Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby AquilaFuga » Mon May 20, 2013 7:22 am

.:WolfFang737:. wrote:
Username: .:WolfFang737:.
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I have been on CS quite awhile now, And I believe I am ready to take on the job of being a mentor to help out the people who may not know who CS works.
How often do you get on CS?: It depends on what I am doing. During the weekdays I am on at 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm. (Eastern Time Zone). On weekends it can be totally random. I am on for most of the day.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: Roleplaying would be nice
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: In one sitting I can be on for 5 minutes to an hour, (I really like CS.) But for a whole day, Perhaps 2-5 hours.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yeppers! :3

.:WolfFang737:. wrote:[center](Thanks for Recap)

Cloud somehow, Heard his voice from afar. The Endportal. His mind whirled with thoughts. He darted through the trees, Straining to hear the voices again. He needed to go there. He needed to help. Maybe even stop them. The branches went past him quickly as he kept sprinting. His hunger when down with every step he took. Cloud needed a rest and fast. He leaned against a tree and opened his pack, bringing out some cooked pork. He devoured it swiftly and it brought up his hunger the slightest bit.

He continued on, slower, Taking his time. Cloud was seriously lost. Where were the strangers he heard before? He was about to lean against another tree when a spider leaped down from a tree and landed on him, sinking it's fangs deep into his flesh. Cloud fell to the ground in pain and thrashed his sword at the spider, knocking it away. Cloud scrambled up, aiming his bow and shooting the spider, killing it. Cloud panted, His health was low. He checked his pack, No golden apples... No health potions... How was he to survive?

Cloud cleaned his sword in the grass silently. He strained to hear the voices. Nothing. Nothing but the breeze. Cloud brushed his hair out of his face again and his teal eyes started to grow white in frustration. He slammed his fist against the tree he had been leaning on, removing one of the wood blocks. Cloud breathed, Trying to calm down his anger that kept boiling. He then noticed his sword was about to break because of the strength of the mobs. What was happening?...

[/center]

Accepted. :3

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kioliona » Mon May 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Daybreak. wrote:
Kioliona wrote:Any questions?: What's is the Archive?

Hello Kioliona C:

The Archive is the page in Chicken Smoothie that keeps record of all the monthly pet releases as well as all the irregular item releases that there have been on the site since it was opened. On CS new pets are released on a monthly basis and the archive serves to keep track of these releases and can be used by members to check on pets that have been released in the past. It also lets you know which pets you do or do not own, and through the archives you can also add pets to your wish-list.

If you have any more questions on how to use the archives or anything else feel free to PM me until you're assigned an adopter who can help guide you through the site :3

Thank you so much!
Kioliona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Mon May 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Kioliona wrote:
Thank you so much!

No problem C:

Your new adopter should be able to answer any further questions that you have ^^
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snips. » Mon May 20, 2013 3:10 pm

Username:
Snips.
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
I always enjoy helping others out and helping a Newbie out would be a good way to make them feel welcome to the community and make sure they don't get ripped off somehow. I've also been assigned to a newbie before and they seem to be going great. (I was Ayrena when I helped one) so I can't wait to help another one.
How often do you get on CS?:
Everyday. If I can't get on with my computer, I use my phone.
Which categories would you like to apply for?:
General Knowledge, Forums, BB Code, Roleplaying, Oekaki and Trading and Pets
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:
A few hours, and most of the time I have it open while doing other things too, and check it often.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
Yes. Always <3

Recent RP example:

Ahsoka opened her eyes up, clear from her meditation. She slid off her bed and walked over to a full lenghth mirror. In return she saw a girl with long orange hair and wearing her uniform but at the same time, she saw herself.
    "Lets hope this works." She muttered to herself, reaching hand out and her cloak flew to it. She walked to the door and paused. She heard some singing. Ahsoka made a face. If they had a singing class and expected her to do it, they were sorely, sorely mistaken.
    She reached and turned the silver nob on the door, opening it up. Rather primitive...
    She just shrugged it off and looked out of the orange door, her hood over her face as she looked around.
    Now if this all went to plan, when people looked at her directly,.they'd see a human girl (if she didn't lose her concentration) instead of her Togruta self.
    Speaking of human girls... She thought seeing two humans walking down the hallway.
ON HIATUS
Snips.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JustDucky » Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Username: JustDucky
What areas do you want explained?: The Oekaki, please!
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: English is my main language.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I don't remember....
What do you like best so far?: It's all amazing...the people...the forums.
Any questions?: I have been on here for over a year(I made this account a while back, but it may say I haven't), but I just got a laptop, and would like to know a bit about the Oekaki, is it still possible for me to be adopted?
ʆɩȵӄ credit
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Don't let your dreams stay memes."

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 36 people.
I have received 31 gifts.

She/Her
JustDucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Espeo/Alpha » Wed May 22, 2013 2:11 am

Username: Espeo/Alpha (you can call me either)
What areas do you want explained?: How do I get older pets and rares?
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: Yes but I'm fine communicating in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:I found it years ago when CS just started, adopted a few pets without registering until I rediscovered this site through a friend but never really got started.
What do you like best so far?: Er.. the pets I guess ^^
Any questions?: Regardless what my registration date might suggest, I really don't know what I am doing beside adopting pets from the front page. But from what I understand, they won't fetch a lot trading-wise.

