Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Postby Swiftalu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:34 pm

A lot of people have already pointed out already, and yeah I guess you could say you caught me red handed (Haha get is because the rain cloud was red and now the fur has red...? No?)

ImageImage

These little guys are in fact my staff pup, I'm flattered you guys thought it was Chia's even if she didn't participate this year. |D I wanted to go for a painterly style this year, something that screamed my style in comparison to the puppy (Since if I did paint the pup it would be wayyy too obvious lol). Also I like making soft and fluffy thing, so kudos to some of you for spotting my style immediately.

Since you guys didn't figure out the hints, I'm going to go ahead and solve them for you. P':

Let's start with the hardest hint; the coding hint. Yes, I was very sneaky with it but it hid such a big hint if solved. xD What you needed to look for was the comments (Which were indicated by the #, as that's how you comment in Python). You needed to look for sentences that looked off; which would be all comments with a ! at the end, then take the first letter of each of those to get D L and C. Put it together with 5 and you get DLC 5. Now what could that mean? Well DLC 5 refers to a game who had their 5th DLC; Smash Bros. xD The 5th DLC was a character called Cloud, thus connects to my pup with a cloud!

The other hint that wasn't solved with my signature quote "What comes from the past is present in the future", this one is also pretty tricky. It refers to a signature I had back in 2014ish, which was a cloud signature. You can find remnants of it in my trading rules too with the cloud gif. c:

The items are a little tricky as well, the teddy bear was correctly pointed out by someone as being fluffy, the hat is for the weather (Sort of) and the butterfly was because it has cloud wings.

Then finally the 2 lies and 1 truth. The lies were my pup doesn't have edits (Which it does) and my pup doesn't use all colors (It also does, the eyes use the green while the shading is the lighter red, almost giving it a rainbow effect). The truth was that it was based on something I like; my aesthetic is clouds so I really like them. |D

So... there you have it! This is in fact my little Beatrix.

As for the butt thing... I would appreciate if you guys would stop fixating on it. I know it's criticism but with everyone fixating on it so much it's actually hurting my feelings to even look at my dog knowing that people don't like it just because of the 'flat butt' (Which by the way, was completely unintentional and I only meant to make the back fluffier). I poured my heart and soul into it so it kind of ruins it for me in a way. As many users have pointed out, a lot of animals have that flat back anyways, so I'm not sure why it's being pointed out so much but I would really like it to stop since I'm already well aware now. >.<;;

On a brighter note, I worked back and forth between detailing it on a dark BG and light BG, so against a black background the back wing actually looks kinda cool.

Last edited by Swiftalu on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swiftalu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampVixen » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Great job on the dog Swift! It's so super duper floofy and I wanna hug it forever! :D
VampVixen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EssalureLenara » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:42 pm

*mouth drops open* THE FLUFFINESS the wiiings AAA! th - I - my goodness it's just so adorable and beautiful I caaan't!!!
The painted style is the most adorable ^u^ what's its name, Swift?
Last edited by EssalureLenara on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EssalureLenara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ketoop » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:43 pm

Swiftalu wrote:
A lot of people have already pointed out already, and yeah I guess you could say you caught me red handed (Haha get is because the rain cloud was red and now the fur has red...? No?)

ImageImage

These little guys are in fact my staff pup, I'm flattered you guys thought it was Chia's even if she didn't participate this year. |D I wanted to go for a painterly style this year, something that screamed my style in comparison to the puppy (Since if I did paint the pup it would be wayyy too obvious lol). Also I like making soft and fluffy thing, so kudos to some of you for spotting my style immediately.

Since you guys didn't figure out the hints, I'm going to go ahead and solve them for you. P':

Let's start with the hardest hint; the coding hint. Yes, I was very sneaky with it but it hid such a big hint if solved. xD What you needed to look for was the comments (Which were indicated by the #, as that's how you comment in Python). You needed to look for sentences that looked off; which would be all comments with a ! at the end, then take the first letter of each of those to get D L and C. Put it together with 5 and you get DLC 5. Now what could that mean? Well DLC 5 refers to a game who had their 5th DLC; Smash Bros. xD The 5th DLC was a character called Cloud, thus connects to my pup with a cloud!

