Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Fat Unicorn » Sun May 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Vinyl~Scratch~ wrote:D: I have not been added to the list yet, it's been a long time. I'm sorry if things are just busy and I'm being inconsiderate, but I'm just wondering what's up...

All of us are pretty busy at the moment. :) We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sweet Girl wrote:Username: Sweet Girl
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I think I have enough knowledge of the site to apply for this position, and also I have been a member on the cite for close to three years and is well rounded on the basic but most important things to know. Also as my usename suggests I'm sweet :D.
How often do you get on CS?:For the past few weeks not that often only because of family matters but I am ready to rededicate myself to this amazing site.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: Trading and Pets
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: Usually close too three hours but like I said before the past few weeks have been rocky for me, but I am ready to jump back into action.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I believe in treating others(no matter how fustrated I am) on how I would want to be treated. I also have a calme and sensable headon my shoulders.
Thankyou Personally for considering this Application for I am looking foward to provide others with insight about this sight.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn you down, sorry. ^^; Maybe next time!
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Porcelaine » Sun May 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Vinyl~Scratch~ wrote:D: I have not been added to the list yet, it's been a long time. I'm sorry if things are just busy and I'm being inconsiderate, but I'm just wondering what's up...

What page is your form?

Poni's covered it.
@Sweet Girl; I'm not entirely sure if I agree with your form, you say you've been on for three years but your account is from 2012, that'd only make it about a year. The post count concerns me, do you mind if I consult another thread mod?
[list]Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Need Help? -Get to know me - Characters

Hi there lovie, I'm Porcelaine
I'm always open to friendly folk, feel free to send me a hello!

The Adopt a Newbie program is constantly looking for volunteers to apply to help guide a new member!

I'm not as active as other members, my replies may take a while. Thank you for your patience!

Kindness is no virtue, but a common duty.
Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .galaxy. » Sun May 26, 2013 4:42 pm

I understand :) No worries!
hey i'm jess and i'm a damn gay mess
.galaxy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon May 27, 2013 3:00 am

List is updated.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaita » Mon May 27, 2013 4:02 am

Username: Kaita, pronounced kee-ta
What areas do you want explained?: The Rare List and trading. I don't understand how one rare dog of the same year could be rarer than another?
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A clerk at Hot Topic had some really cute pins and told be about a pet site called "Chickensmoothie". At first I thought it was a site where people ground their pets into pulp and sold them. o_o I'm glad I checked it out for myself!
What do you like best so far?: The site is easy to navigate and I love the background. I am a bit disappointed I didn't adopt one of the pets on the buttons, but I got a few other cuties. Here is my adorable foal, Corgie.
Pet's name: Corgie
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Any questions?:How long will it take the Store to restock? I really want to get my hand on those pins.
If you've clicked on one of these pm me. You can have a free CS pet. :)
ImageImageImage
Kaita

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glittering » Mon May 27, 2013 4:05 am

I haven't talked to my newbie for about a month, could you consider putting me back on the list? :)
Glittering

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon May 27, 2013 4:08 am

Glittering wrote:
I haven't talked to my newbie for about a month, could you consider putting me back on the list? :)

Did you answer any questions they had? If not, we can put you back on the top of the list, if you did, we can put you on the bottom. Just quote your old form and add anything new to it if needed :3
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Porcelaine » Mon May 27, 2013 4:22 am

Kaita wrote:Username: Kaita, pronounced kee-ta
What areas do you want explained?: The Rare List and trading. I don't understand how one rare dog of the same year could be rarer than another?
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A clerk at Hot Topic had some really cute pins and told be about a pet site called "Chickensmoothie". At first I thought it was a site where people ground their pets into pulp and sold them. o_o I'm glad I checked it out for myself!
What do you like best so far?: The site is easy to navigate and I love the background. I am a bit disappointed I didn't adopt one of the pets on the buttons, but I got a few other cuties. Here is my adorable foal, Corgie.
Pet's name: Corgie
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Any questions?:How long will it take the Store to restock? I really want to get my hand on those pins.

It's all about supply and demand, which is what the list factors in. Your adopter, DizzyLittleDreamer will be able to explain it to you further.

If they don't contact you in a timely manner [this week], let us know and we can assign you a new adopter. If you have any complaints, questions, or suggestions feel free to contact one of the AAN Staff. Noleah,Pandah.,Lord Amazillion,Fat Unicorn, AquiliaFuga, or me.
As for the store, I suppose you're speaking of real merchandise? There's no set date, Tess usually announces when there is new stuff to buy, but it costs a lot to manufacture and ship, so it's not done regularly.
[list]Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Need Help? -Get to know me - Characters

The Adopt a Newbie program is constantly looking for volunteers to apply to help guide a new member!

I'm not as active as other members, my replies may take a while. Thank you for your patience!

Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bud » Mon May 27, 2013 6:44 am

Username: ~R~
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: Well, I think I've been on Chicken Smoothie for a good while now and I would love to help new members to enjoy all the awesome things on the site. And to not get cheated.
How often do you get on CS?: It really all depends, but I'm on enough.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: General Knowledge, Forums, Roleplaying, BB Code, Trading and Pets
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: Probably 5-6 hours in total each day I'm on.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course. Being mean is ridiculous and why apply to be a helper if you don't be nice to them at all.
not my art obviously you think i can draw?? i'm WRITING a book

bud // adult (maybe) // wiccan
writing a fantasy/romance novel
from my trashcan (homey!)
always down to talk about books

word count: 112,134
page count: 596
bud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Porcelaine » Mon May 27, 2013 7:04 am

~R~ wrote:Username: ~R~
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: Well, I think I've been on Chicken Smoothie for a good while now and I would love to help new members to enjoy all the awesome things on the site. And to not get cheated.
How often do you get on CS?: It really all depends, but I'm on enough.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: General Knowledge, Forums, Roleplaying, BB Code, Trading and Pets
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: Probably 5-6 hours in total each day I'm on.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course. Being mean is ridiculous and why apply to be a helper if you don't be nice to them at all.

Please provide a roleplaying example.^^ Also, can you give us an estimate on how often you're on? It doesn't have to be exact, but it helps determine if you're capable of guiding a newbie. So far I believe you are.^^

Porcelaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me