Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie [update for adopters pg.126]

Postby serl » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:32 pm

Username: serl
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): just english atm </3
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: i've helped people before, usually answering minor questions in cs-related discord servers. i'm sure i have done more but it's been years so i don't remember everything ;o; i gift people once in a while too!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i love helping people! i understand the site may be overwhelming at first, especially with the amount of pets, and i'd hate to see newbies driven away by that feeling >:o i want to help someone the best i can !! yes, i have been on hiatus for nearly 5 years! but i still know my way around the site, as i've been a member since 2013!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i'm usually on for a few hours every day!
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course <3
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:46 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lostmythos » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:39 pm

Username: lostmythos
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: english, but i can also speak chinese somewhat
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: through someone's profile on a different site! i saw that the link was to chickensmoothie.com and thought "there's no way that's an actual site..." and yet here we are haha
What do you like best so far?: the art, the admins and variety of pets!
Any questions?: not yet!
lostmythos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roundedseal » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:02 pm

Username: honkscape
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: through a friend's server
What do you like best so far?: seeing the pets i adopted grow up :)
Any questions?: nah. i do hope to get assistance in how the site works though!
roundedseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Riley ♥ » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:20 pm

Username: Riley ♥
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): French
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I help a lot on the fair trade thread! x x x
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have over a decade of experience on the site, and can help with oekaki and closed species questions, as well as general questions about how the site and adopts (both official and player-made) work. I also have lots of experience trading high-value pets and can help users identify what they have so that they don't accidentally trade away something valuable.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on every day, and I always have it open and I'm constantly refreshing the page while I'm drawing and playing video games on the other monitor
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, of course :)
there was an image here but discord broke, please stand by

☆ riley ❤ she/her ❤ adult ☆
art shopart gallery
☆ artist for goobies
castkitty

design tos
toyhouse
oekaki

Riley ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSable » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:16 am

SilverSable wrote:Username: Sable22
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English, but want to learn Hangul/Korean.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Found it from a friend on Lioden.
What do you like best so far?: I love all the pets and varieties there are. Events are pretty cool so far. I started working on a google spreadsheet of all the horses, ponies, drafts, zebras with their litter names and individual names.
Any questions?: Whats the best C$ worth sheet for pets? I've seen very different ones, I don't want to be cheated from pets or C$ because I don't understand what everything is worth yet.

I'm so sorry to whoever was assigned to me! I accidentally deleted your message to me when I deleted all my trade messages. Could you send me a new pm? Thank you so much!
Dream Pets - Zodiac Dogs

I love Cows, Chickens and all things Equine!! Also any exotic type pets like alpacas and big cats

✧ Pro 🏳️‍🌈+ ✧ Pro animal welfare ✧ K-Pop ✧ LOTR/Hobbit ✧ Marvel ✧ HP ✧ Haikyuu ✧
✧ She/Her ✧ INFP-T ✧ Taurus ✧ Had Cancer 🎗 ✧ ADHD ✧ ASD ✧ Ally ✧
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverSable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:24 am

SilverSable wrote:
SilverSable wrote:Username: Sable22
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English, but want to learn Hangul/Korean.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Found it from a friend on Lioden.
What do you like best so far?: I love all the pets and varieties there are. Events are pretty cool so far. I started working on a google spreadsheet of all the horses, ponies, drafts, zebras with their litter names and individual names.
Any questions?: Whats the best C$ worth sheet for pets? I've seen very different ones, I don't want to be cheated from pets or C$ because I don't understand what everything is worth yet.

I'm so sorry to whoever was assigned to me! I accidentally deleted your message to me when I deleted all my trade messages. Could you send me a new pm? Thank you so much!

Looks like you were assigned to fink: Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=652764
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greyfire » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:29 am

Username: Greyfire
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None yet :(
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I can't find links or can't exactly provide links to them. I have helped out newbies through trades or via PMs, usually by helping them understand basic fair trades which sometimes leads to them continuing to message me through PMs for a future helping hand!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I love helping people and I feel like I would be a great help to a newbie. I remember when I joined I was super confused on how the site worked and about all the different sections in the forums. I wish I would have known something like this existed! I want to be able to provide some relief to the sometimes confusing and frustrating times you can experience as a newbie!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am usually on every morning and every night. Occasionally, I am online during the afternoon times as well if my days are free. Normally, I am online for a few hours at a time. I'd estimate at least 7 hours a day.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Absolutely!

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!!
Greyfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby komkommer. » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:17 am

Username: komkommer.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Dutch
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I helped my brother understand the game, but he wasn't on this topic.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have played CS quite some time now, and I love interacting with other players. I remember that when I joined, I had a friend showing me around. After some months I took a break and when I came back I was a little overwhelmed by all the options I had forgotten about. RN I am getting more active on here and I realised I actually understand most of the game (everything except complicated rarities (like 0.5, MA and those stuff)). Since I love helping other people and communicating, I figured I would apply here to help some new players! I hope I will be able to help them becoming a real CS pro!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am everyday online for at least 15 minutes. I have summer break now and because of that I am online around 5 hours a day, and when I have to get back to school I think this will reduce to around 1/2 hours a day (i log in every morning, afternoon and night so i can check on PM's and trades).
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Ofc!
i live by dreams--
komkommer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RDenis77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:16 pm

Hello. I am new and looking to be adopted :)
RDenis77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me