Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Postby Swiftalu » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:48 pm

CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ wrote:
Swiftalu wrote:
My pup has said they finished their program! I took it from them while they weren't looking, perhaps it can give you guys a clue on who they are?

-snip-

I don't code, but I can research, and just went through stacks of Google pages looking for this. It is in fact Python, but when I put it through a tester to see how it actually works, line 19 ( if hint1 == #"something":) seems to be broken. Can someone who actually knows the language see if it's something on my part or the code being faulty?
    (I get this error message, if that helps: "SyntaxError: invalid syntax (<string>, line 19)")

Yeah I purposefully left it like that since if I put the right answer in there it would be too easy to find xD

Keep in mind though that the answer is only 1 part; there's more hidden in there
Swiftalu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:51 pm

CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ wrote:
Swiftalu wrote:
My pup has said they finished their program! I took it from them while they weren't looking, perhaps it can give you guys a clue on who they are?

-snip-

I don't code, but I can research, and just went through stacks of Google pages looking for this. It is in fact Python, but when I put it through a tester to see how it actually works, line 19 ( if hint1 == #"something":) seems to be broken. Can someone who actually knows the language see if it's something on my part or the code being faulty?
    (I get this error message, if that helps: "SyntaxError: invalid syntax (<string>, line 19)")

How'd you test it?

Also...

☁Lady Raincloud☁ wrote:
Atwood Hint Chart wrote:- In their 'Assorted Characters' group, their Rhett and Link dogs (from GMM) are named 'Rhett says "F=6"' and 'Link says 'T=2632849"'
- The numbers lead to this link viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2632849 , where the post is edited with, 'Looking for a clue? You might hear one through 4467'

Anyone figure out that last clue there?
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:53 pm

☁Lady Raincloud☁ wrote:
CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ wrote:
Swiftalu wrote:

-snip-

How'd you test it?

Here's my link --
http://www.pythontutor.com/visualize.html#mode=edit
Just get rid of all the periods in Swift's original code and replace them with an equal amount of spaces (1:1).

Free Shade wrote:You have to take out the #
(at least im 99% sure that's what it is. I haven't used python in a while)

Oh hey, that's right! The problem is that now I've gotten it to work but it doesn't seem to be working entirely. XD
Last edited by CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.......I'm CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ,
...... nice to meet you.
........ImageImage........
Science nerd..........
___...............
Image Image Image Image...ImageImage
CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:54 pm

__author__ = 'Beatrix + Swiftalu' #A special puzzle
#Booting up program
#10%
#25%
#40%
#90%
#100%
#Ready to go
#Don't mess up!
#Let's do this!
hint = input("Welcome! I'm sure you're here for a hint yes?") #Better say Y
if hint.upper() !="Y" !="N":
hint = input("Sorry! I didn't quite get that, mind typing your answer again? Perhaps"
"I should have said you need to use Y or N to indicate your answer.")
#Silly user
if hint.upper() == "Y":
print("Good! Let's get started on this little puzzle shall we?") #Yay >v<
hint1 = input("Let's start with some simple math then; what's 3+2?")
if hint1 == "#5":
print("Yay good job! You solved 1 part of this hint!")
#Congratulations!
else:
print("Sorry! That's not right, try again!")
if hint.upper() == "N":
print("Ok, well that's fine! Goodbye!") #How could this happen to me

this worked for me (turns out you have to play with it a bit; like the above user said, some of it is inputting in spaces in place of the periods) but other than "Y" and "5" I.D.K. what else to derive from that as clues
Last edited by acatalepsy on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 8catpaws » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm

CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ wrote:
Swiftalu wrote:

-snip-

we solve for line 19 to get the hint. line 19 is the hint

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flags for every country I've visited!
8catpaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:57 pm

☁Lady Raincloud☁ wrote:
Atwood Hint Chart wrote:- In their 'Assorted Characters' group, their Rhett and Link dogs (from GMM) are named 'Rhett says "F=6"' and 'Link says 'T=2632849"'
- The numbers lead to this link viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2632849 , where the post is edited with, 'Looking for a clue? You might hear one through 4467'

Nope, no one has figured out the actual meaning of this hint yet. :3 And, just for the record as I saw someone mention it earlier, my avatar is not a hint and Andrew (the character in my avatar) is not connected to my staff pet.

For handy reference, here's a list of what point has been reached in solving each of my hints:
1. 4467 confirmed to be the grapevine item
2. Metro
3. Birchii
4. Yes, Virginia
5. Still at the start

Oh, yeah, my handy reference. :b
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunnyhop627 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Atwood wrote:
☁Lady Raincloud☁ wrote:

Nope, no one has figured out the actual meaning of this hint yet. :3 And, just for the record as I saw someone mention it earlier, my avatar is not a hint and Andrew (the character in my avatar) is not connected to my staff pet.

For handy reference, here's a list of what point has been reached in solving each of my hints:
1. 4467
2. Metro
3. Birchii
4. Yes, Virginia
5. Still at the start

The closest thing I can fine is the definition to the number 4467: kingdom, sovereignty, dominion, reign
hello! :)
Bunnyhop627

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swiftalu » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:05 pm

8catpaws wrote:
CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ wrote:
Swiftalu wrote:

-snip-

we solve for line 19 to get the hint. line 19 is the hint

Line 19 is not the only hint in there xD
Swiftalu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amyatzu » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:05 pm

In teeny tiny really in I forget whose quote.

its just that for some reason you conveniently miss the ones that are OBVIOUS
Hey!
I'm Amyatzu!
I love cats,
swimming, and
drawing! My
art skills aren't great
but I still love art!
Tanglestar
Silver
Purple
Adventurine
Tibbi
Amu
Crystal

Heya! I am currently on the Staff Pet thread figuring out who's whose! Come and join me (if you dare!)
Also, check out my adoptables, MiniWolves!
Amyatzu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:06 pm

Bunnyhop627 wrote:
Atwood wrote:Nope, no one has figured out the actual meaning of this hint yet. :3 And, just for the record as I saw someone mention it earlier, my avatar is not a hint and Andrew (the character in my avatar) is not connected to my staff pet.

1. 4467
2. Metro
3. Birchii
4. Yes, Virginia
5. Still at the start

The closest thing I can fine is the definition to the number 4467: kingdom, sovereignty, dominion, reign

Also found that... Oh, and, "Birchii" is a river in Romania. cx
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me