Must-Read Topics For Newbies

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Must-Read Topics For Newbies C:

Postby ratty_tamajinn » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:30 am

I have a few questions I can't find the answers to, can anyone point me in the right direction?

1. Are you allowed to trade pets you get from the pound? Or is it frowned upon? People keep telling me I can, but they are generally people who want my pets so they're biased.

2. Do pets ever have 'rare' status right from the start, or do they only attain it over time? Do I have any chance of getting a rare from a month's regular adoptions, or will they only become rare later when there are more people wanting them than existing pets?

That's all I can think of right now, thank you so much for reading my post!
ratty_tamajinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotty » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:01 am

ratty_tamajinn wrote:I have a few questions I can't find the answers to, can anyone point me in the right direction?

1. Are you allowed to trade pets you get from the pound? Or is it frowned upon? People keep telling me I can, but they are generally people who want my pets so they're biased.

2. Do pets ever have 'rare' status right from the start, or do they only attain it over time? Do I have any chance of getting a rare from a month's regular adoptions, or will they only become rare later when there are more people wanting them than existing pets?

That's all I can think of right now, thank you so much for reading my post!

1. Yes, you can trade your pound pets, it's not breaking any rules. However trading away pets you got from the pound is discouraged, and you will get a sad PM from your pet begging to stay with you.
  2. Yep, pets can turn rare right away from the start. it's not that usual but there are often more rare pets released around events (like halloween) so make sure you check back often^^. The rarity is calculated from how many of that pet there are in total and how many users there are. A pet doesn't really have a rarity when it's released, it depends on how many are adopted (but the chance of getting a certain pet can be small and thusly it's likely to be rare). Pets will also slowly gain rarity over time since new users join and some pets might get deleted.
Spotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hurricane2267 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 am

Thanks I am new to this website. :D :)
Hurricane2267

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ratty_tamajinn » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:23 am

Thank you very much Spotty, I could not find that information on any FAQs here, and believe me I looked! It's nice to know I can come back here if I have more questions!
ratty_tamajinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥WhiteRose♥ » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:57 am

Wow, this is really helpful
ist2_3614875-ballet-shoes
♥WhiteRose♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pebles22 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:29 am

thanks that was really helpful!
pebles22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jmm0823 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:41 pm

I was just wondering about how do people breed to get third gen pets? Can you breed and if you do who gets the babies? Do you have to breed to the same type of animal?
I finally beat the record for the most bunnies collected. I want to thank everyone who has helped me along my journey.

I collect bunnies, lions, horses, and foxed. Would love to get more bunnies and lions.

I have been a holibomber for 5 years now. Below is just from this year.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _137_ people.
I have received _41_ gifts.
I have nuked _52_ people.
I have received _0_ nukes.
I have won _0_ gift wars.
I have lost _0_ gift wars.
jmm0823

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotty » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 pm

jmm0823 wrote:I was just wondering about how do people breed to get third gen pets? Can you breed and if you do who gets the babies? Do you have to breed to the same type of animal?

You can't breed your pets on CS, only the CS artists can pick out couples to breed and the babies are aviable for everyone to adopt. If you'd like to know more you can read the info topic Breedable Adoptables - READ THIS^^. Usually the parents have to be the same species, but there has been two mixed couples (butterfly wolf X dog) on a special occation.

You can suggest couples you like at the POST ALL ADOPTABLE IDEAS HERE! thread, and if you're really lucky your suggestion might be made real^^.
Spotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jmm0823 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:48 am

Thank you so so much Spotted. I have been reading so much here and it seems to get scrambled up in my head. Thank again.
I finally beat the record for the most bunnies collected. I want to thank everyone who has helped me along my journey.

I collect bunnies, lions, horses, and foxed. Would love to get more bunnies and lions.

I have been a holibomber for 5 years now. Below is just from this year.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _137_ people.
I have received _41_ gifts.
I have nuked _52_ people.
I have received _0_ nukes.
I have won _0_ gift wars.
I have lost _0_ gift wars.
jmm0823

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery