Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby daybreak. » Sat May 18, 2013 1:23 pm

No problem Laine. Glad I could help <3
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nevermore Raven » Sat May 18, 2013 3:01 pm

Username: ᏝᎧᏤᏋ
What areas do you want explained?: How to trade fairly and to get people to like your posts, what you do with a fursona when you win one
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: no but i do some other languages
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend told me about it
What do you like best so far?: How the pets grow and what they like when they grow up
Any questions?: I'm sorta kinda maybe a newbie, i just wanted some help with the game because im not really good at it. Wondering if im still allowed to be adopted?
Nevermore Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Sat May 18, 2013 4:04 pm

ᏝᎧᏤᏋ wrote: I'm sorta kinda maybe a newbie, i just wanted some help with the game because im not really good at it. Wondering if im still allowed to be adopted?

As long as you feel you need help you can apply to be adopted ;3
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolf Howler » Sun May 19, 2013 9:53 am

Username:*~WolfHowler~*
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:I've been on this game for about a year and a half and I love to help( ^_^')
How often do you get on CS?:Almost everyday
Which categories would you like to apply for?:Pretty much anything
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:Almost all day
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:OF COURSE!!!
I am quitting Chicken Smoothie, so I will be sending all my pets to booitis. Please don't ban her!

NEVERMIND, I LOVE THEM :'(((
Wolf Howler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby light. » Sun May 19, 2013 11:04 am

light. wrote:
username:
light.

why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
well, i really like to be useful, to interact with other members and to help. i usually check the "help and suggestions" forum to solve doubts, etc.

how often do you get on CS?:
everyday xD i'm addicted to cs, so i get on everyday and try to check my messages and answer them

which categories would you like to apply for?:
-roleplaying; i consider myself a semi-literate+ roleplayer, and i'm a part of the semi-literate club, a place to discuss and create new roleplays, characters, discuss and develope your ideas. i have experience with one-on-one's [i'm planning one atm], with fantasy and realistic roleplays even if they're not literate and know many rpers. i can help the newbie to get familiar with the different types of roleplays, how to create a form, how to code your character's post, where to find pics, etc. And there's also the Iliterate to literate school though c; here are some examples:

-bb code; i'm trying to create a coding shop myself, selling forum coding, form coding, post coding, etc. everyday i try to learn new things about fixing images, making them transparent or different ways to insert links

-general knowledge; i think i know basic things a newbie should know [bookmarking, subscribing, signature, trade rules] and what goes on each forum, what's the difference between them, the meaning of terms as "paperclipping", "ninja trading", "scamming", so i think i'd be helpful here too c:

-forums; i've posted on different forums, i know the right section to post something and the different places to rant, discuss or be a part of a group. i have more than 500 post [more than 3000 at the moment] and i believe i'd be helpful in this category too.

-trading and pets; i used to be an active trader, and i know the basics to start a trade, where you have to add your pets, the different ways of doing it, etc.

also, i speak spanish very fluently, understand portuguese and french [je parle un petit peut le français, parce qu'il semble á une des langues de mon pays]

how long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:
monday, wednesday and friday about 3 hours; tuesday and thursday 4 or so. however, messages arrive to my phone now, which is always on, so i'll be able to solve doubts very quickly. during the weekends, i usually leave every saturday, but i'm always back on sunday

do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
yes, even if the newbie is not being respectful, manners are the last thing you can lose

here are some examples of my posts; the first one is an intro post and the second one a response

light. wrote:
DAENERYS KNOX HALE

{ mood - sleepy } { where - kitchen } { tagged - none }

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The kitchen seemed awfully normal: white tiles, white walls, white furniture. So many white things for such a dark person.
      Just a black cup in the middle of the kitchen table, the only thing that really belonged to the owner of the house. Such
      a light decoration wouldn't fit the owner, but she was new there. Only that cup represented Dany's personality: alone in
      the light. Or not so alone. She had heard of some other hunters there, the hunt of the werewolf was about to begin. And
      Daenerys knew exactly what that meant. The light felt the kitchen belonged completely to its domains, but as Dany strode
      into the kitchen, it seemed to fade away. Probably under the clouds that surrounded her thoughts. Her eyebrows formed
      a "v" in the middle of her pale forehead. Frowning made her older, and less beautiful. She wasn't a show off, but even her
      not very feminine outfit seemed to look good on her. She was dressed all black: black boots, black cargo pants and black
      wristbands, but a grey cotton t-shirt. A black jacket rested on a white chair, not far away from the mug. You could almost
      see, if you stared at it long enough and you knew where to look, the word "hale", which had been replaced by another one:
      "knox". A plate stitched to the jacket's chest with the name "night" was enough for all hunters to know who she was, or
      to identify her body.