Also I read most of the guides on the front page btw :)
Pet's name: Elliot
Espeo/Alpha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RadicalEdward » Wed May 22, 2013 4:40 am

Username: KatKitty
What areas do you want explained?: Rarities please.
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: Just English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: One of my friends told me about it
What do you like best so far?: The people! Everyone is so nice, it's lovely.
Any questions?: Nothing really.
❤️💛💚💙💜hiii❤️💛💚💙💜
RadicalEdward

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gone for good » Wed May 22, 2013 7:03 am

ok so i am one of your newbies and i just want to say thanks so much but i dont think i need help any more i have been doing well on my own so thank you again and your awesome good bye :D :D :D :D
gone for good

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Punkie » Wed May 22, 2013 8:39 am

Username: Greece
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: Because I have been on the site for awhile, love to help others, and think it would be a great way to help people out while also making new friends c:
How often do you get on CS?: At least a few times a day
-General Knowledge
-Forums (1306 posts)
-Role playing ( Example of a literate role play: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1663500 )
-Trading and Pets
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: Anywhere from a few hours to yen minutes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I do! I would think of nothing else~
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
████████████ ✧ ███

𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚
┌──────────┐

Hi! I'm Punkie!

☼ Industrial Engineer
☼ Car Mechanic
☼ Member since 2012
☼ Bat Collector
☼ Punk Dog Enjoyer
☼ Video Gaymer

└──────────┘
xImage

████ ✧ █████████████
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━xImage
Punkie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Porcelaine » Thu May 23, 2013 9:52 am

Snips. wrote:[center] Username:
Snips.
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
I always enjoy helping others out and helping a Newbie out would be a good way to make them feel welcome to the community and make sure they don't get ripped off somehow. I've also been assigned to a newbie before and they seem to be going great. (I was Ayrena when I helped one) so I can't wait to help another one.
How often do you get on CS?:
Everyday. If I can't get on with my computer, I use my phone.
General Knowledge, Forums, BB Code, Roleplaying, Oekaki and Trading and Pets
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:
A few hours, and most of the time I have it open while doing other things too, and check it often.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
Yes. Always <3

Recent RP example:

Ahsoka opened her eyes up, clear from her meditation. She slid off her bed and walked over to a full lenghth mirror. In return she saw a girl with long orange hair and wearing her uniform but at the same time, she saw herself.
    "Lets hope this works." She muttered to herself, reaching hand out and her cloak flew to it. She walked to the door and paused. She heard some singing. Ahsoka made a face. If they had a singing class and expected her to do it, they were sorely, sorely mistaken.
    She reached and turned the silver nob on the door, opening it up. Rather primitive...
    She just shrugged it off and looked out of the orange door, her hood over her face as she looked around.
    Now if this all went to plan, when people looked at her directly,.they'd see a human girl (if she didn't lose her concentration) instead of her Togruta self.
    Speaking of human girls... She thought seeing two humans walking down the hallway.

Accepted.^^

Greece wrote: Username: Greece
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: Because I have been on the site for awhile, love to help others, and think it would be a great way to help people out while also making new friends c:
How often do you get on CS?: At least a few times a day
-General Knowledge
-Forums (1306 posts)
-Role playing ( Example of a literate role play: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1663500 )
-Trading and Pets
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: Anywhere from a few hours to yen minutes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I do! I would think of nothing else~

I'm torn on the semi-literate or literate category, do you mind if I ask another mod to look it over? We'll collaborate and see what seems best for the new members to learn.

--- xx ---

JustDucky wrote:Username: JustDucky
What areas do you want explained?: The Oekaki, please!
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: English is my main language.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I don't remember....
What do you like best so far?: It's all amazing...the people...the forums.
Any questions?: I have been on here for over a year(I made this account a while back, but it may say I haven't), but I just got a laptop, and would like to know a bit about the Oekaki, is it still possible for me to be adopted?

Your adopter will be Dragon Frog.

Important;
If they don't contact you in a timely manner [this week], let us know and we can assign you a new adopter. If you have any complaints, questions, or suggestions feel free to contact one of the AAN Staff. Noleah,Pandah.,Lord Amazillion,Fat Unicorn,Fishyperson, AquiliaFuga, or me.

Espeo/Alpha wrote:Username: Espeo/Alpha (you can call me either)
What areas do you want explained?: How do I get older pets and rares?
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: Yes but I'm fine communicating in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:I found it years ago when CS just started, adopted a few pets without registering until I rediscovered this site through a friend but never really got started.
What do you like best so far?: Er.. the pets I guess ^^
Any questions?: Regardless what my registration date might suggest, I really don't know what I am doing beside adopting pets from the front page. But from what I understand, they won't fetch a lot trading-wise.

Also I read most of the guides on the front page btw :)

I'm going to assign you to Maryanne<3 because they are experts in both rarities and knowledge.

Important;
If they don't contact you in a timely manner [this week], let us know and we can assign you a new adopter. If you have any complaints, questions, or suggestions feel free to contact one of the AAN Staff. Noleah,Pandah.,Lord Amazillion,Fat Unicorn,Fishyperson, AquiliaFuga, or me.

KatKitty wrote:Username: KatKitty
What areas do you want explained?: Rarities please.
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: Just English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: One of my friends told me about it
What do you like best so far?: The people! Everyone is so nice, it's lovely.
Any questions?: Nothing really.

We currently don't have any adopters that are under the rarities category. If you need help with rarities, there's a guide that explains most of it. If you need further help, I will happy to assign you an adopter when we get one for rarities. You'd just have to wait though, if that's alright.

--- xx ---

--- xx ---
[list]Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Need Help? -Get to know me - Characters

Hi there lovie, I'm Porcelaine
I'm always open to friendly folk, feel free to send me a hello!

The Adopt a Newbie program is constantly looking for volunteers to apply to help guide a new member!

I'm not as active as other members, my replies may take a while. Thank you for your patience!

Kindness is no virtue, but a common duty.
Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me