Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Postby Shobits » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:37 am

Haven't seen much guessing today. It's mostly a rehash of things that have already been mentioned, but here's a few rapid fire small and to the point guesses.

Bently - Image Crumbs hint. "Go find my crumbs" and "my love of pie" This isn't a spa pup and those aren't cucumbers, this pup dove face first into some key lime.
Berkshire - Image The green nose in the dress up is the "little"est thing there.
Bernouli - Image or Image - Similar to past Staff in that they have bob tails, pointy ears, and are mostly one color.
Saikiyo - Image The name could possibly be Tyton - brings to mind barn owls. "may be a chicken" owls aren't chickens.
Schuyler - Image "Follows a logical progression as it grows" - a phoenix maybe? Which would make the pup a "pretty bird" Eyes do not match the pallet. "You're getting warmer" "Wandering sun." AND when I originally posted this theory, Schuyler made an edit reading "Hmm ..."

Not much to go on really, but maybe someone new will see this and come up with more connections.
My birthday is April 26th ^-^
Shobits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:47 am

Shobits wrote:Haven't seen much guessing today. It's mostly a rehash of things that have already been mentioned, but here's a few rapid fire small and to the point guesses.

Bently - Image Crumbs hint. "Go find my crumbs" and "my love of pie" This isn't a spa pup and those aren't cucumbers, this pup dove face first into some key lime.

That's a popular theory. I wonder how right it is?
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 am

Shobits wrote:Schuyler - Image "Follows a logical progression as it grows" - a phoenix maybe? Which would make the pup a "pretty bird" Eyes do not match the pallet. "You're getting warmer" "Wandering sun." AND when I originally posted this theory, Schuyler made an edit reading "Hmm ..."

A lot of you seem to think this one is mine. Has anyone been able to connect it to the rest of my hints so I can give a confirmationor denial? c; It's gotten a bit buried, but here's all the info you need --> viewtopic.php?p=102005201#p102005201
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:05 am

Hmm...I'll take a crack at it:

I stand out from the rest of my litter in a way that might not be obvious from my pup stage
[i]The pup is not editted majorly, however, there is a big ball of fire infront of it, making it stand out alittle more then usual, and as a pup, it may stand out entirely.

"Pretty bird"
if this one is based off a pheonix, then the pretty bird statement is obvious.

"An aspect of my dog follows a logical progression as it grows"
The fire ball could progress more, similar to how schyuler's markings tend to develop into actual things.

"The reds and oranges were my favorite colors in the palette this year. They remind me of fire!"
This pup not only follows the fiery colors from the palette, but it is literally on fire.

"My dog's eye color doesn't match the palette"
This dogs are are green, but there has been a few times where the dogs eye colors change when going from pup to adult. And schyuler only says Dog, referring to their adult, so this could be the chase.

"Perhaps the wandering sun could help"
This one is a bit tricky to match up. But a pheonix is considered the emissary to the sun itself and it does wander from place to place.

∞|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|∞

>ImageImageImage<
>Personal ryka collection<
>ImageImage<
∞|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|∞
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EssalureLenara » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:08 am

Shobits wrote:Haven't seen much guessing today. It's mostly a rehash of things that have already been mentioned, but here's a few rapid fire small and to the point guesses.

You know, I didn't believe that theory at all at first, but now looking closer at the thing on the pup's eye, it DOES look a bit more like a lime slice than a cucumber. The only strange thing is that key lime pie is a lot lighter than that shade of green - it's actually kind of like the pale yellow in the palette, so I'd expect the artist would have used that instead. But that could be overlooked, and the stuff on the pup's face is pretty messy (all over its paws and a bit on its chest) to be a spa treatment...
EssalureLenara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shobits » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:47 am

With Schuyler's reply and coming up with more evidence... I now have a new theory for Schuyler... Not the fireball pup. The snake Dog.

"Pretty bird" - A long shot yes, but there are feathers on the snake dog.

"An aspect of my dog follows a logical progression as it grows" This one's tricky... But after looking up some things about snakes, particularly the smooth green snake it can be born brown and then turns green after its first shed.

"The reds and oranges were my favorite colors in the palette this year. They remind me of fire!" - While the snake dog lacks these colors, you never said you used them, just that they are favorites.

"My dog's eye color doesn't match the palette" - FALSE your dog's eyes are closed.

"Perhaps the wandering sun could help" - This doesn't count towards the nine. You said this is not a real hint.

"I stand out from the rest of my litter in a way that might not be obvious from my pup stage" - umm quick edit here, the smooth lines? The usage of green as a major part?

*Slithers in and wrings hands mischievously* Heh heh heh, time to have some more fun. :twisted: Any clever detectives hereabouts? I sure hope so! - Snakes slither

Green dog fanart? - Your dog is green

"No rats here" - Snakes eat rats

Pssst ... Don't tell anyone this just yet, but the pup that grew today might or might notbe mine. Y'all can keep a secret, right? - It grew on that day.
My birthday is April 26th ^-^
Shobits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Villalobos » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:01 am

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and ask...
Pet's name: Macarthur
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie! <-- Is this your Pup Schuyler?

Schuyler wrote:*Slithers in and wrings hands mischievously* Heh heh heh, time to have some more fun. :twisted: Any clever detectives hereabouts? I sure hope so!

Bubble_Tea wrote:"No rats here"
Maybe I'm a bit late on the thread, but that's in Schuyler's sig now.

You say a lot that refers to snakes in these ^ Cause Snakes 'Slither' and they eat rats... So do birds but never mind that

"Pretty bird" Could be referring to the feathers on the pup rather than an actual bird.

"An aspect of my dog follows a logical progression as it grows" Well there are still strips from the pup stage on the full grown stage, so it evolved into part of the snake that is coiled around the dog?

"I stand out from the rest of my litter in a way that might not be obvious from my pup stage" So far this one has much more green than the others

I'm not sure about the other hints though .-.
Villalobos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:06 am

So I decided to tackle Schuyler's. I also think it's actually the snake dog for the reasons below.

First, I numbered all nine hints. The red ones are the ones I believe to be false.

1. *Slithers in and wrings hands mischievously* Heh heh heh, etc.
Snakes slither

2. "now my design will practically have my name written all over when it grows!"
I believe this is a play on the name "Schuyler" and how it has a strong "ssss" sound at the beginning (common to the sound given to snakes).

3. "No rats here" in signature
Snakes eat rats

4. Pssst ... Don't tell anyone this just yet, but the pup that grew today might or might not be mine. Y'all can keep a secret, right? I know you can, BABFCABEE!
-------> BABFCABEE = 21261255, which leads to http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=212631255. The name of that pet WAS (not removed) v=jofNR_WkoCE which is a YouTube video code that plays the song "What Does the Fox Say?"

I believe this is to mislead us to thinking the blanket pup was theirs.

5. "pretty bird"
Dog has feathers on it. AND that leads me to believe the pet is actually supposed to be a quetzalcoatl, an aztec god represented by a flying serpent. The red outlines and design actually looks somewhat Aztec-inspired (or if you'd prefer, somewhat "tribal-esque").

6. "an aspect of my dog follows a logical progression as it grows ... Make of that what you will."
Tough, but I'd agree with Shobit's or Vilalobo's analysis on this. Snakes often change colors as they grow (in layman's terms of science, the constant shedding as they grow causes pigment to be lost), and they do get longer/thicker as they grow. If not that, the actual appearance of the snake marking itself could represent the growth.