Dany got the mug and held it between her hands, feeling its warmth run through her body. Her father had been a hunter
      too, and then a soldier. The only thing she had gotten from him? Scars and that jacket she kept wearing every time she
      was gone for weeks, hunting everything that moved. Up the mountains, down the lakes and all across the plains, Dany
      had never liked to give up on her preys. Her father had always liked tea better than coffee; there was always a mug of
      Earl Grey ready on the table every morning. She had always disliked tea, but she used to grab the mug, which was bigger
      than her hands, and sniff until the very bit of her body and soul was bathed on the deep aroma of that typical British tea.
      Between her hands, now bigger than the cup, she had now coffee, with two sugar cubes and half a cup of low-fat milk. The
      rest of the day, Dany could only drink water or her own Coke: no fat, no caffeine and opened more than two hours ago, so
      it had no gas. Caffeine could make her hands shake, and fail. That was a risk she wouldn't take. Drinking all the mug in just
      one swallow. Leaving the mug empty by the washer and cleaning her mouth with the back of her hand, Dany went out, grabbing
      her jacket on her way out. Closing the door carefully and leaving her keys on her pocket, Daenerys Knox Hale, the new girl,
      was about to take her first walk as a resident.

x doubting
    x dungeons
      x will+caius+erin+lelia

HELLION KNOX O'CALLAHAN
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hellion sighed and ran his hands through his hair, he didn’t even know if he was nervous, excited, sad or just nostalgic, missing his home. He wasn’t really missing his home, the commodities he used to have there; he missed having to take care of his old, drunk father. How would he be doing? Hellion had left an assistant to take care of him, but he wasn’t sure an assistant would have the patience a son had. Would he have to go back to Los Angeles? Hogwarts was alright, the other guys from Slytherin were very…interesting, they had helped him through the school, and he know he would regret leaving the magic studies and going back to a normal school with normal kids who knew nothing about this world, or if they knew they didn’t believe any word of what they have been told.

Suddenly, he heard them. The steps echoed in the dungeons, in every part of the wall, it was impossible not to hear them, unless you were inside the Slytherin common room having food fights or comparing your grades and properties with other students. But they passed Slytherin’s common room door, and Hellion started to wonder who this people were. And their steps were getting closer and closer to him, to his corner. Maybe they were from Slytherin, and they were just looking for him. He had missed the sorting and the dinner, as well as the presentations and the introductions to the new students, but that wasn’t enough reason for them to look for him, was it?

They were now three or four steps away from him and discovering his corner. And now they were turning and…he faced a Ravenclaw student. What were they doing there? It was late in the night; they were supposed to be in their rooms. They were coming from the Ravenclaw’s common room, so they were going to another common room: Hufflepuff’s or Gryffindor’s. And Hellion had learned to hate Gryffindor, though Hufflepuff was acceptable. Two boys and one girl. The first one stopped in front of him, surprised. Obviously, he wasn’t expecting a Slytherin student in front of him, as neither Hellion was expecting three Ravenclaw students to assault him in the middle of the night. “Good evening”, “Evening” both boys greeted him. But the girl remained silent. “This are late hours to come to Slytherin dungeons, aren't them, Ravenclaw students?” Hellion said looking at William, but turning then to Caius. He remembered someone like him, but couldn't remember who he was-.

reapplying since it's been a while since my newbie stopped messaging me
paint my spirit___ ↷ ↷ GOLD

██████████████████████ ██████████████████████

welcome to light.'s world. feel free to call me thunder, thunda, danger, killjoy or just light.
i'm mostly interested in roleplaying, from semi-literate to literate level, groups or 1x1.

i'm mostly interested in roleplaying, from semi-literate to literate level, groups or 1x1.
i love music, from the beatles and queen to my chemical romance, blink 182, sum 41...
my favorite sport is volleyball, and i love horse riding, swimming and dancing too.

roleplays at the moment; deffs's group - light's group - moose's 1x1 - cog's 1x1

my tumblr

_____some people i consider ... special ;;

fia pie tj deffs moose merc rosie cogs mounty chessie iri giz

and many people i'm surely missing and many people i'll surely meet

██████████████████████ ██████████████████████

so take my ___ FLESH
light.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kioliona » Sun May 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Username: Kioliona
What areas do you want explained?: The BB codes and Oekaki Please
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: Just english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: It was an add i saw on a site (:
What do you like best so far?: The really cute animals!!
Any questions?: What's is the Archive?
Kioliona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiyorin » Sun May 19, 2013 12:14 pm

hello i message Fat Unicorn regarding this but they aren't replying so I'll post it here:

I sent my newbie, live laugh tigers, an introduction pm asking them if they needed help, but they haven't replied. i know they have looked at the PM (it's no longer in my outbox) and I've even seen them online but they still aren't replying. Will I be assigned a different newbie?
hiyorin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Sun May 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Kioliona wrote:Any questions?: What's is the Archive?

