Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby PicklesRickles » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:45 am

Username: lil_minnie_monster

If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: a friend told me about this website!

What do you like best so far?: I really like all the animals that you can adopt! I am a huge animal lover and being able to adopt and name the pets make me so happy!

Any questions?: I have never used a forums website before, how do I put a signature on my profile? How do I navigate forums to find a friend? I am unsure of how to the rarity system works, I have traded only one time and I'm afraid of under trading for a pet and upsetting someone.
PicklesRickles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mothmun » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:26 pm

Username: mothmun
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): n/a
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: i've responded to intros a few times, but not recently! i did have a thread dedicated to doing giveaways/gifts especially for newbies that can be found here, although it's currently on hiatus and... doesn't actually have any information ;0;
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I love this site and it's community so much, and would love the opportunity to contribute more to it. i love getting to talk about things and games i'm interested in, CS included, and i'm pretty good at teaching and explaining things─and as much as i love CS, i think it can be super overwhelming, and a lot of the more community run aspects like trading pets, shops, etc are even more confusing without help. i'd like to think i'm pretty fluent in most aspects of the site, though, at least on a casual basis, so getting the opportunity to walk other people through something that i love engaging in would be awesome!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: typically i'm online daily, for at least a half an hour/hour; oftentimes i end up on much longer than that.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course!

completed hamster collection (dwarf and syrian!) 11/10/23 <3
mothmun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cheezit45 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:07 am

Username: Cheezit45
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is my first language
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: It was recommended by someone from a different browser game, Flight Rising
What do you like best so far?: I love the different designs of all the pets I’ve seen so far! And also from the looks I’ve done at the forums, the community here seems really nice!
Any questions?: What’s a good number of the monthly pets to adopt? How does adopting from the pound or taking from the lost and found work? What does Oekaki mean?
Cheezit45

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Costxllo » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:10 am

Username: Costxllo
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I don't remember, it was a long time ago. Probably one of my friends mentioned it and I joined.
What do you like best so far?: I think just collecting pets.
Any questions?: Nothing that comes to mind.
Costxllo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:18 pm

Cheezit45 wrote:Username: Cheezit45
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is my first language
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: It was recommended by someone from a different browser game, Flight Rising
What do you like best so far?: I love the different designs of all the pets I’ve seen so far! And also from the looks I’ve done at the forums, the community here seems really nice!
Any questions?: What’s a good number of the monthly pets to adopt? How does adopting from the pound or taking from the lost and found work? What does Oekaki mean?

Welcome to the site! Here are some answers to your questions while you wait for your assignment:

What's a good number of the monthly pets to adopt?: The max! At the middle of the next month, those pets will be assigned their rarities, and you can start using them to trade with other users for pets you either missed, or older pets that you might be interested in. A lot of litters have quite a few different outcomes in them, so it's always the best bet to adopt as many as you can so that you have a higher chance of obtaining all the outcomes.

How does adopting from the pound or taking from the lost and found work?: Think of the pound and the lost and found as two really really large boxes with a ton of stuff in them. Every about 6ish hours, the server rolls to decide if its going to be a pound opening or a lost and found opening. Its then determines when it will open for players to get stuff. Then, once all of that is decided, it pulls about 2k pets or items (depending on what opening) into a separate group. You can actually see this with pets when the pound is going to open! The Pound account will have all the pets that will be available at the next opening in a smaller group, which we users can actually see (This account). Then, the countdown begins, going in intervals of hours, then minutes, then seconds as it gets closer to opening time. When that timer reaches zero, the pound or lost and found open for every user on the site, and they can then take one pet or item of their choosing. Once you get one though, you'll have to wait 3 hours before adopting from either again. This is in place to ensure that no user gets more than one pet or item per opening. Once all pets or items are given out to players, the pound or lost and found closes and the whole process repeats again!

What does Oekaki mean?: Basically, its this answer over on our FAQ: ""Oekaki" is a Japanese word meaning to draw or scribble. On our Oekaki board, you can use our drawing tools on the forums to create a drawing and post it for other people to see and comment on." Its just a separate forum that users can use to draw on using our Chicken Paint software! Posts over there can showcase art made on the site to other users, and allow people to comment on it like I am right now! Because of how expansive our Oekaki forums are, they have their own dedicated place on the site, as well as its own dedicated mods! (You won't see a Global mod over there much, but instead our counterparts Oekaki mods, or O Mods as we call them!) It's a great place where you can see what other people are drawing in the moment, and create your own art either for fun or to get some tips and tricks from other users.

I hope these answers help you a little bit! Enjoy the site!!

PicklesRickles wrote:Username: lil_minnie_monster

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: a friend told me about this website!

What do you like best so far?: I really like all the animals that you can adopt! I am a huge animal lover and being able to adopt and name the pets make me so happy!