The other hint that wasn't solved with my signature quote "What comes from the past is present in the future", this one is also pretty tricky. It refers to a signature I had back in 2014ish, which was a cloud signature. You can find remnants of it in my trading rules too with the cloud gif. c:

The items are a little tricky as well, the teddy bear was correctly pointed out by someone as being fluffy, the hat is for the weather (Sort of) and the butterfly was because it has cloud wings.

Then finally the 2 lies and 1 truth. The lies were my pup doesn't have edits (Which it does) and my pup doesn't use all colors (It also does, the eyes use the green while the shading is the lighter red, almost giving it a rainbow effect). The truth was that it was based on something I like; my aesthetic is clouds so I really like them. |D

As for the butt thing... I would appreciate if you guys would stop fixating on it. I know it's criticism but with everyone fixating on it so much it's actually hurting my feelings to even look at my dog knowing that people don't like it just because of the 'flat butt' (Which by the way, was completely unintentional and I only meant to make the back fluffier). I poured my heart and soul into it so it kind of ruins it for me in a way. As many users have pointed out, a lot of animals have that flat back anyways, so I'm not sure why it's being pointed out so much but I would really like it to stop since I'm already well aware now. >.<;;

On a brighter note, I worked back and forth between detailing it on a dark BG and light BG, so against a black background the back wing actually looks kinda cool.

Oh Im sure they didn't mean to hurt you. To be honest I didn't even notice. ;)
ketoop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Resplendent » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:46 pm

ketoop wrote:
Swiftalu wrote:

ImageImage

Me neither! Who cares what they say? You did an outstanding job on your pup this year!!

Resplendent
xxxxxxxi(she/her)
x━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxartist & writer • carrd
Resplendent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby agent 48 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:47 pm

ketoop wrote:
Swiftalu wrote:

ImageImage

But I like the flat butt! It's fluffy! IT'S TOO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE OF CUDDLINESS!

*Cuddles the puppy*
I don't have much to say here, only that I love making new friends! Feel free to talk to me whenever, I'm a bit awkward though!
agent 48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sun struck » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:50 pm

I love your cloud pup!! It's so adorable!!! And who doesn't like extra fluffiness!!! If it were real I'd pay to take a picture with it!! Thanks Swiftalu, for the adorable gift that brought happiness absolutely love it!!!
sun struck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:56 pm

ketoop wrote:
Swiftalu wrote:

Whether it was meant to be hurtful or not it still can be. With a large amount of people saying how "funny looking" or "weird" it is, it can be very offputting to the artist and I know it this were my pupper and this happened I'd probably be embarrassed at everyone poking fun at it over and over. Criticism is all well and good but when it's just people going "lol flat butt" it's not really criticism. I'm sure Swiftalu is hitting themselves over not noticing it and now since everyone's pointing it out it's all they can see.

Besides it's just a weird illusion with the fluff by the hips making it seem a lot sharper than it really is.
fireflii. wrote:So I made an overlay with a regular lines so we can finally put this to rest. :P

Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palimpsest » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Just dropping in to say I love tonight's staff growth! I will never stop loving anything fluffy, and I just adore the rain and cloud theme, to where the tips of wings even begin to resemble a sort of rainbow in the clouds. Although I suppose I'm a bit biased- I do so adore the theme of the clouds and the sky. I also adore how the second wing is placed in the background, and how the pallet was used in such a soft way with the selection of pretty designs.

Good job to... Swiftalu, was it? Ah, that would explain the fluffiness. I can't wait to obtain a second so it can enter one of my favorites groups instead of just hanging out in the staff pup groups ^^

Although, one thing. Why Beatrix?
Last edited by Palimpsest on Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Palimpsest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Swiftalu wrote:

ImageImage

I love the little guy, Swift! The tail looks so soft, and the wings are so pretty!

I can't wait for mine to grow :3
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups