. c;

Give me a second to go through everything and I'll see if I can answer stuff.
Looks like Aquilia saved my butt, thanks for being on top of everything.^^
[list]Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Need Help? -Get to know me - Characters

Hi there lovie, I'm Porcelaine
I'm always open to friendly folk, feel free to send me a hello!

The Adopt a Newbie program is constantly looking for volunteers to apply to help guide a new member!

I'm not as active as other members, my replies may take a while. Thank you for your patience!

Kindness is no virtue, but a common duty.
Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me