Hello Kioliona C:

The Archive is the page in Chicken Smoothie that keeps record of all the monthly pet releases as well as all the irregular item releases that there have been on the site since it was opened. On CS new pets are released on a monthly basis and the archive serves to keep track of these releases and can be used by members to check on pets that have been released in the past. It also lets you know which pets you do or do not own, and through the archives you can also add pets to your wish-list.

If you have any more questions on how to use the archives or anything else feel free to PM me until you're assigned an adopter who can help guide you through the site :3
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Sun May 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Questions/Misc

berry donuts wrote:hello i message Fat Unicorn regarding this but they aren't replying so I'll post it here:

I sent my newbie, live laugh tigers, an introduction pm asking them if they needed help, but they haven't replied. i know they have looked at the PM (it's no longer in my outbox) and I've even seen them online but they still aren't replying. Will I be assigned a different newbie?

I was unable to reply to some of my PMs last night and today, mainly because I was sick and I was restricted to a iPod touch that kept exiting the Safari application. I apologize for the wait, and I have now replied to your PM. ^_^

Newbies

ᏝᎧᏤᏋ wrote:Username: ᏝᎧᏤᏋ  
What areas do you want explained?: How to trade fairly and to get people to like your posts, what you do with a fursona when you win one
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: no but i do some other languages
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend told me about it 
What do you like best so far?: How the pets grow and what they like when they grow up
Any questions?: I'm sorta kinda maybe a newbie, i just wanted some help with the game because im not really good at it. Wondering if im still allowed to be adopted?

Kioliona wrote:Username: Kioliona
What areas do you want explained?: The BB codes and Oekaki Please
Do you speak another language, and if so which one?: Just english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: It was an add i saw on a site (:
What do you like best so far?: The really cute animals!! 
Any questions?: What's is the Archive?

Welcome to Chickensmoothie Love and Kiolina! ^_^
Love, your adopter will be Scorpius Malfoy.
Kiolina, your adopter will be Livid Coffee.

They will contact you as soon as they receive their notification about your adoption, and will hopefully be able to help you out with all your questions. 

If they don't contact  you in a timely manner [that is, a week] or there are other problems you have with them [you don't understand their explanations, they're being rude, anything like that], you can tell us, and if you want, we'll assign you a new adopter. Simply shoot any of the staff a PM or post here, we'll help you as fast as we can ;3
>> noleah, Pandah., Hoof, Lord Amazilion, or me.

For the time being, you may want to check out some of these links:

Or some of the various guides that you can find here.

Adopters

iced tea;; wrote:Username:
iced tea;;

Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
Because I have been on the site for almost 2 years and I have adopted a newbie before maybe last October or something and I still keep in good contact with my newbie that I showed around c: He/she (I never got to know my newbie's gender >.<) now uses the site like I do.

How often do you get on CS?:
Everyday.

Which categories would you like to apply for?: 
Forum, BB Code, Trading & Pets and Role-playing.

How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: 
Almost all day. Since I am home-schooled I usually check on CS while I'm doing my schoolwork.

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: 
I promise! Now I wouldn't be applying if I won't be helpful now will I? Heehee.

Role-Playing Sample:

Millie walked through the park with her messy red hair hanging past her shoulders. Her muscles ached from the work-out she had done the night before but she had decided to take a leisurely stroll through Central Park to take her mind off a few 'personal issues'.
 The park used to be enjoyable before a certain worldwide terror had struck the heart of New York and was now running ravid through the avenues and alleys- most of the people she knew were dead or hiding away in the subways but she had decided not to cower away from the situation that was literally eating away her family... She could feel the knife that she had strapped onto her leg prick her as she walked but it was better safe than sorry when carrying a weapon; she would need her knife.
 As she reached the end of the path she was walking on that led out onto a paved sidewalk, Millie grasped the handle of her knife with sweaty palms and withdrew it from the strap, she heard lifeless moans and a few startled screams a few blocks away and she knew she'd have to kill whatever was coming.
 Anyway- she was living in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

♡ ♰ ♥

Accepted. :3

*~WolfHowler~* wrote:   Username:*~WolfHowler~*
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:I've been on this game for about a year and a half and I love to help( ^_^')
How often do you get on CS?:Almost everyday
Which categories would you like to apply for?:Pretty much anything
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:Almost all day
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:OF COURSE!!!  

