February Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: February Discussion Thread

Postby Minimanta » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:45 am

Well, I'm danish so I've known all the fairytales so far xD Me and my sisters had a huge book with Hans Christian Andersen fairytales back when we were kids.

We danes do love our Hans Christian Andersen.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AgentPendergast » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Apple pup
AgentPendergast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:17 pm

AgentPendergast wrote:Apple pup

Johnny Appleseed?
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:20 pm

WASSAP wrote:
AgentPendergast wrote:Apple pup

Johnny Appleseed?

Yes! Johnny Appleseed! ^_^
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Ahh! It's "What The Old Man Does Is Always Right"

That's what the apple was about, I thought Snow White first, but it looks like they're all HC Andersen related, so it must be "What The Old Man Does Is Always Right"
ImageImageImage
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pluma » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:22 pm

What the Old Man Does Is Always Right

Once upon a time, there was an old couple, a farmer and his wife, who lived together in their old farmhouse. They did not have a lot of money or items of much worth, but they truly loved each other and were happy. They did own one horse though and decided they had to either sell or trade it for something more useful.

The Old Man’s wife told him he should do whatever he found would be the best, since whatever he did always was right. He should go to the market and either sell the horse for money or make a good bargain. So the old man took their horse and went off to the market.

On the way to the market, he meets a man with a cow. The Old Man sees the cow and decides it would be a great bargain to trade the horse for the cow. The cow could give them both milk and cheese and despite the horse being of more worth, it wasn’t useful to them. He asked the other man for a swap and he was glad to accept.

Now he could have turned around and gone home, but he had set off to go to the market, so that’s what he would do. The Old Man continued on with his cow, but then met another man, this time with a sheep. Oh such a sheep could give them such nice wool for both sweaters and socks and it could find plenty of grazing in their garden. Much more useful than a cow. The owner of the sheep was more than willing to swap and so the Old Man continued on, now with his sheep.

Near a road gate, he then met a man with a goose. Old Man sure would love to have that goose. It could swim in their pond and they could save the scraps for it. His wife had always wanted a goose and just as earlier, the owner didn’t hesitate for the swap, so Old Man now had a goose and continued on.

As he was close to town, he met the tollkeeper, who had a hen tied up by the gate. Old Man knew the hen would be a wonderful addition to their home. It could always find some corn and almost provide for itself and think of all the eggs. He had to swap his goose in exchange for the hen and the tollkeeper accepted.

Old Man had made a lot of good deals that day and decided he needed something to drink and eat. He was on his way to enter an Inn, when a young boy came out, carrying a sack with him. Old Man asked what was in the sack and the boy said it was a sack full of rotten apples, meant to be fed to the pigs. Old man got excited hearing this. His wife would be so happy about a sack full of apples. Their own apple tree had only given them one apple the year before. He had to have those apples for his wife and immediately swapped his hen for the sack of rotten apples.

Old Man took his sack and went inside the inn. He found a seat by the stove and put his sack next to the hot stove. There were plenty of other people in the Inn, but two English men stood out, with their pockets about to burst, due to the heavy amount of gold coins they contained. They all heard the sound of the apples being roasted by the fire and got curious to what was going on. Then Old Man told them all the story of how he had started out with a horse and ended up with the apples.

The men laughed and the two English men told Old Man he sure was in for a beating when he came home. Old Man disagreed and said he would only be receiving kisses, because “Whatever the old man does is always right.” The two English men liked a good bet and they were ready to offer Old Man a barrel full of a hundred pounds sterling, if he were right about his wife. So they all got into a carriage and were off to the Old Man’s house.

They came back home and the wife was happy to see her husband having returned. He told her about trading the horse for a cow and she got excited about all the milk, butter and cheese they would get. Then Old Man said he had swapped it for a sheep and that was even better, according to the wife. The sheep could give both cheese and milk, but also stockings and sweaters. A good swap! Though hearing the swap about the goose was even better than the sheep. It could get tied up by the pond and they could eat it for Christmas. What a thoughtful husband she had! Being told about the hen made her squeal, ‘cause then they could have eggs and even more chicken and get that chicken yard she had always wanted.

Then Old Man told the wife about the rotten apples and then there was no holding back. She just had to give him a kiss. She told her husband that, while he had been gone, she had planned to make him a delicious dinner – omelet with chives. She had eggs, but no chives, so she had to go lend the chives from the neighbor, but that neighbor woman was so stingy and wanted something in return. They had nothing in their garden to swap though, not even a rotten apple, but now she could trade a whole sack full of them.

