Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:36 pm

sporksalot wrote:Username: sporksalot
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: i had a friend recommend it to me, and i've seen it mentioned before on other pet adoption websites like flightrising!
What do you like best so far?: i love the huge variety of pets!! i'm really excited that all of my favorite animals are on here and how many bug pets there are :V
Any questions?: in some threads i've posted in theres a little fire symbol next to them under 'my posts'. what does that mean?
oh, also! where do i go to add pets to my wishlist? ive just seen there are dinosaurs and i have to find them to add *-*

Heya, and welcome to the site! Here are some answers for ya:

in some threads i've posted in theres a little fire symbol next to them under 'my posts'. what does that mean?: Im gonna be real, I honestly have no idea! It might have something to do with how many users are seeing your post, but that's just a guess. Sorry I can't provide more info on that!

where do i go to add pets to my wishlist? ive just seen there are dinosaurs and i have to find them to add: So, at the very top of your screen (on desktop), there should be a bunch of buttons with names. You're gonna want to click "Archives" (you can also hover over it). This will bring you to our pet and/or item archives! When you see a pet you like and want to have, all you have to do is click the little "add to wishlist" star on the very right of the pet. To see whats on your WL, just click "My pet wishlist" under all the pet/item years. You can also change the archives to sort by specific species or artists, which can help you find the ones you'd like to WL!

Voltaradragoness wrote:Username: Voltaradragoness
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Couple of friends brought it up in Discord and it looked fun!
What do you like best so far?: I love the pet designs and I'm already attached to some.
Any questions?: It's been a while since I've used a forum site and mainly just wanna know the best and fairest way to trade pets. I'd love to get some of the ones on my wishlist. (It's a WIP, bear with me.)

Welcome on! Here are some answers for you!

mainly just wanna know the best and fairest way to trade pets: The best way to trade fairly is to be careful when you're still learning pet and item values. Theres a ton of threads that you can post in to ask or check for values, but I recommend starting with just 1:1 trades, as they're pretty easy. This means, if someone has a 2018 uncommon you want, you'd offer them a different 2018 uncommon. Once you get more comfortable with trading in general, then its time to do some math! This post by Horror is what almost all users use to calculate trade values, and its a great reference for larger trades: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4899188

You can also post in some threads to find more info, here's the best ones I know of:
"What is this pet worth?": Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4829408
"Is this trade fair?" Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4914127
"How much c$ is this pet worth?" Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4918751

There are also a lot of unofficial discords that provide trading advice, though I don't know the specifics of those. When in doubt about a trade, ask for help! A lot of users want to help, and will give you the advice you need to trade fair, so don't be afraid to reach out!

I hope these answers help both of you, and have fun on the site!!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boolif » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:32 am

boolif wrote:Username: boolif
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: yes, i have also helped friends join the site but i dont have any links, here are the links i do have: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4873607&start=6840#p143215499 , Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4873607&start=6900#p143222963 , Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4873607&start=6840#p143215427
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I would love to help people around a site i care about. I have a pretty good grasp of everything on the website including the oekaki, roleplay forums, most trades, art shops, and just the normal forums. When i explain something i do it very thoroughly, this stems from people trying to explain things to me but not having enough detail for me to understand (not just from this site but in general throughout my life). I am NOT good at the coding aspect of the website besides the absolute bare bones basics that you can see the options for.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: every day, on weekends im on almost the full day on and off. On week days im usually on consistently after 3pm, but i will usually check the site through out the day when possible
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: ofcourse!

My newbie never responded so I’m reapplying :]
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
boolif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BubbleGuppiePuppie » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Hello, I just joined, I'm a English speaker and I'm sure I got the hang of the site, just don't know why it won't let me send messages with trades
BubbleGuppiePuppie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:47 am

BubbleGuppiePuppie wrote:Hello, I just joined, I'm a English speaker and I'm sure I got the hang of the site, just don't know why it won't let me send messages with trades

When users first register, they are added to a 'Newly Registered Users' group which has limited posting and messaging abilities. This is to prevent spammers from posting adverts or inappropriate material in the forum.

To become a full member, you need to make a post in the forum and wait for it to be approved by a moderator or admin. Once it has been approved you will become a regular member and will be able to PM and send trade messages. Future posts won't require post approval.

Now that you have a post, you should be able to send messages now!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IceBee » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:53 pm

Username: IceBee
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: goatlings since so many cross-trade, so it made me curious!
What do you like best so far?: butterfly wolves! i love my two pps ones <]:oD
Any questions?: many but more economy questions since i dont understand it

Join us at LTCS! The Princess awaits your arrival
IceBee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mnou » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:01 am

mnou wrote:username: mnou
languages that you are fluent in (besides english): french
have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? if so, please link to the post/s: i have! here are some recent ones:
one
two
three
why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i have been on this website for 7ish years and have a solid understanding of the functions of the site including rarity values, trading, forums, and oekaki!
how often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i am on every day or so for a couple hours
did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes i did!
do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course. i hope i can be of assistance!

hi! after a couple of weeks, i never heard back from my newbie!
english/français

currently obsessed with:
'DARE' by gorillaz (again)
'cowboy' by tyler, the creator

₊˚⊹⋆ ˚。𝄞𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ 𓈈⭒♬ ゚.˚。⋆
Image Image
mnou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Killian Michaels » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:42 am

Username: Killian Michaels
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is my only language :)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I'm a returning user! I haven't been on here since.. 2019 I think it was? I only remember how to adopt pets and I'm not sure I did much else when I was on here years ago haha
What do you like best so far?: All the different pets and designs! I absolutely LOVE the lions :D
Any questions?: How long does it take for pets to say their rarity?
Killian Michaels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:19 pm

Killian Michaels wrote:
Username: Killian Michaels
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is my only language :)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I'm a returning user! I haven't been on here since.. 2019 I think it was? I only remember how to adopt pets and I'm not sure I did much else when I was on here years ago haha
What do you like best so far?: All the different pets and designs! I absolutely LOVE the lions :D
Any questions?: How long does it take for pets to say their rarity?

Welcome to CS! Heres an answer to your question:

How long does it take for pets to say their rarity?: Pets will gain their rarity at the middle of the month after they were adopted. So say you adopted a pet this month, they would gain their rarity somewhere between the 14th-16th of next month. This includes pets of all ages, regardless of whether they were adopted at the beginning of the month or the end of it. Hope this helps!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newbies

Postby Seji0402 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:08 am

Username: Seji0402
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Randomly
What do you like best so far?: The horses
Any questions?: Well i have tons of questions on how to use CS
Seji0402

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vixxy1221 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:50 am

username:
If you are not fluent in english, what is your preferred language?: English is my main language but I can speak in Russian also.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Through a Forum post in lioden!
What do you like best so far?: Pet designs, the horses mostly lol, and the event things
Any questions?: Uhh other than adopting pets how in the world does this work? :,)
Your Lovely Vixx<3
Vixxy1221

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me