Please reread the Underage Adopters quote in the Adopters section.

light. wrote:
light. wrote:
username:
light.

why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
well, i really like to be useful, to interact with other members and to help. i usually check the "help and suggestions" forum to solve doubts, etc.

how often do you get on CS?:
everyday xD i'm addicted to cs, so i get on everyday and try to check my messages and answer them

which categories would you like to apply for?:
-roleplaying; i consider myself a semi-literate+ roleplayer, and i'm a part of the semi-literate club, a place to discuss and create new roleplays, characters, discuss and develope your ideas. i have experience with one-on-one's [i'm planning one atm], with fantasy and realistic roleplays even if they're not literate and know many rpers. i can help the newbie to get familiar with the different types of roleplays, how to create a form, how to code your character's post, where to find pics, etc. And there's also the Iliterate to literate school though c; here are some examples:

-bb code; i'm trying to create a coding shop myself, selling forum coding, form coding, post coding, etc. everyday i try to learn new things about fixing images, making them transparent or different ways to insert links

-general knowledge; i think i know basic things a newbie should know [bookmarking, subscribing, signature, trade rules] and what goes on each forum, what's the difference between them, the meaning of terms as "paperclipping", "ninja trading", "scamming", so i think i'd be helpful here too c:

-forums; i've posted on different forums, i know the right section to post something and the different places to rant, discuss or be a part of a group. i have more than 500 post [more than 3000 at the moment] and i believe i'd be helpful in this category too.

-trading and pets; i used to be an active trader, and i know the basics to start a trade, where you have to add your pets, the different ways of doing it, etc. 

also, i speak spanish very fluently, understand portuguese and french [je parle un petit peut le français, parce qu'il semble á une des langues de mon pays]

how long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?:
monday, wednesday and friday about 3 hours; tuesday and thursday 4 or so. however, messages arrive to my phone now, which is always on, so i'll be able to solve doubts very quickly. during the weekends, i usually leave every saturday, but i'm always back on sunday

do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
yes, even if the newbie is not being respectful, manners are the last thing you can lose

here are some examples of my posts; the first one is an intro post and the second one a response

light. wrote:
DAENERYS KNOX HALE

{ mood - sleepy } { where - kitchen } { tagged - none }

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The kitchen seemed awfully normal: white tiles, white walls, white furniture. So many white things for such a dark person.
      Just a black  cup in the middle of the kitchen table, the only thing that really belonged to the owner of the house. Such 
      a light decoration wouldn't fit the owner, but she was new there. Only that cup represented Dany's personality: alone in 
      the light. Or not so alone. She had heard of some other hunters there, the hunt of the werewolf was about to begin. And 
      Daenerys knew exactly what that meant. The light felt the kitchen belonged completely to its domains, but as Dany strode 
      into the kitchen, it seemed to fade away. Probably under the clouds that surrounded her thoughts. Her eyebrows formed 
      a "v" in the middle of her pale forehead. Frowning made her older, and less beautiful. She wasn't a show off, but even her 
      not very feminine outfit seemed to look good on her. She was dressed all black: black boots, black cargo pants and black 
      wristbands, but a grey cotton t-shirt. A black jacket rested on a white chair, not far away from the mug. You could almost 
      see, if you stared at it long enough and you knew where to look, the word "hale", which had been replaced by another one: 
      "knox". A plate stitched to the jacket's chest with the name "night" was enough for all hunters to know who she was, or 
      to identify her body.

Dany got the mug and held it between her hands, feeling its warmth run through her body. Her father had been a hunter
      too, and then a soldier. The only thing she had gotten from him? Scars and that jacket she kept wearing every time she
      was gone for weeks, hunting everything that moved. Up the mountains, down the lakes and all across the plains, Dany
      had never liked to give up on her preys. Her father had always liked tea better than coffee; there was always a mug of
      Earl Grey ready on the table every morning. She had always disliked tea, but she used to grab the mug, which was bigger
      than her hands, and sniff until the very bit of her body and soul was bathed on the deep aroma of that typical British tea. 
      Between her hands, now bigger than the cup, she had now coffee, with two sugar cubes and half a cup of low-fat milk. The
      rest of the day, Dany could only drink water or her own Coke: no fat, no caffeine and opened more than two hours ago, so 
      it had no gas. Caffeine could make her hands shake, and fail. That was a risk she wouldn't take. Drinking all the mug in just
      one swallow. Leaving the mug empty by the washer and cleaning her mouth with the back of her hand, Dany went out, grabbing
      her jacket on her way out. Closing the door carefully and leaving her keys on her pocket, Daenerys Knox Hale, the new girl, 
      was about to take her first walk as a resident.

