GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion Thread 2018

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Celozon wrote:

Guess I should say a little about the inspiration behind mine as well! I suppose to put it simply, I've really fallen in love with reptiles over the past years. I mean, I've always liked them, but I just really started to appreciate them and realize how awesome they are more and more over the years. One thing I've really set my heart on is eventually getting a lizard. Unfortunately, not something I can do in my current situation, but something I hope can happen in the near future.

So, my cat was really meant as an expression of my love of reptiles. My cat isn't meant to be any specific reptile, just reptilian in nature, using a few aspects of different reptiles. Particularly, the tail is based off of an alligator tail, and the eye is based off of eyes like this one (warning that this is a close-up of a lizard eye, for those not keen on seeing that type of thing)

And as for the little guy sitting on their back, for those who may not recognize it, thats a blue-tounged skink! Its actually the type of lizard I want to get, to be specific, it is the northern variety. When I saw how well the pallet reflected the coloring of a northern blue-tounged skink, I knew I needed to include it (and hopefully I did it justice!).

But mostly, I wanted this cat to share something I enjoy with you guys ^^

Also, have a bonus sketch I made earlier ouo/

It's soooooo cute!!! ;A;
I've never hoarded a GH cat before, but I feel like I might have to now. Blue-tongue skinks are one of my favorite reptiles (behind leopard geckos of course), and I love that the kitten looks a bit like a crocodile/alligator. ;u;

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the folly of man » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:18 pm

this whole litter is amazing!

a handful of different designs, all made on a single base (with some line edits), with one color palette, and they each look totally unique!

great job, GHs! :'o I look forward to next year!

let's just give a little round of applause //claps//
★ the folly of man ★
folly/skelly/bazil ☻ it/any genderfluid ☻ adult

ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxM

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

hi i'm folly i like to draw and stuff. not super active here
outside of adopting pets, but i do use oekaki sometimes !
i'm kind of forgetful so please don't be scared to PM me
if you think i've forgotten anything i owe you! ^_^

ImageImage
ImageImage
pfp by my buddy jonah hi oomfie
the folly of man

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CandyCorn. » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:18 pm

Has every one of them been found out?
iv quit
CandyCorn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endermiss » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Celozon wrote:

-snip-
Particularly, the tail is based off of an alligator tail, and the eye is based off of eyes like this one (warning that this is a close-up of a lizard eye, for those not keen on seeing that type of thing)
-snip-

Is that a Tokay Gecko?!?! I love those things! I'm so glad that you decided to share your love of reptiles with us Cel! As a reptile owner (African Fat-Tail Gecko & Crested Gecko) this is so cute! I wish CS had more reptile pets as is, but chameleons will have to make do.
I gotta ask... what's your dream reptile
endermiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:26 pm

edgy cat of DOOM wrote:this whole litter is amazing!

a handful of different designs, all made on a single base (with some line edits), with one color palette, and they each look totally unique!

great job, GHs! :'o I look forward to next year!

let's just give a little round of applause //claps//

agreed on that! :D
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Artisan-Fox wrote:Has every one of them been found out?

I believe so.

Technically, we shouldn’t know about Taqlikic’s final form yet, but it was accidentally revealed.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:23 pm

I just wanted to say thanks again for everyone's kind comments! I'm overjoyed that you all like my cat ;w; Never gonna count out the plain kittens again are you. It really means a lot to me though, thank you all so much <3

Birb wrote:
    Oh my gosh, I simply adore this design! I've been wanting more reptile plushies on CS for a while now, so having a built-in skink friend is awesome! Especially the tiny little blep, and the design of the cat themself. The small fang sticking out is super cute, and I love the "scaly" edits too. Great job on this design!

All the reptiles please!! Scaly friends should have love too <3

firestar123456789 wrote:the 4 pps kittens we have got are the top 4 kittens I really wanted to see as adults ;-; WHY MY LUCK :lol:

Honestly considered doing an adult, especially after finding out several others wanted to do PPS (I think this is the most PPS out of any GH or staff litter?), but I was pretty set on it, and I think it worked better on the teen than it would have on the adult, at least for this.

Artisan-Fox wrote:Has every one of them been found out?

Yup, all grown except Lucky's, all in the archives except Lucky's and mine, and I believe they have all been claimed. Not sure if Alpha officially claimed theirs or not, but, process of elimination.

endermiss wrote:
Celozon wrote:

-snip-
Particularly, the tail is based off of an alligator tail, and the eye is based off of eyes like this one (warning that this is a close-up of a lizard eye, for those not keen on seeing that type of thing)
-snip-

Is that a Tokay Gecko?!?! I love those things! I'm so glad that you decided to share your love of reptiles with us Cel! As a reptile owner (African Fat-Tail Gecko & Crested Gecko) this is so cute! I wish CS had more reptile pets as is, but chameleons will have to make do.
I gotta ask... what's your dream reptile

Not entirely sure, but it does look like that species does have eyes like that so I'd say it probably is aha

A while back I was doing some research on what kind of lizard I might get when I could get one, and I actually looked at geckos first because, I mean who doesn't love gecko they are super rad! But had to kinda narrow down the list and wanted what I started with to be awake during the day, and most geckos are nocturnal. Eventually I found blue-tounged skinks and kinda fell in love with them c': So thats what I'm planning on getting first, but honestly, I want to get a gecko too, so it'll happen eventually, though havn't decided which I'd like to get.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Celozon wrote:Not entirely sure, but it does look like that species does have eyes like that so I'd say it probably is aha

A while back I was doing some research on what kind of lizard I might get when I could get one, and I actually looked at geckos first because, I mean who doesn't love gecko they are super rad! But had to kinda narrow down the list and wanted what I started with to be awake during the day, and most geckos are nocturnal. Eventually I found blue-tounged skinks and kinda fell in love with them c': So thats what I'm planning on getting first, but honestly, I want to get a gecko too, so it'll happen eventually, though havn't decided which I'd like to get.

I might be biased, but leopard geckos are pretty awesome. I have one myself, he's a tangerine morph named Sobek, and he's just the coolest little dude. They have big personalities and are honestly just really fun to watch. Plus they have cute fat little tails and who doesn't love that? <3

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CandyCorn. » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pm

AAaaaa It is kind of sad :( This was a LOT of fun!! I only joined this month an CS is like the ultimate game ever!!
Attachments
Skink.png
Posting the Blep-Skink art again!!
Skink.png (3.26 KiB) Viewed 85 times
iv quit
CandyCorn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Artisan-Fox wrote:AAaaaa It is kind of sad :( This was a LOT of fun!! I only joined this month an CS is like the ultimate game ever!!

this is about my 4th month since being here and i totally agree! :D

Just out of random curiosity, have the GH litters from past years been other species before? :)
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me