The General Helpers

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Newbie Helpers

Postby Hibiscus. » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Serena wrote:
kakagame wrote:oh yeah, can someone tell me a little bit more on "oekakiii"? the help section wasn't VERY clear like i hoped it would be...

The Oekaki is basically a part of the forum where you can draw. To make a drawing you go to 'beginners Oekaki' or 'sketches and experiments' (these two advised for starters), then go to 'new topic'. You'll see a canvas on which you can draw, and you can write some text under it, i.e. to explain what you drew.

I hope this cleared it up a bit? ^^ Feel free to PM me if something still isn't clear.

ohhhh. i keep seeing these awesome drawings! Thank you sooooo muchhh! I think i'll start by coloring and not drawing. I can draw anythinggggg right?
h i b i s c u s .
Hibiscus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Yep, you can draw whatever you like, so long as it's appropriate for all ages, of course. ^^ Animals, people, still-lifes, landscapes, abstracts and so on are all fair game. However, the rules about not copying other art still apply on the Oekaki, so for example you can't copy the CS pet linearts or the design of someone else's character. ;)
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tallulah » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:59 pm

-Claps for Wild- Very nice! I'm sure the newbies will find this very helpful.
Tallulah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildDragonfly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:27 am

Sydneesacupcake wrote:-Claps for Wild- Very nice! I'm sure the newbies will find this very helpful.

Thank you very much ♥ ^^
    Although, this was also put together with guidance from Tess and feedback from the NH team.
    And yes, I sure hope new players will find this at least a bit useful. :D

Sorry if I've worried anyone. I'm not dead, just too busy to do my usual leisure activities online. Real life always catches up with you lol.
If you have any questions please ask another one of our awesome General Helpers
<3
WildDragonfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hibiscus. » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Atwood wrote:Yep, you can draw whatever you like, so long as it's appropriate for all ages, of course. ^^ Animals, people, still-lifes, landscapes, abstracts and so on are all fair game. However, the rules about not copying other art still apply on the Oekaki, so for example you can't copy the CS pet linearts or the design of someone else's character. ;)

ohhh. okay. so no copying anybody's charaterrrs or CSS pet lineartsss, does that include designs??
h i b i s c u s .
Hibiscus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildDragonfly » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:49 am

Nope, don't copy anyone's character unless of course, you are wanting to make them fan art. CS line art is a no-no.
    As for CS designs, it is okay to draw animals or something with the same design :) If you post it off site just make sure to write that the original design came from Chicken Smoothie.

If you do decide to make fan art of Chicken Smoothie pets, you can post them here ^^
    CS Fan art/poems/etc

Sorry if I've worried anyone. I'm not dead, just too busy to do my usual leisure activities online. Real life always catches up with you lol.
If you have any questions please ask another one of our awesome General Helpers
<3
WildDragonfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gothicrage1909 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:37 am

how can i become a new helper

are you ready tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......................... raveeeeeeee
Gothicrage1909

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toadfoal » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:46 am

Gothicrage1909 wrote:how can i become a new helper

Tess set up a thread to apply in a few months ago. But you can still help! We'd love it if you would welcome people in the introductions thread, there's lots of ways to help.
Toadfoal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gothicrage1909 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:02 am

Toadfoal wrote:
Gothicrage1909 wrote:how can i become a new helper

Tess set up a thread to apply in a few months ago. But you can still help! We'd love it if you would welcome people in the introductions thread, there's lots of ways to help.

ok cool

are you ready tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......................... raveeeeeeee
Gothicrage1909

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hibiscus. » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 pm

WildDragonfly wrote:
    Nope, don't copy anyone's character unless of course, you are wanting to make them fan art. CS line art is a no-no.
    As for CS designs, it is okay to draw animals or something with the same design :) If you post it off site just make sure to write that the original design came from Chicken Smoothie.

If you do decide to make fan art of Chicken Smoothie pets, you can post them here ^^
    CS Fan art/poems/etc

ahhh. alrightt. got it, thanks to you nice people of CSS. is theree anythingg else I should know? I think i'll start working on fan art in Photoshopppp hehe. thanks 8D
h i b i s c u s .
Hibiscus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me