x doubting
    x dungeons
      x will+caius+erin+lelia

HELLION KNOX O'CALLAHAN
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hellion sighed and ran his hands through his hair, he didn’t even know if he was nervous, excited, sad or just nostalgic, missing his home. He wasn’t really missing his home, the commodities he used to have there; he missed having to take care of his old, drunk father. How would he be doing? Hellion had left an assistant to take care of him, but he wasn’t sure an assistant would have the patience a son had. Would he have to go back to Los Angeles? Hogwarts was alright, the other guys from Slytherin were very…interesting, they had helped him through the school, and he know he would regret leaving the magic studies and going back to a normal school with normal kids who knew nothing about this world, or if they knew they didn’t believe any word of what they have been told. 

Suddenly, he heard them. The steps echoed in the dungeons, in every part of the wall, it was impossible not to hear them, unless you were inside the Slytherin common room having food fights or comparing your grades and properties with other students. But they passed Slytherin’s common room door, and Hellion started to wonder who this people were. And their steps were getting closer and closer to him, to his corner. Maybe they were from Slytherin, and they were just looking for him. He had missed the sorting and the dinner, as well as the presentations and the introductions to the new students, but that wasn’t enough reason for them to look for him, was it?

They were now three or four steps away from him and discovering his corner. And now they were turning and…he faced a Ravenclaw student. What were they doing there? It was late in the night; they were supposed to be in their rooms. They were coming from the Ravenclaw’s common room, so they were going to another common room: Hufflepuff’s or Gryffindor’s. And Hellion had learned to hate Gryffindor, though Hufflepuff was acceptable. Two boys and one girl. The first one stopped in front of him, surprised. Obviously, he wasn’t expecting a Slytherin student in front of him, as neither Hellion was expecting three Ravenclaw students to assault him in the middle of the night. “Good evening”, “Evening” both boys greeted him. But the girl remained silent. “This are late hours to come to Slytherin dungeons, aren't them, Ravenclaw students?” Hellion said looking at William, but turning then to Caius. He remembered someone like him, but couldn't remember who he was-.

reapplying since it's been a while since my newbie stopped messaging me

Accepted. :)
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thecardinal » Mon May 20, 2013 5:32 am

Username: .:WolfFang737:.
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I have been on CS quite awhile now, And I believe I am ready to take on the job of being a mentor to help out the people who may not know who CS works.
How often do you get on CS?: It depends on what I am doing. During the weekdays I am on at 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm. (Eastern Time Zone). On weekends it can be totally random. I am on for most of the day.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: Roleplaying would be nice
How long do you typically spend on CS each day you get on?: In one sitting I can be on for 5 minutes to an hour, (I really like CS.) But for a whole day, Perhaps 2-5 hours.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yeppers! :3

.:WolfFang737:. wrote:[center](Thanks for Recap)

Cloud somehow, Heard his voice from afar. The Endportal. His mind whirled with thoughts. He darted through the trees, Straining to hear the voices again. He needed to go there. He needed to help. Maybe even stop them. The branches went past him quickly as he kept sprinting. His hunger when down with every step he took. Cloud needed a rest and fast. He leaned against a tree and opened his pack, bringing out some cooked pork. He devoured it swiftly and it brought up his hunger the slightest bit.

He continued on, slower, Taking his time. Cloud was seriously lost. Where were the strangers he heard before? He was about to lean against another tree when a spider leaped down from a tree and landed on him, sinking it's fangs deep into his flesh. Cloud fell to the ground in pain and thrashed his sword at the spider, knocking it away. Cloud scrambled up, aiming his bow and shooting the spider, killing it. Cloud panted, His health was low. He checked his pack, No golden apples... No health potions... How was he to survive?

Cloud cleaned his sword in the grass silently. He strained to hear the voices. Nothing. Nothing but the breeze. Cloud brushed his hair out of his face again and his teal eyes started to grow white in frustration. He slammed his fist against the tree he had been leaning on, removing one of the wood blocks. Cloud breathed, Trying to calm down his anger that kept boiling. He then noticed his sword was about to break because of the strength of the mobs. What was happening?...

[/center]
CARDINAL ┼ COPIA
nate. he/him or they/them

hello! i love listening to ghost, and
other metal bands. i like to play games
in my free time. ask me for contact info
feel free to send a trade or chat with me!

"I am all eyes, I am all ears, I am the wall
And I'm watching you fall, because faith is mine!"

FAITH by GHOST
thecardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me