Any questions?: I have never used a forums website before, how do I put a signature on my profile? How do I navigate forums to find a friend? I am unsure of how to the rarity system works, I have traded only one time and I'm afraid of under trading for a pet and upsetting someone.

Hello hello! Here are some answers for ya to hopefully help you out (sorry Im a bit late haha!)

I have never used a forums website before, how do I put a signature on my profile?: Heres a step by step for you! (this is all assuming you're on desktop, if you're on mobile this may be a bit different)
1) Look at the top of your screen. There should be two bars up there under the banner art. On the second row, underneath home, you'll click on "My Account"
2) From there it will take you to what is basically your settings for the site. You should be seeing the important announcements right now. There should also be a few tab looking things, with the first one being Overview (you should be on that one right now). You're going to want to click on the 3rd one, "Profile".
3) Once again, another page. However this is formatted in the same way as the one in step 2. Look at the left part of your screen. There, there should be 3 little rectangular tabs. You'll want to click the second one, "Edit signature".
4) voila you're there! The text box that pops up is where you'll put what ever you'd like (appropriate for the site of course) that you'd like to be displayed as your signature. We use BBCode here on CS, which is like HTML but a bit simpler. There are a few guides on the site that can help you formate everything, but here's one I recommend: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3517090 . If you need any more help on it, a bunch of users would be happy to help you over on our help forum Just make a post and someone will give you a hand!

How do I navigate forums to find a friend?: CS has a lot of users which can be a bit overwhelming at times, but there are two places you can look to find someone to talk to! Number 1 would be the Online users list, which is located at the very bottom of the forums (Just click the large forums button and scroll all the way down). These are people who are playing right now who you might be able to talk to! Though this can be a bit overwhelming, so you can also look over in General Discussion. Here, people are talking about anything and everything, and its easy to find a thread that's talking about something that you're interested in. See someone interested in the same TV show as you? Shoot them a pm and strike up a conversation!! We're all just people after all, and I know you'll find someone who meshes just right with you!

I am unsure of how to the rarity system works, I have traded only one time and I'm afraid of under trading for a pet and upsetting someone.: Now, this one is a bit tough because our rarity system just recently got a hugeeee update. But don't worry, there are a ton of guides that can help you out! First and foremost here are a lit of the "essential" guides to trading with other users:
Horrors Guide to Trading Every pet on CS: This is a great resource when trading higher value pets, like Extremely rares and above. Here you can also check to see if a pet has a high demand which may cause its price to fluctuate.
DaDwarf's How Much is this Pet Worth: A great place to post your pet, or search for a post already containing your pet, to see what its currently going for!
And most important,
AquilaFuga's Is This Trade Fair: Say you've gotten a trade from someone, or are about to send one out, but you arent quite sure if its fair? Here, you can post your trade link and other users who may be more experienced with trading can take a look at it and give you some advice. It can be any type of trade too! Whether it be a bunch of very commons or an OMGSR! They'll help you determine if the trade is fair.

Sorry that these explanations are a bit long, but I do hope that they help you at least a bit in finding what you're looking for! Enjoy the site, we're glad to have you!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northwolvespets » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:01 am

Username: northwolvespets
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: english :)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: in 2017, instagram.
What do you like best so far?: the cute pets and the community.
Any questions?: not questions but info ab me: I've been on chicken smoothie since 2017 but lost my account in 2019. I was never really 'super active' on the site and just recently got my account back. I have a lot of pets, even store bought pets, but I still dont understand a lot about chicken smoothie/ the website as a whole and would love to know more after being away for so long. Thanks :)
northwolvespets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:01 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sporksalot » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:35 pm

Username: sporksalot
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: i had a friend recommend it to me, and i've seen it mentioned before on other pet adoption websites like flightrising!
What do you like best so far?: i love the huge variety of pets!! i'm really excited that all of my favorite animals are on here and how many bug pets there are :V
Any questions?: in some threads i've posted in theres a little fire symbol next to them under 'my posts'. what does that mean?
oh, also! where do i go to add pets to my wishlist? ive just seen there are dinosaurs and i have to find them to add *-*
sporksalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Voltaradragoness » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:19 pm

Username: Voltaradragoness
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Couple of friends brought it up in Discord and it looked fun!
What do you like best so far?: I love the pet designs and I'm already attached to some.
Any questions?: It's been a while since I've used a forum site and mainly just wanna know the best and fairest way to trade pets. I'd love to get some of the ones on my wishlist. (It's a WIP, bear with me.)
Voltaradragoness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boydivision » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:15 am

Username: boydivision
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: english is my. only language lmao
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: ive been online in furry spaces for a while, and i play a looot of neopets so theres. a lot of overlap w those communities. ive heard the name thrown around for years and finally decided to check the site out :33
What do you like best so far?: this site just feels very nostalgic. i get the vibe it hasnt changed a whole lot over the years. and the character designs are so fun
Any questions?: so so many
boydivision

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me