Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Aaah, I'm so happy to see the last blanketed pup grow! (Not counting the 'fennic fox', of course) And what a gorgeous pet it is!

I am bad at guessing so now I'm just going to sit back and watch the rest of you guys guess which staff did which staff pet.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zexalii » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Getting a Lilian Nightshade vibe!

Edit: looks like I'm late to guess XD
Last edited by Zexalii on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vector • he/it • adult
Zexalii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hamlet » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:37 pm

I knew the fox was not Lillian's! I am IN LOVE with her newest baby.
The Prince of Denmark wrote:♛ they/them
♛ butchfurby#1998
CS Discord Server
trade thread

poly | lance |bas
Hamlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inkydeer » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Keldeogirl wrote:Image

Getting a Lilian Nightshade vibe!

Absolutely. Holy crap that is one wild dog... elephant...? I love it.
I think I need more than one.

Edit: Is it/was it inspired by a baku? I'm getting a bit of a baku vibe from it.
Last edited by Inkydeer on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Inkydeer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:44 pm

Susiron wrote:
Wolven Girl wrote:
HyperPikaGirl wrote:Image

Oh my...
Well that was unexpected xD I really like it though!

I'll have to hand it to you Lillian Nightshade*, you did a really nice job!

*This is Lillian's right? ;v;

I don't think so, elephants aren't common in japanese folklore

"An early 17th-century Japanese manuscript, the Sankai Ibutsu (山海異物), describes the baku as a shy, Chinese mythical chimera with an elephant’s trunk, rhinoceros eyes, an ox tail, and tiger paws, which protected against pestilence and evil, although eating nightmares was not included among its abilities.[1] However, in a 1791 Japanese wood-block illustration, a specifically dream-destroying baku is depicted with an elephant’s head, tusks, and trunk, with horns and tiger’s claws.[4] The elephant’s head, trunk, and tusks are characteristic of baku portrayed in classical era (pre-Meiji) Japanese wood-block prints (see illustration) and in shrine, temple, and netsuke carvings.[5][6][7][8] Writing in the Meiji era, Lafcadio Hearn (1902) described a baku with very similar attributes that was also able to devour nightmares"

It doesn't match the description perfectly, but it's quite close
and the art style definitely rings of Lilian

Yes, he is a Baku... or my own creative take on it XD. Although I've always liked Yokais and their stories, I've never been a fan of the way they were shown in illustrations(both ancient and modern) because they looked a bit bland to me, too much like generic demons for my taste, if you know what I mean. So I decided to pick a yokai I liked and experiment a bit. He doesn't have a name, though. I did nickname him Fluffy Strawberry, but I feel like he should have a decent japanese name, and since I've never been a fan of japanese names I can't really come up with a good one. You're free to make suggestions if you'd like.

I found it hilarious that so many people thought the fox/maned wolf was mine, because to me the style looked completely different. Regardless I simply rolled with it for the sake of amusement XD. He did skip the pup stage, though, because unfortunately my computer crashed a while ago(I'm using my old computer right now) and I couldn't work on it... but honestly, I was already uneasy about making one in the first place. I wasn't happy with the concept sketch I had for it and usually the fun of a pup stage comes from watching the users trying to guess its artist, which isn't a possibility with my obvious style. With this, I didn't really care that much about not having a middle stage this year.
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:44 pm

Now that Lilian's finally confirmed, shall we take a look at other artists?

Coraychi wrote:Okay, so I'm just gonna sit down and try to work on an artist people haven't made many guesses on yet. Any progress is good, and at this point I feel like mods are mostly done giving hints, since the pups are going to start growing up soon! So, I've got two pups that I think might be Jadeghost's!

-snip-
Another thing is the line "keep on climbing though the ground might shake" that was found in Jade's signature in transparent text. A sort of "you can do anything, tackle the forces that go against you" sort of line.
-snip-

That's all I got for now! But I hope this helps, or maybe gets some other ideas flowing! c: Just my ideas, haha~

When I read this one line, I thought it sounded like it was from a song. Now, I've never heard this particular one, but I'm sure I've heard similar inspiring lines. So... either Jade's quote could be a regular quote...
    or... these lyrics.
    Fly - Maddie & Tae
    So keep on climbing, though the ground might shake
    Just keep on reaching though the limb might break
    We've come this far, don't you be scared now
    'Cause you can learn to fly on the way down

No one searched up Jadeghost's quote as lyrics, did they?

I have no idea what the song's referring to, but hey, maybe there's something in it.
.......I'm CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ,
...... nice to meet you.
........ImageImage........
Science nerd..........
___...............
Image Image Image Image...ImageImage
CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:47 pm

The concept sketch of the 2nd stage of the Baku pup is so adorable!!! You should have done it, Lilian. ^^
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tanniskah » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Lilian Nightshade wrote: I wasn't happy with the concept sketch I had for it and usually the fun of a pup stage comes from watching the users trying to guess its artist, which isn't a possibility with my obvious style. With this, I didn't really care that much about not having a middle stage this year.

I would kill for a PPS of that concept pup! It's so cute! :o <3
Gone G R A Y
tanniskah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:49 pm

Susiron wrote:
Wolven Girl wrote:
HyperPikaGirl wrote:Image

Oh my...
Well that was unexpected xD I really like it though!

I'll have to hand it to you Lillian Nightshade*, you did a really nice job!

*This is Lillian's right? ;v;

I don't think so, elephants aren't common in japanese folklore
Lilian Nightshade wrote:
"An early 17th-century Japanese manuscript, the Sankai Ibutsu (山海異物), describes the baku as a shy, Chinese mythical chimera with an elephant’s trunk, rhinoceros eyes, an ox tail, and tiger paws, which protected against pestilence and evil, although eating nightmares was not included among its abilities.[1] However, in a 1791 Japanese wood-block illustration, a specifically dream-destroying baku is depicted with an elephant’s head, tusks, and trunk, with horns and tiger’s claws.[4] The elephant’s head, trunk, and tusks are characteristic of baku portrayed in classical era (pre-Meiji) Japanese wood-block prints (see illustration) and in shrine, temple, and netsuke carvings.[5][6][7][8] Writing in the Meiji era, Lafcadio Hearn (1902) described a baku with very similar attributes that was also able to devour nightmares"

It doesn't match the description perfectly, but it's quite close
and the art style definitely rings of Lilian

Yes, he is a Baku... or my own creative take on it XD. Although I've always liked Yokais and their stories, I've never been a fan of the way they were shown in illustrations(both ancient and modern) because they looked a bit bland to me, too much like generic demons for my taste, if you know what I mean. So I decided to pick a yokai I liked and experiment a bit. He doesn't have a name, though. I did nickname him Fluffy Strawberry, but I feel like he should have a decent japanese name, and since I've never been a fan of japanese names I can't really come up with a good one. You're free to make suggestions if you'd like.

I found it hilarious that so many people thought the fox/maned wolf was mine, because to me the style looked completely different. Regardless I simply rolled with it for the sake of amusement XD. He did skip the pup stage, though, because unfortunately my computer crashed a while ago(I'm using my old computer right now) and I couldn't work on it... but honestly, I was already uneasy about making one in the first place. I wasn't happy with the concept sketch I had for it and usually the fun of a pup stage comes from watching the users trying to guess its artist, which isn't a possibility with my obvious style. With this, I didn't really care that much about not having a middle stage this year.

He is absolutely precious. And I shall name mine Lychee. (Japanese strawberry type thingies)

Thank you so much for this gorgeous nightmare devouring little guy. ^_^
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooshidog » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:50 pm

tanniskah wrote:
Lilian Nightshade wrote: I wasn't happy with the concept sketch I had for it and usually the fun of a pup stage comes from watching the users trying to guess its artist, which isn't a possibility with my obvious style. With this, I didn't really care that much about not having a middle stage this year.

I would kill for a PPS of that concept pup! It's so cute! :o <3

Agreed c: !
---------------------------
hi, i'm moose and i love you ♡
god, blm, pisces, 2/24/16
---------------------------
Mooshidog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes