Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Postby Atwood » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:17 pm

Mordeth wrote:
Atwood wrote:Any progress made on my hints? I'd be happy to deny or confirm a pup if it can be matched up with 3+ of them. :3 By the way, the hint chart only has three of my hints out of the six on it, and they are the three weakest ones, so you'd be best served by finding the other three, which have all been posted in this thread by me or others. Confirmation dependent on my pup having grown, of course.

hmm.. so flop eared...
and item 4467 is a grapevine (or at least a vine)
Simon wrote:
    Code: Select all
    [img]http://static.chickensmoothie.com/item/4467.jpg[/img]

Not sure if this is relevant at all but when I searched the number I found this item. Thought I would mention it even though it might not be relevant xD

Atwood wrote:
Narnian wrote:
    Image Image

Surely I can't be the only one who sees the connection between this pup and Atwood's profile pic?

That one does look a lot like Andrew, doesn't it? XD

so thats a narrowing down of things for you atwood...unless of course your pup hasnt grown.
no idea bout the 6 hints you have meant to of given, but many lead to the vine (eventually) and the flop eared thing...
the one that looks like your avatar also appears to have some greenery thing on it, but its not as pronounced as the vine capturing the hind foot...So by that logic, I believe that this one so far as possible outcomes is yours.

You're headed in the right direction, but you still have further to go before I'll confirm or deny anything other than, yes, the grapevine item is the correct answer to 4467. This post of mine lists the five real hints, named by things that will help locate the answers posted in this thread if you can spot the connections:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3173043&p=101901689&hilit=metro#p101901689

It's also worth paying closer attention to what I'm actually saying in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3173043&hilit=drop&start=3990#p101940632
Noting that this is my third staff pet to use the fully flop-eared lines (the other two using the perk-eared and point-eared lines). X3
Last edited by Atwood on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Whoops, put the same link twice by accident! XD Fixed now - thanks, acatalepsy, for catching that <3
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ciarla » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Lacuna wrote:
Solloby wrote:My puppy doesn't have orange eyes.

Neither does my dog! <3
JaylynChristina wrote:
Are there any pups with orange eyes, other than the one with the stitches?? xD

I thought that pup had yellow eyes? xD
Or are they orange?
Ciarla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:05 pm

atwood described the hints to her pup as 'ripe for the picking'... and 4467 is a grapevine...
atwood's pup will be a flop-eared grape i'm calling it now
Last edited by sicknasty on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ciarla » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:39 pm

@Lacuna
    I was wondering if you could give us a little tip or clue in how to figure out what this means..

The last mention I see of it from anyone is almost back 50 pages. So, without actually saying what it means, is there anyway you can push us in the right direction or something? There has barely been any speculations on it, besides hex codes, everyone is stumped.

Please have Mercy on your loyal subjects.
C3
F1
F2
h

You confirmed its not hex code.
    You have groups that start with - h
    Hitting F1 takes us tot he Help page | F2 renames files
    There is something called "C3 Church"

... Latterly typing in Google "What does ___ Mean?" ...
    C3, F1, F2 - Leads me to scientific stuff about Sea Cucumber
    C3 - Command, Control, and Communications
    C3 - Tha Carter III; Lil Waynes Album
    C3 - Vaccine for Pups/Dogs - aka Core
    F1 - Formula One
    F1/F2 - Crossbred dogs and designer dogs are often referred to as F1, F2, or F3
      F1 - These dogs are the result of the breeding of two purebred dogs
      F2 - Aare the offsets resulting from the mating of two F1 hybrids.
Ciarla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:47 pm

The two hints that you have foundin my signature are connected. Something in your post is on the right track.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ciarla » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Lacuna wrote:
    The two hints that you have found in my signature are connected. Something in your post is on the right track.

Thank you for replying! <3
So something I put in that post, sort of wish I put less in there now to narrow it down xD
Seriously though, thank you!
Ciarla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waggy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:22 pm

omg i suck at these things,so im just going to ..
uhm,this ones cute xdd Image TO CUTE.
waggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mordeth » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:46 pm

ok.. so continuing my atwood hunt.. :

this post is important...not sure why yet.
Atwood wrote:
acatalepsy wrote:
Amyatzu wrote:If any staff would like to send us on a long, fun scavenger hunt, then please do so. Things are going pretty slow around Staff Pet Detective co.

xxxxxUhm. By my count, we still have a good handful of clues/hints we either haven't solved or found at all lol? All four of Atwood's, at least two of Swift's, Meta's, and more. Let's figure out the already existing ones first, please? The staff has given us so many clues already and coming up with hints is actually more difficult than you'd think ;)

That's for sure! Trying to balance out the difficulty of solving the clue with the specificity of the hint it will give can be a killer - get it wrong and people either can't solve the clue at all or figure it out too quickly and ID your pet immediately off it. That being said, the clues I've put out will precisely identify my pet once it grows if you figure out the references. To make it even easier, all of the conclusions to the clues have actually been posted in this thread! ^^ They just haven't been correctly applied to identify the pet. The answers have been posted by various people, sometimes while trying to solve a clue and not knowing they had the final answer, sometimes completely oblivious that they were being ever so carefully guided into posting my clue for me, and on a couple occasions by me directly. This post could even be seen as a hint in one way, if you look in the right place. ;3 There are five clues just sitting there ripe for the picking if you look back to find them. That and the bonus clue about my using the flop-eared lines to make my dog, which, by the way, means specifically these lines, not the perk-eared lines:

GMM
Hint Chart wrote:
- In their 'Assorted Characters' group, their Rhett and Link dogs (from GMM) are named 'Rhett says "F=6"' and 'Link says 'T=2632849"'
- The numbers lead to this link viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2632849 , where the post is edited with, 'Looking for a clue? You might hear one through 4467' Looking for a clue? You might hear one through the grapevine 'Heard through the grapevine' means to learn some news unofficially (aka through gossip or rumours).

Atwood wrote:
For handy reference, here's a list of what point has been reached in solving each of my hints:
1. 4467
2. Metro
3. Birchii
4. Yes, Virginia
5. Still at the start

Oh, yeah, my handy reference. :b

also have a really weird feeling that Image is ethulai's (esp since Jack denied this one)
My Off account Adopts:
ImageImage
Mordeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coco Bunny » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Hey staff! Do you ever worry that people won't like your dog?
Coco Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JustHaru » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:18 pm

Pet's name: Bahiti
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
I think this one is Verdana's.
She mentioned in the hints her pet doesn't have purple eyes, which this one doesn't and the items for the pets seem to match this ones style. Also she added that it doesn't have a straight tail, and this one doesn't.
She didn't deny it, either. This is just a guess, to me this is the only pet so far that matches her hints.
Boop~
JustHaru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me