February Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: February Discussion Thread

Postby Vee Maxima » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:22 am

A little off topic but
I'm really surprised the New Years pets haven't got their rarities yet??
Does it usually take this long, or is it because of all the events CS has up and coming such as Easter and st patricks day..?
(Still, it seems like a very long time)
I sometimes draw the things
art

Vee Maxima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:27 am

Vee Maxima wrote:A little off topic but
I'm really surprised the New Years pets haven't got their rarities yet??
Does it usually take this long, or is it because of all the events CS has up and coming such as Easter and st patricks day..?
(Still, it seems like a very long time)

This is normal. It's generally about 1-3 months, so it's getting a bit long, but they'll probably get rarities soon. I expect it is taking a bit long because of all the events coming up.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Annoying Dog » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:30 am

Pluma wrote:I hope you're all enjoying the litter so far! I can say my favorite of the litter will be the next one to grow~

Sadly, this litter is coming to an end

only two more pups left to grow if I'm correct, and those are the butterfly and bubble pups.

Waiting lol
Annoying Dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CompassLogic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Is there any place where I can see explanations of the fairy tale pups? Like what stories each is supposed to represent? I can't figure them out :(

┌─────────┐

Always looking for trades
    Always have C$ for trade
    I trade items
    Looking for wishlist stuff
    Feed my hoards!
    credit

└─────────┘
CompassLogic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:05 pm

CompassLogic wrote:Is there any place where I can see explanations of the fairy tale pups? Like what stories each is supposed to represent? I can't figure them out :(

Pluma's posted all of them, if you search their username on this thread you should be able to find them.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CompassLogic » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:07 pm

Aliria wrote:
CompassLogic wrote:Is there any place where I can see explanations of the fairy tale pups? Like what stories each is supposed to represent? I can't figure them out :(

Pluma's posted all of them, if you search their username on this thread you should be able to find them.

perfect, thank you!

┌─────────┐

Always looking for trades
    Always have C$ for trade
    I trade items
    Looking for wishlist stuff
    Feed my hoards!
    credit

└─────────┘
CompassLogic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirya » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:11 pm

Aw, this is just SO lovely!
I hope I'll be able to get one of this outcome now that it grew up...
Kirya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Checkinder » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:11 pm

She's so pretty ;o;
Check - He/They/It

If you need to contact me quickly, my Discord is
Checkinder#6566
Trading all my pets for C$ and all Store Pets for
character art. DM me if you'd like to offer art/etc
for the Store Pets.
My Kalons

Art by friend on Discord
Checkinder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pluma » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Thumbelina

Once upon a time, there was an old woman, who so desperately wished for a child of her own. She went to a fairy for help and she sold the old woman a barleycorn, which she was to plant in a flower pot. So did the woman and soon a big beautiful tulip bud grew from the pot. As she kissed the bud, it opened and revealed the tiniest and finest little maiden inside. She decided to call her Thumbelina, as she was no bigger than her thumb.

She was given an acorn to sleep in, with petals as her pillow and blanket. In the day, she had a small bowl of water, where a tulip leaf had been placed and she could use the hair from a horse to paddle from one side to the other. She also had the most beautiful singing voice, which the old woman enjoyed listening to.

One night while Thumbelina was sleeping, an ugly wet toad came in through the window and saw the little maiden. She decided this girl would make for a pretty wife for her son and thus she took the walnut and carried Thumbelina away into the garden. She brought her with her home to the swamp, where the toad lived with her ugly son. They decided to put Thumbelina on a water lily pad, while preparing their new home and the wedding, so she wouldn’t run away.

Early in the morning, Thumbelina woke up and began to cry bitterly, as there was nothing but water all around her and no way for her to get away. The toad returned with her son, to fetch the walnut bed for Thumbelina’s bridal chamber and here she also introduced her son and said Thumbelina were to be his wife and live happily in the swamp with him.

Thumbelina cried and was so unhappy, that she had to live with the toad and her ugly son. After the toads had left, two fish looked up at Thumbelina and immediately felt sorry for her, as such a pretty creature shouldn’t be wed to an ugly toad. So the fish gathered a small group and swam down to gnaw on the stem of the lily pad, until it broke and allowed the lily pad to float along with the stream and far away from the swamp and land.

She drifted along with the stream for a long time and passed many towns on the way. A beautiful butterfly had followed her most of the way and kept her company, which they both enjoyed. She took off her girdle and tied one end to the butterfly and the other to the lily pad. A beetle flew by and as soon as he saw Thumbelina, he grabbed her by the waist and flew away with her up in the tree, while the butterfly was left behind, as it was tied to the lily pad.

Thumbelina was frightened when the beetle took her up high, but she felt even sorrier for the butterfly, as it was tied to the lily pad and had no chance of escape and most likely would die of hunger and thirst. The beetle did not care and sat with Thumbelina up in the tree, offering her honey to eat and told her how pretty she was. The other beetles soon came over and they all agreed to that Thumbelina was very ugly, as she had thin legs, no shell or wings or even feelers. The beetle soon believed what the others said and decided he wanted no more to do with Thumbelina. So he flew down with her to the ground and left her to her own.

Thumbelina cried and was so unhappy, that she was so ugly that even the beetle wished nothing to do with her, despite her actually being the loveliest maiden. She lived all alone in the forest on her own and made herself a bed of petals and she would eat honey and drink dew to survive. She was well all through the summer and autumn, but then the winter came and all the birds had gone away, her home was no more and her clothes were torn and could not keep her fragile body warm and she feared she would freeze to death.

Thumbelina wrapped herself in an old cracked leaf and went on into a corn field, though there was nothing to eat there anymore. The snow was also heavy on her small body and she had nowhere to go, until she stumbled upon the door to the home of the field-mouse. She knocked on the door and begged the field mouse for a simple barleycorn, as she was so hungry and hadn’t eaten for days. The field-mouse was a very kind one though and immediately invited Thumbelina in for dinner and said she was welcome to stay with her all winter, as long as she cleaned her room and would tell her stories, which Thumbelina gladly accepted.

The field-mouse told Thumbelina that they would soon have a visitor. He was a mole and neighbor to the field-mouse, who was the richest one around in the field and if only Thumbelina could have him for husband, she would be well provided for. Thumbelina had no interest in the mole though, as he spoke very badly of both the flowers and sun, which she adored so much. He was also blind, so Thumbelina had to sing for him and this made the mole fall in love with her, though he kept this to himself.

The mole dug a tunnel from his home to the one of the field-mouse, where Thumbelina was free to walk, but he warned them that there was a dead swallow in his tunnel. It had just been there as he had dug his tunnel and both he and the field-mouse agreed that it was good not to be a bird, as all they did was singing and just died in the winter, but Thumbelina felt so sorry for the bird.

In the night, Thumbelina could not sleep and got out of bed. She weaved a blanket out of hay and went to the bird, covering it up and thanking it for all its beautiful songs, but when she laid her head against its chest, she could hear its heart still beating. She covered him up more and when she came back to him the day after, she saw he was alive, but weak. The swallow thanked Thumbelina for her care and said he would venture back out when he had recovered his strength, but Thumbelina encouraged him to stay and let her nurture him, as it was cold and snowy outside still. Through the winter, she took care of the swallow and neither the mole nor field-mouse knew about it, as they did not like birds. When spring came, Thumbelina opened a whole in the tunnel and allowed the sun to shine in. The swallow offered Thumbelina to come with him. She could sit on his back as he flew out, but she could not go, as she felt she couldn’t leave the kind field-mouse just like that. She missed the sun, but was not allowed to go out.

It was then decided the mole wished for Thumbelina to become his wife and the field-mouse was so excited for her and began to prepare her wedding dress. The mole came every evening to visit and declared they were to have their wedding, once the summer was over. Thumbelina did not care for the tiresome mole and she was afraid that, if she were to wed him, she would never see the sun again or flowers or birds. Every day she snuck out to look at the sunrise and sunset, hoping to see the dear swallow, but he never came. Thumbelina wept and said she did not want to marry the mole, but the field-mouse would hear no such nonsense and thus, the day of the wedding came.

The field-mouse had allowed Thumbelina to go out and see the sun one last time, as the mole would take her with him deep into the ground and never leave the tunnels again. She reached her arms up to the sun and cried while saying farewell. Then above her head came the swallow and he immediately came down to her. She told him about the mole and how little she wanted to marry him and be taken under the earth forever. The swallow told Thumbelina winter was coming and he would now take off to warmer lands and offered Thumbelina to sit on his back and come with him, far away from the mole. Thumbelina accepted immediately and climbed on top of the swallow, before they took off.

The swallow carried Thumbelina with him far far away, over mountains and fields, away from the cold and to beautiful warm lands, where the sun shined bright and the trees and flowers always were in bloom. He offered her to pick out a flower on the field, where she could make a home and live, as she could not live in a swallow’s nest. She picked out a beautiful white flower to be placed on, but when she was put down on the flower, she was surprised to find a little man, no taller than herself. He was the angel of the flower. All the flowers had a little man and woman living in them and this particular man was the king of them all and wore a golden crown.

The prince was delighted to see Thumbelina and thought of her as the most beautiful maiden he had ever seen. He took off his crown and put it on her head, asking for her name and if she would want to marry him and become the queen of all the flowers. Thumbelina was thrilled and so surprised, as he was the first one to actually ask her and she immediately said yes. Then the flower buds on the field opened and out came several small ladies and lords, coming to congratulate Thumbelina and bringing her gifts. The best one being a pair of large white wings, that had belonged to a fly, so she could fly from flower to flower.

The swallow sung a wedding song for the new pair and the prince said Thumbelina were to have a new name. It was such an ugly name and she was so lovely, so she were to be known by the name Maia instead. The swallow bid them farewell and flew back home to Denmark, where it had a nest right underneath the window of a young man, who was a writer of fairytales and from the swallow’s song came this story.
Pluma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pantera. » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Thumbelina!
Oh my gosh,a new hoard has been born.
Lights: Off
Desperately looking for these:
ImageImage
hello!
I’m getting back into gifting, as it’s what I did before I had a two year hiatus~

If you need help with trades or just need to talk, my pms are open!
Pantera.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me