New thread!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "How much is this pet worth?" Thread

Postby Loelya » Fri May 15, 2020 5:12 am

Spiritthesly wrote:help me out-
does Sorb = Pink Balloons??

there is some solid trade evidence that suggests the pink balloon may be rising or maybe has already arrived at the demand value of a sorb. In other words, a portion of players seem to be valuing the pink balloon as equal to 1 sorb in their trades. Some players will adhere to the old ex-list value of a pink balloon however, so it is always helpful to discuss with your trading partner how you each value your pets.
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nobby Cat » Fri May 15, 2020 5:13 am

──-───────────
All hail our lord
───────────-──
███░██████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────-──
███░██████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────────────
and savior
the
rat king.

──-───────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████████████
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████
Nobby Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elwynie » Fri May 15, 2020 5:14 am

leafeater6 gacha aj wrote:
What are these worth?

The shima is technically only worth the 3 month rule
I suggest browsing the FTT and Auction thread to see what its trading for atm
The horse is a t4 advent worth 5-6 09 rares

------------------------------------------

Nobby Cat wrote:Image
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
What is this boi worth?

A 2010 vr is worth 2 2010 rares or 1 09 rare
Demand is up to you
Elwynie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Fri May 15, 2020 5:18 am

AyyeItsKelsey wrote:are UR cinnabuns worth more, less, or the same as the UR Zonkey?

both the zonkey and the cinnabun have fetched trades ranging fairly consistently between 1.5-2 nons in value. So there may be some players who value the cinnabun at 1.5 and the zonkey at 2 or players who value the cinnabun at 2 and the zonkey at 1.5. but on an average basis, their demand value is fairly equal and a trade will probably come down to which of the two you prefer on an individual basis.
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaggedfangs » Fri May 15, 2020 5:27 am

jaggedfangs wrote:
jaggedfangs wrote:
jaggedfangs wrote:Image

could anyone help me with the UR Purple Tess Horse's worth? i want to trade it down or possibly add to it and trade up for a higher list with more demand, as nowadays i am mostly seeking to trade my pets away for c$ so buying art is easier :p
i made the mistake of starting an auction without being properly updated on its worth and decided to cancel halfway through because i ended up realizing i have no idea what it was actually worth with the list being gone and all that. i'd like to be informed now, whether just for trading or an auction :) ty!

𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀, 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀 -
    𝘗𝘙𝘌𝘛𝘌𝘕𝘋 𝘛𝘏𝘈𝘛 𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌 𝘔𝘌

┌─────────┐

Jake // Artist // Moldovan
    Professional physics & maths nerd
    ♫ The 1975 / The Smiths / F. Ocean

└─────────┘
    𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀, 𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀-
    𝘋𝘖𝘕'𝘛 𝘓𝘌𝘈𝘝𝘌 𝘔𝘌.

COMMISSIONS! x SIG CRED
    jaggedfangs

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Fri May 15, 2020 6:25 am

jaggedfangs wrote:
    jaggedfangs wrote:
    jaggedfangs wrote:Image

could anyone help me with the UR Purple Tess Horse's worth? i want to trade it down or possibly add to it and trade up for a higher list with more demand, as nowadays i am mostly seeking to trade my pets away for c$ so buying art is easier :p
    i made the mistake of starting an auction without being properly updated on its worth and decided to cancel halfway through because i ended up realizing i have no idea what it was actually worth with the list being gone and all that. i'd like to be informed now, whether just for trading or an auction :) ty!

It’s really hard to say. I personally wouldn’t say the old list placement is still reliable for the purple Tess horse, but unfortunately neither do I have a concrete idea of where the pet’s value falls if completely disregarding the ex-list.

here are the only two trades I found for the horse on the v/omgsr success thread:
    purple Tess horse for 500 C$
    PPS dragoncat for purple Tess horse + 200 C$

I would suggest that unfortunately, neither of these trades are particularly helpful for determining value since C$ value is highly variable at the moment. But I’m going to do my best to break it down, if anyone else is reading this and disagrees with the points I offer, please feel free to dispute.