The two English men couldn’t hold themselves back and laughed. The happiness and love the old couple had for each other was well worth the money, so they gave Old Man the barrel full of gold he had been promised.
Pluma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:22 pm

I knew it! xD
ImageImageImage
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plisetsky » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:26 pm

aw.. what a sweet story; definitely my favourite so far
currently watching:
barry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬
th | ig | lttrbxd | free art !!
plisetsky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BBkat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:28 pm

Pluma wrote:
What the Old Man Does Is Always Right

Once upon a time, there was an old couple, a farmer and his wife, who lived together in their old farmhouse. They did not have a lot of money or items of much worth, but they truly loved each other and were happy. They did own one horse though and decided they had to either sell or trade it for something more useful.

The Old Man’s wife told him he should do whatever he found would be the best, since whatever he did always was right. He should go to the market and either sell the horse for money or make a good bargain. So the old man took their horse and went off to the market.

On the way to the market, he meets a man with a cow. The Old Man sees the cow and decides it would be a great bargain to trade the horse for the cow. The cow could give them both milk and cheese and despite the horse being of more worth, it wasn’t useful to them. He asked the other man for a swap and he was glad to accept.

Now he could have turned around and gone home, but he had set off to go to the market, so that’s what he would do. The Old Man continued on with his cow, but then met another man, this time with a sheep. Oh such a sheep could give them such nice wool for both sweaters and socks and it could find plenty of grazing in their garden. Much more useful than a cow. The owner of the sheep was more than willing to swap and so the Old Man continued on, now with his sheep.

Near a road gate, he then met a man with a goose. Old Man sure would love to have that goose. It could swim in their pond and they could save the scraps for it. His wife had always wanted a goose and just as earlier, the owner didn’t hesitate for the swap, so Old Man now had a goose and continued on.

As he was close to town, he met the tollkeeper, who had a hen tied up by the gate. Old Man knew the hen would be a wonderful addition to their home. It could always find some corn and almost provide for itself and think of all the eggs. He had to swap his goose in exchange for the hen and the tollkeeper accepted.

Old Man had made a lot of good deals that day and decided he needed something to drink and eat. He was on his way to enter an Inn, when a young boy came out, carrying a sack with him. Old Man asked what was in the sack and the boy said it was a sack full of rotten apples, meant to be fed to the pigs. Old man got excited hearing this. His wife would be so happy about a sack full of apples. Their own apple tree had only given them one apple the year before. He had to have those apples for his wife and immediately swapped his hen for the sack of rotten apples.

Old Man took his sack and went inside the inn. He found a seat by the stove and put his sack next to the hot stove. There were plenty of other people in the Inn, but two English men stood out, with their pockets about to burst, due to the heavy amount of gold coins they contained. They all heard the sound of the apples being roasted by the fire and got curious to what was going on. Then Old Man told them all the story of how he had started out with a horse and ended up with the apples.

The men laughed and the two English men told Old Man he sure was in for a beating when he came home. Old Man disagreed and said he would only be receiving kisses, because “Whatever the old man does is always right.” The two English men liked a good bet and they were ready to offer Old Man a barrel full of a hundred pounds sterling, if he were right about his wife. So they all got into a carriage and were off to the Old Man’s house.

They came back home and the wife was happy to see her husband having returned. He told her about trading the horse for a cow and she got excited about all the milk, butter and cheese they would get. Then Old Man said he had swapped it for a sheep and that was even better, according to the wife. The sheep could give both cheese and milk, but also stockings and sweaters. A good swap! Though hearing the swap about the goose was even better than the sheep. It could get tied up by the pond and they could eat it for Christmas. What a thoughtful husband she had! Being told about the hen made her squeal, ‘cause then they could have eggs and even more chicken and get that chicken yard she had always wanted.

Then Old Man told the wife about the rotten apples and then there was no holding back. She just had to give him a kiss. She told her husband that, while he had been gone, she had planned to make him a delicious dinner – omelet with chives. She had eggs, but no chives, so she had to go lend the chives from the neighbor, but that neighbor woman was so stingy and wanted something in return. They had nothing in their garden to swap though, not even a rotten apple, but now she could trade a whole sack full of them.

The two English men couldn’t hold themselves back and laughed. The happiness and love the old couple had for each other was well worth the money, so they gave Old Man the barrel full of gold he had been promised.

I've never heard that one before, but that was really sweet.
BBkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Finally got to read all the fairytales so far.

It was fun rereading them in english =3
Last time I've read any of them was years and years ago in danish.
ImageImageImage
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me