New thread!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "How much is this pet worth?" Thread

Postby Stray Stranger » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:11 pm

amarok. wrote:
Jellybean Wolf wrote:
quisicorazon wrote:How much are the UR Foal and UR Lion worth?

(Also, could someone explain to me what a non is...?)

UR Foal=1-1.5 nons, although recently its been getting only 1 non.
UR Lion=1.5 nons as well. some people value it higher or lower due to demand.

a non is a nonjewel, nonswirl, noncoon, or nontag. these are all quite rare and were fairly high up on the ex list. since the ex list is now discontinued, people describe a highly valuable pet's worth in nons.

to add on to this, "non" has two meanings. the first refers to the list term "non", or the four non dogs, but this is not actually really used anymore despite it being the standard given definition.

these days "non" is considered to be the "base" value of an omgsr, and rather confusingly the four nondogs (which also aren't actually all worth the same amount, despite what the list says) are technically worth more than a non under this definition because they have all been omgsr longer. they still only trade for " a non", though. this is beginning to cause problems since the sorbets (originally touted as a third of a non, now valued at around half of a non) are beginning to turn omgsr themselves
you can find a pretty interesting resource here!
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4201164

TooTiredToThink wrote:
TooTiredToThink wrote:ImageImage

What's the most valuable store pet I can get for one of these three pets, or a combination of two or all three of them?
Also, just to clarify something, since I only understand the rarity tag and demand and dates confuse me very much... a pet from any given year is worth twice as much as a pet of the same rarity from the next year, right? Also, store pets in general are worth more, right? Also, does this apply to store pets as well? So like, two store pets from this year are worth one store pet from last year, for example. Did I misunderstand anything? Thanks in advance!

so the thing with the 2:1 rule you're referring to is a bit controversial right now. an older pet is not automatically worth 2 of a younger pet, since "worth" really only refers to rarity, but a fair chunk of the community ask for that due to a mistaken belief that an older pet is automatically rarer (generally, yes, an older pet is more likely to be rarer, but there's a lot of exceptions) and also something called the forever home effect. the forever home effect refers to the statistic that the longer a pet is around, the more likely it is to fall into the hands of somebody who will not want to trade it away again. because there are less older pets in circulation (as in, people are still actively trading them), they may not necessarily be rarer but they probably will be much harder to find. the 2:1 rule calculates for the chance it might maybe be rarer and the inconvenience of trying to find another of the same pet for trade. as a general rule it's a good way of working out exactly how much more you should offer for older pets but it definitely does have some flaws.

the problem with this is that whilst it's fairly reasonable over small rarity/date gaps (for example, a 2009 rare for 2 2010 rares, a trade which actually likely makes sense rarity wise due to the largest increase in site members being around those years, or 4 '11s, etc) it gets absolutely ridiculous over larger gaps. for example, a 2009 rare would be valued at 16 2013 rares, 32 2014 rares, 64 2015 rares, etc, which is ridiculous. few people have that ready to trade for a single pet. you'd probably find something like 10 '13 rares being more realistic. similarly, a VR would clock out to be 8-16 commons of the same year, or 16-32 very commons of the same year. for a single pet i think a lot of people, especially people who aren't extremely active within the trading community and have not seen this 2:1 rule so zealously advocated, would be unwilling to trade that much. quantity has its own value and whilst it's a nice guideline for small date gaps i definitely want to emphasise that it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt when the numbers start getting a little bigger.

as for your pets here, you're looking at a market value of around 3+ '09 rares. Given demand you should be able to manage 2-3 pets from 2015-2016, or perhaps 1-2 '14 store pets. take that with a pinch of salt, though, since demand is really subjective.

Thank you so much for such a detailed in depth response, this was all so confusing to me and your explanation made it so much clearer. Thank you!
⚠️ Image ⚠️ Image ⚠️ Image ⚠️ Image ⚠️
__Image__Image__Image__ Image__ Image__ Image__Image__

⚠️ Image ⚠️ Image ⚠️ Image ⚠️ Image ⚠️
Stray Stranger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlphaSheWolf » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi does anyone know the true date of this gorgeous pup?
Pet's name: ma poupée
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Thanks in advance ^^
AlphaSheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AyyeItsKelsey » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:37 pm

AyyeItsKelsey wrote:Image
Pet's name: Bright

? thank you for any help!

bump
AyyeItsKelsey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 pm

AlphaSheWolf wrote:Hi does anyone know the true date of this gorgeous pup?
Pet's name: ma poupée

Thanks in advance ^^

March 2009 archive/2009/March/

hi
    hi
    hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
    YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
    full time foodie
    fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
    FR sales / about me / credit
    Eagle's Eye
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby plaguewife » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:55 am

Pet's name: Ontario
    I searched the thread to see if I could find this bb anywhere, but I didn't come across it. I might have glossed over it, though. It was gifted to me last night, a welcome surprise because I was having an anxiety attack and the mere surprise startled me out of it. ^-^ I don't plan on trading him anytime soon.
    I know rats aren't in the highest of demand, but... does anyone know what he's worth?
    chimken collector
    trade me :)
    I'll click ur eggs *puts on my cool guy glasses*
    plaguewife

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby LazyRainwing » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:18 am

What is this pup worth? I'm not really sure but would like to know...
    May 2009, rare, button Coraline
    LazyRainwing

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Elwynie » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:49 am

freakytiki wrote:Image
    Pet's name: Ontario
    I searched the thread to see if I could find this bb anywhere, but I didn't come across it. I might have glossed over it, though. It was gifted to me last night, a welcome surprise because I was having an anxiety attack and the mere surprise startled me out of it. ^-^ I don't plan on trading him anytime soon.
    I know rats aren't in the highest of demand, but... does anyone know what he's worth?

This rattie is an 09 VR(:
    An 09 vr = 2 09 rares or the 3 month rule

----------------------------------------------------------

LazyRainwing wrote:What is this pup worth? I'm not really sure but would like to know...
    May 2009, rare, button Coraline

This pet is worth the 3 month rule
    What is the 3 month rule? wrote:The 3 month rule is basically trading a pet for any other pet from the same species and rarity, but within 3 months of the release of the pet.

So;
    Trading a rare March '10 dog for a rare Jan '10 dog.
    Or
    Trading a 2012 common rat from september for a 2012 common rat from november.

-------------------------------------------------------------

!Horsecrazy! wrote:
    !Horsecrazy! wrote:Anybody know the separate values of...

This bun
    Pet's name: <3
    And this squid
    Pet's name: <3

These guys are both worth the 3 month rule
    The difference between them is their release year
    What is the 3 month rule? wrote:The 3 month rule is basically trading a pet for any other pet from the same species and rarity, but within 3 months of the release of the pet.

So;
    Or

----------------------------------------------------------

DisneyLuv wrote:
    DisneyLuv wrote:

[center]How much would this lion be worth? I’m trying to trade for it and I need more information about what I should be offering for it.

This pet is worth the 3 month rule

So;
    Or

Demand is up to you

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kotayle wrote:
    Kotayle wrote:Hey I tried searching but I'm curious how much this store pet is worth,

I value it to be a bit more rare than a couple same year uncommons, are since its a) a store pet and b) the only cheetah cub in cs archive.

Opinions?

A 2016 store = 1 09 rare
    Demand is up to you
    Elwynie

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby BoredKittyGirl » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:40 am

How much is this 2011 rare dog worth? Image
    Hi! I'm KittyGirl, you can call me Kitty for short. I am an agender teen with POTS, EDS and several other chronic health problems. I joined this site because a friend recommended it, and I need more happiness in my life lol. I love animals, and I have 3 cats. I am an intellectual, and I have severe anxiety. I am looking for trades, and I run an adoption center! I am obsessed with cats and birds, and D&D. Have a good day!

BoredKittyGirl

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby gaymerwife » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:58 am

Special release 2018*
    I got this pet on dec 18th and I’ve been too scared to trade it off bc I have no idea what it’s worth ^^; any help? Tysm ♥️🌸
    ╔════════════════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ═════════════════╗

𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚢 ♀ ♓︎ 𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝 [𝚕]𝚐𝚋𝚝+ 𝟶𝟿/𝟶𝟺/𝟷𝟼

𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝙸 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝚐𝚏

╚════════════════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ═════════════════╝
    gaymerwife

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Elwynie » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:44 am

Tsuki Neko wrote:How much is this 2011 rare dog worth? Image

3 month rule. Can view 3 month rule definition above or on the 1st page

-----------------------------------------------------------

xxspells wrote:Image
    Special release 2018*
    I got this pet on dec 18th and I’ve been too scared to trade it off bc I have no idea what it’s worth ^^; any help? Tysm ♥️🌸

Galaxy cat trades for 1 - 1.5 nons
    Demand is up to you
    Last edited by Elwynie on Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Elwynie

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me