7. "Fun fact 'bout Schuyler: I have to say the reds and the orange were probably my favorite colors in the palette this year. They remind me of fire! :)"
-------> "No comment" (in response to "so we can safely say we might not see a ton of green in your pup ;)"

Another misleading hint that hints toward the phoenix pup

8. "My dog's eye color does not match the palette."
Because the eyes are closed

9. "103 & 2453783 - This by itself is not a hint, but rather the first step to finding a biggie. Stumped? Well, you could always try looking up for a start. Or should I say an end? Anyway, good luck!"
-------> "#10641334 says you're getting warmer!"
-------> http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=10641334 pet name says "Looking for a hint? Perhaps (12139408)"
-------> http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=12139408 pet name says "the wandering sun could help? (11175608)"
-------> http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=11175608 pet name says "Remember, the universe is rarely so lazy"
-------> "wandering sun" is not a reference to any anime" [pg. 412]
-------> "I stand out from the rest of my litter in a way that might not be obvious from my pup stage" [unscrambled, found as transparent text in Wandering Sun page on their OC Weebly]

I think this also refers to the fact that the eyes are closed, which makes it stand out.

-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:43 am

Great theory, fireflii! (And Shobits & Villalobos, but you were missing some hints. ;P) Some of your connections are different from what I had in mind, but you did use everything and correctly identified the two false hints, so I will confirm ... The "snake dog" is mine!

Yep, I made this little guy. For those of you wanting to know the story behind it, well ... I sat down with the palette and started doodling. Some hours later, I had this creature sitting in front of me. I wish I had an amazing story to tell you all, but I'm afraid that's really all there was to it. ^^" I think I started with the feathers, then drew the bands around the body, and then the snake theme kind of just clicked into place after that. It's not inspired by or meant to represent anything specific, though I like the connection some people made to native American art. That wasn't actually intentional, but I guess it does have that kind of look, doesn't it? :)

Now onto the hints:

1. "Slithers in and wrings hands mischievously" - Self-explanatory. Most people disregarded this as me just playing around, just as I had hoped, but nope, it was a hint. :P
  2. "Dang it, now my design will practically have my name written all over when it grows!" - Again, a subtle little hint that went completely unnoticed but could have actually given my pup away very quickly, had anyone taken it seriously and done some careful inspecting.
      Believe it or not, this is a 100% literal hint: my pup did indeed have my name written on it, so to speak! Anyone find it? You'll have to look very carefully!
  3. "No rats here" - Fourteenfears was the first to discover what this was referencing, but I don't think anyone really looked into it at the time. The reference is to the Deltora Quest book "City of the Rats", in which the monster at the end is a giant serpent. A fantastic book series -- I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't already!
  4. "I know you can, BABFCABEE!" - This was one of the red herrings. A short quest that led to the "What Does the Fox Say?" music video and nothing more. :P
  5. "Pretty bird" - Self-explanatory, reference to the feathers.
  6. "An aspect of my dog follows a logical progression as it grows" - Referring to the colors, the logical part being that the color changes from pup to adult had a method to them. I hate having to recreate the final design, which I draw first, on the pup, so this time I decided to mix things up: I took each color on the adult and used the next color on the palette for the markings on the pup. So dark red markings became light red, orange became yellow, yellow became green, and so on. Then after all that was done, I rationalized it as being like a snake shedding its skin and growing a new one with different colors. :P
  7. "I have to say the reds and orange were probably my favorite colors in the palette this year. They remind me of fire!" - The second red herring. A completely true "fun fact", but perhaps slightly misleading if you jump to conclusions and try to apply the statement to my dog. ;)
  8. "My dog's eye color does not match the palette." - Again a little misleading, but I like to picture the dog as having yellow eyes when open!
  9. "I stand out from the rest of my litter in a way that might not be obvious from my pup stage." - I was referring to the fact that my dog uses green as the main base with the reds/orange/cream as accents, unlike the other designs we've seen so far. That was not intentional in any way (mine was actually the first one made, so I had no idea what the others would look like!), but it turned out to be a key identifying factor in the end. ^^
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coco Bunny » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:45 am

Schuyler wrote:
Great theory, fireflii! (And Shobits & Villalobos, but you were missing some hints. ;P) Some of your connections are different from what I had in mind, but you did use everything and correctly identified the two false hints, so I will confirm ... The "snake dog" is mine!

-Snip-

Ahh, awesome dog Schuyler! I am now searching for your name on it, haha

Edit: is it.... the smudged line of black under one of its paws?
Coco Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me