Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Helpless » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:42 am

Username: Helpless
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have, but it was awhile go so I'm not sure if I'd still be able to find the posts. It was helping with rarities/trades and I've helped some people with questions about the site and navigating it.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I believe I've been active on CS long enough (4 years) and I'm quite active during the days, you can just check the forum games haha. I'd love to help other players explore this site I love so much. I think helping out new players could benefit the site and hopefully help them connect with others. I'd like to be honest about one thing though- and it's that I'm not too keen on Oekaki. I've made some art a few times, but I rarely participate in adopts, species, etc. If a newbie is interested in those things, I wouldn't recommend myself.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I check the site every day but I'm mostly active during the week days though as I like to take the weekend to do whatever. I can't say how long I remain on the site, as it can be from an hour to a few minutes (with intervals in between of a few minutes).
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I have!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course, that's what I'm here for after all ^^
h╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
h║ ✻ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ! ✻ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ. ✻

h

h
ɪ'ᴍ ᴏғᴛᴇɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ & ᴀғᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ!(ᴄsᴛ)
h

h
hhhhhhhh]✻ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ, ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴɪᴍᴇ! ✻
h╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
h

h

h

h

h

h

h

hhh"𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚢.. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎." -𝙱𝚊𝚗

hhhhhh*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✻ 𝙱𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎 ✻ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Helpless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slipknotmania » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:48 am

Username: Slipknotmania
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in English just dumb when it comes to wording my sentences since it's not my first language ^^
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I saw a cs dragon in a lioden player's bio and immediately got involved ha! (I'm a huge fan of browser sim games)
What do you like best so far?: Definitely the Halloween events!! And decorating my pets although it's difficult to get decor
Any questions?: I do have a lot of game and trading related questions but I'm mainly looking for some tips that I can't sniff out in the forums. Questions include
Rarities
Item trading
Oekaki
Ect
Have a great day! x)

ⵥ hi there~!
྿ adult
ⵥ married
྿ i love heavy metal,rock,the oldies and spiders! CURRENTLY MY OBSESSION IS STARS. I'M COLLECTING ANYTHING WITH STARS ON THEM ! !
ⵥ always open for a chat, balancing between my partner and work so quick responses aren't always my thing. I do apologise! Trading wise my trades don't rot ^°^
྿ south african.
slipknotmania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cranberriecurrant » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:08 am

Username: cranberriecurrant
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My fiance has been on this site for eleven years and only just talked me into joining! I was told that since I love a similar(ish) dragon-based web game, I would really enjoy CS :D so far I absolutely do!
What do you like best so far?: The creatures, for sure! I do love how gentle and kind most of the community that I've run into seems to be, and am excited to get more involved in forums. At heart I am a creature collector, however, and have a lot of love for my new little guys. I keep logging in to see if my first batch has done anything exciting yet (no, but I can dream).
Any questions?: Still just getting my bearings - not quite sure what I don't know yet. Mostly I just keep clicking things, and it's been a good couple of years since I last used forums extensively. Would love pointers for getting more involved!
cranberriecurrant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby optimusprime1701 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:55 am

Username: optimusprime1701
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: on another site
What do you like best so far?: the art work is fabulous
Any questions?: Nope
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
╔══════════════╗

words words words words words !!!

╚══════════════╝
DON'T
FORGET
TO
SMILE
┌────────────────┐
link 1 ✦ link 2 ✦ link 3 ✦ link 4 ✦ ©

└────────────────┘

ImageImage
optimusprime1701

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdmasks » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:05 am

Username: birdmasks
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A Google search for the best oekaki sites still active online.
What do you like best so far?: The pets are so cute! And the community seems really nice.
Any questions?: Probably, but I don't know what I don't know. ^^;
birdmasks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Duckie_ » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:10 am

Username: _Duckie_
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: watching my sister / dressing her pets
What do you like best so far?: Dressing pets up
Any questions?: I don't know how to get more and more pets, my sister has like...a lot, too many to count, i dont know how to reach to that level. i got some basic help from asking my sister but i dont want to keep bothering her over and over as she also not home a lot.
_Duckie_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chrysocolla88 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:48 pm

Username: chrysocolla88
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: heard about on dappervolk (another site)
What do you like best so far?: No idea, I just joined
Any questions?: How to earn money to buy items, etc?
chrysocolla88

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mnou » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:23 pm

username: mnou
languages that you are fluent in (besides english): french
have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? if so, please link to the post/s: i have! here are some recent ones:
one
two
three
why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i have been on this website for 7ish years and have a solid understanding of the functions of the site including rarity values, trading, forums, and oekaki!
how often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i am on every day or so for a couple hours
did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes i did!
do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course. i hope i can be of assistance!
english/français

currently obsessed with:
'DARE' by gorillaz (again)
'cowboy' by tyler, the creator

₊˚⊹⋆ ˚。𝄞𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ 𓈈⭒♬ ゚.˚。⋆
Image Image
mnou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maree » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:48 am

Username: maree
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: heard abt it through another pet site ^_^
What do you like best so far?: love the adorable designs and art <3
Any questions?: is there any way to earn money w/out spending? how do i start interacting w/ ppl n making friends? how should i go abt adopting? how does the rarity and worth of a pet work?
maree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:57 am

maree wrote:Username: maree
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: heard abt it through another pet site ^_^
What do you like best so far?: love the adorable designs and art <3
Any questions?: is there any way to earn money w/out spending? how do i start interacting w/ ppl n making friends? how should i go abt adopting? how does the rarity and worth of a pet work?

Hiya and welcome to the site! Here are some answers for ya that I hope can help!
"is there any way to earn money w/out spending?": There are a few ways! The main way people earn c$ is probably through events like Halloween or Easter, where there are tokens. A lot of users sell their tokens to get c$. You can also find some users who are willing to buy pets from you for certain pets. You can also find users who are willing to trade off site currency (Like FlightRising gems) for c$.
"how do i start interacting w/ ppl n making friends?": These forums are a great way to make friends! Over on the casual topics there are a lot of topics just about things people like, like book series or houseplants. You could also join one of our clubs and get to know people there! There is also a few discord servers that have a lot of cs users on them where you can just chat about the site.
" how should i go abt adopting?": I recommend adopting the maximum amount of pets each month. People will want to trade for the outcomes they didn't get, and its a great way to start building up a stock of pets you can use to trade for pets you want from past months/years.
"how does the rarity and worth of a pet work?": Rarity and worth are two separate things. Rarity is a hard-coded mechanic on the site. Every month, around the 14th-18th, Nick (our coder) will go through and calculate how many of each pet is currently active (ie not sitting in an inactive account). Pets that are more abundant get lower rarities, and vice versa. Worth, however, is a completely user based thing. People like different types of pets more (like dogs) and certain pets less (like rats). Different designs are also more popular, and pets made by specific artists can be worth more. Worth is constantly shifting, so it can be hard to keep track of. Some users have made very in-depth guides (Like Horror) that are very valuable to use when trading.

Hope this helped a bit!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes