Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion Thread

Postby Jadeghost » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:08 am

ErulasseAranel wrote:
Jadeghost wrote:
alright, I've been pretty cryptic, and I knew I would be pretty easy to figure out anyways, so I guess it's time for me to fess up.

Image------------------->Image

Meet Lysandra!
I was surprised to see that more people were guessing me from my pup rather than my adult. I designed the pup rather quickly, and didn't really give any thought to how it might be obvious it was mine based on the markings I seem to like. I think the adult threw people off because I was indeed more adventurous this year, and tried my hand at serious line edits for the first time.
There was some criticism surrounding the wings, and even now I know they aren't perfect. I completely redid them several times and got some much needed help from Swiftalu, but you all have to remember that I'm not an artist and it took me 3 years of staff dogs to even attempt line edits like this. I'm quite proud with how they ended up turning out, and this might be my favorite staff dog design yet. I'm quite flattered with how many people seemed to like her as she is!
As for my hints, I know I didn't drop many. I tried to think of a creative riddle for you all to solve, but school has been taking up a lot of my time, and I'm also still in the process of moving. The TRUE theme of surrounding the design is "freedom." No one seemed to comment on what the flowers actually were, and they were yellow tulips, a flower said to have a very strong connection with freedom. The wings were also based off of eagle's wings. Again, I didn't really expect anyone to figure that out without hints, but you all were solving much harder hints every day so I wondered if anyone would ever catch on. The lyrics I hinted at referred to both the wings and the theme of freedom.
He name "Lysandra" means 'one who has been freed.' Again, surprised that wasn't caught on to, but the name isn't a common one and can have several meanings depending on how you look at it.

I love her! Such a pretty name, and a lovely design as well ^u^ (also tulips are one of my favorite flowers). Does she have any kind of backstory?

Unfortunately I don't have any time to write a story, and there really isn't one to begin with. The significance of the theme is pretty personal to me and I don't really want to get into it here, so just know that's she's pretty special regardless!
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:41 am

I love your pup, Jadeghost! So well done.

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:22 am

Jadeghost wrote:
alright, I've been pretty cryptic, and I knew I would be pretty easy to figure out anyways, so I guess it's time for me to fess up.

Image------------------->Image

Meet Lysandra!
I was surprised to see that more people were guessing me from my pup rather than my adult. I designed the pup rather quickly, and didn't really give any thought to how it might be obvious it was mine based on the markings I seem to like. I think the adult threw people off because I was indeed more adventurous this year, and tried my hand at serious line edits for the first time.
There was some criticism surrounding the wings, and even now I know they aren't perfect. I completely redid them several times and got some much needed help from Swiftalu, but you all have to remember that I'm not an artist and it took me 3 years of staff dogs to even attempt line edits like this. I'm quite proud with how they ended up turning out, and this might be my favorite staff dog design yet. I'm quite flattered with how many people seemed to like her as she is!
As for my hints, I know I didn't drop many. I tried to think of a creative riddle for you all to solve, but school has been taking up a lot of my time, and I'm also still in the process of moving. The TRUE theme of surrounding the design is "freedom." No one seemed to comment on what the flowers actually were, and they were yellow tulips, a flower said to have a very strong connection with freedom. The wings were also based off of eagle's wings. Again, I didn't really expect anyone to figure that out without hints, but you all were solving much harder hints every day so I wondered if anyone would ever catch on. The lyrics I hinted at referred to both the wings and the theme of freedom.
He name "Lysandra" means 'one who has been freed.' Again, surprised that wasn't caught on to, but the name isn't a common one and can have several meanings depending on how you look at it.

yay I was right :D I love her, she's so pretty! <3

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby changewillcome » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:46 am

Guys, I've noticed that the Vine Dog kind of resembles a cardinal. So, my theory is that it is the dog of either A) a staff who lives in one of the states represented by the cardinal (e.g Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, ect.) or b) a staff member with a particilar attraction to birds. Any ideas?
changewillcome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby changbin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:03 am

I've never noticed, but this reminds me of Undyne from Undertale.

1)The wisp on top of her head reminds me of Undyne's ponytail.
2) The armor reminds me of Undyne's.
3) Undyne loves anime a lot, so that's probably why she has the anime outfit in her newborn stages???

I have no idea cx

mikey | he/they | isfp-t | queer
professional lover of wolfie <33
<3 space ace big cat father bug
changbin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ʟᴏʟʙɪᴛ » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:07 am

janiel wrote:

3) Undyne loves anime a lot, so that's probably why she has the anime outfit in her newborn stages???

I have no idea cx

oh wow, i never realized that!
    Just give her fins and BOOM undyne
Last edited by [ᴋʀɪꜱ - ᴛʜᴇʏ/ᴛʜᴇᴍ] on December 18th, 2022, 1:06 pm, edited ∞ times in total.
Reason: haha grandpa go brrr

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

xImage

GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!
You're not dropping this beat on OUR turf!
ʟᴏʟʙɪᴛ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:23 am

Sorry but I have no clue who Undyne is xD
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hamlet » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:29 am

Vampiric wrote:Sorry but I have no clue who Undyne is xD

From the popular RPG "Undertale". Not much into the fandom but a very good game concept wise.
The Prince of Denmark wrote:♛ they/them
♛ butchfurby#1998
CS Discord Server
trade thread

poly | lance |bas
Hamlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:41 am

-Shenzi- wrote:

From the popular RPG "Undertale". Not much into the fandom but a very good game concept wise.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Welp, it's not based on whoever that is.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolven Girl » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:46 am

janiel wrote:

I have no idea cx

I already pointed this out a while ago

@Vampiric, I hope you're joking
FLOOGLE

Wolven Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups