Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Killian Michaels » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:56 am

Spaceinmyhead wrote:
Killian Michaels wrote:
Username: Killian Michaels
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is my only language :)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I'm a returning user! I haven't been on here since.. 2019 I think it was? I only remember how to adopt pets and I'm not sure I did much else when I was on here years ago haha
What do you like best so far?: All the different pets and designs! I absolutely LOVE the lions :D
Any questions?: How long does it take for pets to say their rarity?

Welcome to CS! Heres an answer to your question:

How long does it take for pets to say their rarity?: Pets will gain their rarity at the middle of the month after they were adopted. So say you adopted a pet this month, they would gain their rarity somewhere between the 14th-16th of next month. This includes pets of all ages, regardless of whether they were adopted at the beginning of the month or the end of it. Hope this helps!

I don't think I ever knew this haha, thank you!
Killian Michaels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinasuthi » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:25 am

Username: Vinasuthi
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am sort of fluent in English but my native language is Italian
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: trough a Tumblr post
What do you like best so far?: love all the creative designs
Any questions?: no just that I do not get the trading system even tho I read the guide,,, that's not a question tho
FREE 🇵🇸🇸🇩 🇨🇩 Tigray and any people ongoing war, crisis and genocide

🏵 Lyu/Luca(if you know me no you don't)
He/They/Its
Italian
AuOcd
I like drawing and history
Vinasuthi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby philipjfry » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:43 pm

Username: philipjfry
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was looking at profile buttons on FlightRising and saw "ChickenSmoothie User" and went "whaddat" so here I am.
What do you like best so far?: Free adopting!!!! I love having many, many pets!
Any questions?: Do I just request a one-sided trade when I'm adopting for free from the forums?
☘ ⓁⓊⒸⓀⓎ ☘
♡ THEY/THEM ♡
Donate to My O'Kieffe Hoard?
(goal: 2616)
philipjfry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Qalli » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:58 am

Username: Qalli
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I've seen references to the site going back years (I'm a virtual pet enthusiast and long time Neopets player) but never looked into it further until I saw someone on toyhou.se reference it recently. The pets look really nice so I figured I'd give it a go!
What do you like best so far?: Definitely the pet designs!
Any questions?: What is the main gameplay loop like? I know trading pets is a feature but what do players tend to do on this site day-to-day?
Qalli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby incatnito » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:45 am

Username: incatnito
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English and livinng in an English-speaking country but my first language is French
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I've always been aware of it but thought it was an art forums xD. My dom lead on FR invited me to join so I did!
What do you like best so far?: How chill it is! No games to grind, just kind of relaxing and playing around with dress ups or oekaki and waiting for pets to grow up.
Any questions?: I understand the basics and have read all the help things, but I am super intimidated by trading. I don't think I fully grasp the nuances of it yet.
incatnito - incognito but with a cat
You can call me Cat if you'd like!
They/Them pronouns please
Adult | CS time -5 | Je parle Français, aussi!
I play other pet sites but wish to remain incognito here.
incatnito

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sushidragon. » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:14 pm

Username: Dragonflyhigh
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Just English lol
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: was looking up online pet games and here I am!
What do you like best so far?: The pets, but I love the items so much, and my fav part is the community!!!
Any questions?: Just about rarity and trades (and what is a non and ma?!?!?!)
Buying ANY wishlist items for 1C$ per 4!

Check out my trading/buying post:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4932826&p=144388348#p144388348

Always looking to trade for WERMZ

Sushidragon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tumbleweed25 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:09 pm

Username: tumbleweed25

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): none

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, although it was through pm not a thread (feel free to pm me for any proof of this)

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have explored this site a lot, and I can say I know a pretty good amount of info dealing with this site from events, to trades, art and forums. I also personally like to break things down step by step for people to help them better understand, and lately have just enjoyed helping any new comers I can. I've gotten messages here and there asking for help, and sometimes I reach out just offering help if I see any small issues, and I am happy to take time to explain whatever they don't understand, so I figured becoming an adopter would be a good fit for me.

