Staff Litter Discussion Thread 2017

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion Thread 2017

Postby Saikiyo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Yeah, tonight's is mine ^^

A quick run through of hints:

The missing eyes is a reference to how button eyes on dolls are likely to pop off if they're played with too much (like on a child's adventure). However they are easy to sew back on. She's not missing her eyes, she probably has new ones (but he has them closed so you can't see)

The tail isn't like my other staff dogs as it's the only one without edits.

Kids will often replace or forget about old toys when they get a new one or they get older. Which is 2 hints (sad story and 'loved me when I was young)

And for my other hobbies, that was to throw you off. However you now know about my other hobbies and I plan on never repeating a theme for staff litters.

And I'll give a run down on the similarities to my other staffies when I'm not on my phone
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gwyneira » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:24 pm

She is so pretty, but in a sad, neglected sort of way.
While Vampiric's doll was unsettling and creepy, this one didn't scare me. She seems like an old, well-loved toy that was outgrown and tossed aside. It makes me want to know her story. Does she have a name, by any chance?

Edit: It makes me happy that she is full grown. While I really like Vampiric's and the final outcome was very well done, it's kind of nice knowing that this one isn't going to lift up her eyelids and give us another fright.
Last edited by Gwyneira on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
Gwyneira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soupy. » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Gwyneira wrote:She is so pretty, but in a sad, neglected sort of way.
While Vampiric's doll was unsettling and creepy, this one didn't scare me. She seems like an old, well-loved toy that was outgrown and tossed aside. It makes me want to know her story. Does she have a name, by any chance?

I agree. She does seem like she was a childs favorite toy until the kid became a teenager. Now she's lonely, and depressed...
[ Corvus ]
[ They / Them ]
[ Bisexual ]

Image Image
soupy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boostafur8069 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:31 pm

☻Potato☻ wrote:
Gwyneira wrote:She is so pretty, but in a sad, neglected sort of way.

I agree. She does seem like she was a childs favorite toy until the kid became a teenager. Now she's lonely, and depressed...

I wasn't a fan of the pup stage but I LOVE HER! She is gorgeous and i love all the details and the style of shading and the textures...
Boostafur8069

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Usually, I very strongly dislike dogs with clothing/human features, but this girl is gorgeous. Nice work!
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avianahelena » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Bentley wrote:I'm so glad Aidan has been so well-received. <3 Like, I don't think any of you guys know how much it means to me.

I hope you never had any doubts that he would be. He's gorgeous!
He was my favorite pup to be honest (with Theodore and Pumpernickel neck-and-neck just behind him), and easily top three so far as an adult.

Saikiyo wrote: -snip-
And for my other hobbies, that was to throw you off. However you now know about my other hobbies and I plan on never repeating a theme for staff litters.

And I'll give a run down on the similarities to my other staffies when I'm not on my phone

Yeah...I'm probably not the only person to completely ignore that attempted misdirect because of how many other artists claimed their pup wasn't their usual style and then it turned out that it totally was... but I actually logged on tonight to ask if Saikiyo had claimed their "Renaissance painting dog" so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say this pup is based on both sewing AND painting, right?

☻Potato☻ wrote:I agree. She does seem like she was a childs favorite toy until the kid became a teenager. Now she's lonely, and depressed...

She looks more peaceful than lonely to me. As if she knows her work is done and is content with her place of honor on the dresser. "They loved me when I was young" sounds pretty melancholy but for my own peace of mind I'm choosing to interpret it as a nostalgic and/or explanatory statement rather than a wistful one!

So many amazing pups grown and I still can't wait for the others. <3

I just want to snuggle up in a pile with Aidan and Theodore and Pumpernickel.
And brush Gelata's hair. (I don't dare touch Kalina's!)
And cuddle Lucille and tell her how adorable and perfect she is.
And play with Royan's tail. :lol:
And and and
aaah
Listen guys, you do not want me to be the one to make a group portrait of these delightful doggos okay? I will mess it up. But someone MUST.
I like bananas. Bananas are good.

All the introverts in the Apple cabin are stressed out by being with so many other introverts! Avianahelena helps move some sleeping bags out to sleep beneath the stars.
Avianahelena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shobits » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Loving tonight's pet, especially the textures! How soft and painted it looks, but still such a doll <3<3

Also,... I'm sorry... I just had to.

My birthday is April 26th ^-^
Shobits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coraychi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:30 pm

OMG, what a gorgeous pup!
I also seem to have missed the pup before tonights, but they're both beautiful!! ;o;
I love this litter, so many lovely outcomes <33

#BlackLivesMatter ✊

Hey, I'm Erin!
You can call me Cora, if you prefer.
I've been on CS since 2009 but my activity is very on-and-off. I mostly hang around to adopt monthly pets and participate in a couple forum games! If you wanna chat, feel free to message me, but know that I'm pretty slow to reply most of the time!
Coraychi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tomura » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Shobits wrote:Loving tonight's pet, especially the textures! How soft and painted it looks, but still such a doll <3<3

Also,... I'm sorry... I just had to.

Oh gosh, I cannot unsee the face now. XD

--

On a similar note, I really love this outcome! Saikiyo did a really good job on this dog, I think I may even add it to my favorite staff pets group! <3
I finally changed my profile, happy now?
Tomura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:36 pm

So the last remaining pup belongs to Bernouli. Love the wood theme.
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me