I’m going to talk about the second trade first. The PPS dragoncat is a huge wildcard in high-end trading. its demand skyrocketed not long ago to the point where there was trade evidence of it going for toxics and sorbs, which in my mind, is absolute bananas. then the demand dropped off, almost as quickly, but because there is now evidence backing up very high demand values for the pet, people are unwilling to trade them off for just another store pet from the same year (and as wild as the demand got for the pet, I can’t say I blame them.)

so now, I think what we’re starting to see is folks auctioning off their PPS dragoncats for large amounts of C$ rather than holding out for high-valued pets. they still feel like they’re getting a good value for their dragoncats but no one wants to deal with the uncertainty (and hostility at times) of trying to trade the dragoncat for other high demand pets now that the hype has died down.

so, in this manner, I think what we’re seeing is the dragoncat being traded for what has previously been understood as “sorb value” in C$. The ex-list stated that a “sorb” is “worth” 775 C$. (You can find this value in this post.)

but I think it’s probable that this value for a sorb is in a lot of flux right now and may be unreliable as a consistent “measuring stick” so to speak. if you check out the Successful C$ Trades thread, even though it’s only just getting started, I think you might be able to get an idea of just how much C$ values are all over the place right now.

If you search the dragoncat on the successful C$ trades thread, you’ll get two results, one for 800 C$ and one for 1000 C$. I personally think the 800 C$ value is closer to what has been a consistent demand for the dragoncat as of late, but that’s merely my own general observation and I can’t link to anything specific to confirm that, so take it with a grain of salt. to be safe, we’ll average the two and say 900 C$ for a dragoncat.

so if the dragoncat is in demand for 900 C$, and this trade for the Tess horse had an add of 200 C$, suppose you could say the Tess horse represented 700 C$ of that value? and then the other trade for the Tess horse valued it lower, at 500 C$.

so let’s hypothesize that the Tess horse is in demand for 500-700 C$ at the moment. I’m not sure there is a way to “translate” this to pet values. The post I linked above with the ex-list’s value for a sorb says pets like the pink balloon, rainbow mane, and the joker are in this range. But if I may be frank, I don’t think that anyone would be willing to make a straight swap of a pink balloon for the purple Tess horse as an example.

I know this is a lot of rambling and probably isn’t that helpful, but I wanted to give you my thoughts and hope they help as you determine where you think you may value your pet. potentially there is evidence for a roughly 600ish C$ value but the data is sparse and controversial. Good luck figuring it out and I hope some of the threads I linked may be helpful.
    ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
    Loelya

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby jaggedfangs » Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 am

Loelya wrote:
    jaggedfangs wrote:
    jaggedfangs wrote:-snip-

It’s really hard to say. I personally wouldn’t say the old list placement is still reliable for the purple Tess horse, but unfortunately neither do I have a concrete idea of where the pet’s value falls if completely disregarding the ex-list.

here are the only two trades I found for the horse on the v/omgsr success thread:
    purple Tess horse for 500 C$
    PPS dragoncat for purple Tess horse + 200 C$

I would suggest that unfortunately, neither of these trades are particularly helpful for determining value since C$ value is highly variable at the moment. But I’m going to do my best to break it down, if anyone else is reading this and disagrees with the points I offer, please feel free to dispute.

I’m going to talk about the second trade first. The PPS dragoncat is a huge wildcard in high-end trading. its demand skyrocketed not long ago to the point where there was trade evidence of it going for toxics and sorbs, which in my mind, is absolute bananas. then the demand dropped off, almost as quickly, but because there is now evidence backing up very high demand values for the pet, people are unwilling to trade them off for just another store pet from the same year (and as wild as the demand got for the pet, I can’t say I blame them.)

so now, I think what we’re starting to see is folks auctioning off their PPS dragoncats for large amounts of C$ rather than holding out for high-valued pets. they still feel like they’re getting a good value for their dragoncats but no one wants to deal with the uncertainty (and hostility at times) of trying to trade the dragoncat for other high demand pets now that the hype has died down.

so, in this manner, I think what we’re seeing is the dragoncat being traded for what has previously been understood as “sorb value” in C$. The ex-list stated that a “sorb” is “worth” 775 C$. (You can find this value in this post.)

but I think it’s probable that this value for a sorb is in a lot of flux right now and may be unreliable as a consistent “measuring stick” so to speak. if you check out the Successful C$ Trades thread, even though it’s only just getting started, I think you might be able to get an idea of just how much C$ values are all over the place right now.

If you search the dragoncat on the successful C$ trades thread, you’ll get two results, one for 800 C$ and one for 1000 C$. I personally think the 800 C$ value is closer to what has been a consistent demand for the dragoncat as of late, but that’s merely my own general observation and I can’t link to anything specific to confirm that, so take it with a grain of salt. to be safe, we’ll average the two and say 900 C$ for a dragoncat.

so if the dragoncat is in demand for 900 C$, and this trade for the Tess horse had an add of 200 C$, suppose you could say the Tess horse represented 700 C$ of that value? and then the other trade for the Tess horse valued it lower, at 500 C$.

so let’s hypothesize that the Tess horse is in demand for 500-700 C$ at the moment. I’m not sure there is a way to “translate” this to pet values. The post I linked above with the ex-list’s value for a sorb says pets like the pink balloon, rainbow mane, and the joker are in this range. But if I may be frank, I don’t think that anyone would be willing to make a straight swap of a pink balloon for the purple Tess horse as an example.

I know this is a lot of rambling and probably isn’t that helpful, but I wanted to give you my thoughts and hope they help as you determine where you think you may value your pet. potentially there is evidence for a roughly 600ish C$ value but the data is sparse and controversial. Good luck figuring it out and I hope some of the threads I linked may be helpful.

thank you lots. although i've already searched on said threads, your opinion added i have a much closer idea of what it is worth. i'll likely keep asking to see if i can get other thoughts on this, as i've also heard it goes for a sorb itself - no add needed - which is contradictory to your info, but obviously it cannot be known what was right and what wasn't. on a thread i have also seen people saying it's a straight swap for the '09 UR dog, which frankly did seem logical to me rarity-wise but demand wise it's pretty far fetched. again, as until now after around 3-4 weeks of trying to see what its value is i could not find any certain info, your analysis did help, so ty.

𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀, 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀 -
      𝘗𝘙𝘌𝘛𝘌𝘕𝘋 𝘛𝘏𝘈𝘛 𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌 𝘔𝘌

┌─────────┐

Jake // Artist // Moldovan
      Professional physics & maths nerd
      ♫ The 1975 / The Smiths / F. Ocean

└─────────┘
      𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀, 𝙇𝙀𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀-
      𝘋𝘖𝘕'𝘛 𝘓𝘌𝘈𝘝𝘌 𝘔𝘌.

COMMISSIONS! x SIG CRED
      jaggedfangs

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

Postby aashley » Fri May 15, 2020 12:53 pm

hi! i was wondering how many nons last years special release avocado is worth? i believee its 0.5??? i remember it was 1 when it came out due to the demand but i went on a small hiatus so im unsure what it's worth now. thanks in advance xo
      hi
      aashley

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

Postby executable » Fri May 15, 2020 1:01 pm

radiantspirit wrote:hi! i was wondering how many nons last years special release avocado is worth? i believee its 0.5??? i remember it was 1 when it came out due to the demand but i went on a small hiatus so im unsure what it's worth now. thanks in advance xo

.75 nons C:
      executable

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

Postby kokoro » Fri May 15, 2020 5:52 pm

What is this rat worth? It's an OMGSR, but I know that rats aren't in high demand.

Thanks!
      kokoro

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me