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I try my best to get on at least once a day, I typically spend at least an hour on here, during events I typically spend a good few hours minimum.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course
Tumbleweed25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PotatoSwinger » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:58 pm

Username: PotatoSwinger
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Someone’s profile button on PCE (Pixel Cat’s End)
What do you like best so far?: The hand drawn pets! I really want to see mine grow up
Any questions?: How does this entire site work? I’m on mobile and it looks really weird. The only things I’ve figured out are how to adopt and how to post on forums.
PotatoSwinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:22 am

daybreak. wrote:Username: daybreak.

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Spanish

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've been around for a while, so there are many, many posts where I've (hopefully) intervened helpfully, but here are a few examples:

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I think I would be a very helpful guide for anyone who could find CS a little overwhelming at first. I have a lot of experience in pretty much every section of the forum, excepting the RP section. I can point out helpful threads and give trading advice. I can give pointers on the text editor, BB coding, and Oekaki. And I like to think I'm good at explaining things, as well as friendly. I'll always be grateful to the users who nurtured my experience way back when I joined the site, and I'd love to introduce someone new to all the things I love about CS and its community <3

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I have periods of very frequent activity, and periods of lull. Right now, I've been visiting CS pretty much every day, and hanging in the forums for at least a coupe of hours amidst other activities. If I begin to slow down in activity, I will notify thread staff, like the rules ask c:

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I believe I did

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:17 pm

Vixxy1221 wrote:Any questions?: Uhh other than adopting pets how in the world does this work? :,)

Hello Vixxy! Welcome to CS ♡ There's a lot to do here depending on your preferred playstyle, so this is a very broad question, but you can start dipping your toes into what might be fun for you by checking out the site's FAQ section. I think it has a pretty complete overview of some of the more popular things to do on CS c:

philipjfry wrote:Any questions?: Do I just request a one-sided trade when I'm adopting for free from the forums?

That's right c:

Qalli wrote:Any questions?: What is the main gameplay loop like? I know trading pets is a feature but what do players tend to do on this site day-to-day?

Welcome Qalli! Like I mentioned above in my answer to Vixxy's question, there are different playstyles across CS users. Some come for the site adopts, and play by trading and dressing pets up. Other users don't necessarily do much related to the site adopts on the day to day, if at all, but instead interact with their preferred forum communities, such as the oekaki or roleplay forum sections. It really depends on what you think is most fun! I like collecting pets, so I used to make trading for pets I was missing pat of my day-to-day, but it has been a while since I've done that; taking things a little slower now c:

Besides taking a look at the site's FAQ section for some idea of what there is to do on CS, I also suggest interacting with other users on the forums to find out what they like to do!

incatnito wrote:Any questions?: I understand the basics and have read all the help things, but I am super intimidated by trading. I don't think I fully grasp the nuances of it yet.

It's definitely a steep learning curve, and the nuances change from time to time, but if you have questions on a specific trade, you can always try using the "Is this a fair trade?" thread for some help from other users c:

Dragonflyhigh wrote:Any questions?: Just about rarity and trades (and what is a non and ma?!?!?!)

Non and MA are two common trading "units" CS users have to describe the comparative value of a pet. There are some pets on CS that by virtue of being very old and only re-released once a year, being very popular, or being extremely rare are much harder to trade for than others. Search the [🐝] Guide to Trading Every Pet on CS - ** UPDATED! ** for "High Value Pets" for a run down of how these labels usually measure up against each other, and PM me if you like if you have further questions about this!

PotatoSwinger wrote:Any questions?: How does this entire site work? I’m on mobile and it looks really weird. The only things I’ve figured out are how to adopt and how to post on forums.

Hi Potato! Must admit I don't use the site on mobile, but perhaps looking over the site's FAQ section will help? I think it's a pretty handy page for newbies c:
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me