Staff Litter 2019 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter 2019 Discussion Thread

Postby General Chaos » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:37 am

≛☣ General Chaos ☣≛ wrote:
GatheringRosesInSnow wrote:
≛☣ General Chaos ☣≛ wrote:
Now for my second quess on Yugi's pet and why...

The "someone close to my heart" hint yugi dropped got me.
Yugi's signature has a heart in it, if you click on it, it brings you to another profile. Click on the triangle in their sig and its this image leading me to believe full heartadly that this pet has to do with koi fish.

Which explains this picture (the fish) and this picture (the waterfall,) and if you look at koi pond they tend to have something like this. which explains the lyrics "We played hide and seek in waterfalls
We were younger, we were younger
We played hide and seek in waterfalls
We were younger, we were younger" in the song. Koi hide under those waterfall things.

Adding onto this

I did a little more research on koi - color meaning and stories.
Fun fact, the color of Koi have meaning. A red or orange koi is a symbol for the mother of the family, and a red or pink koi is a symbol for a daughter. Red koi can also symbolize power and bravery, both common associations with the color red. Red is also connected with intense love. Is this important? Possibly.

I also decided to reverse search the koi image - which brought me here.
'The koi symbolizes strength and bravery. The fish is closely connected to the dragon, because there’s a legend about koi swimming up the Yellow River in China, passing through the rapids known as the “Dragon’s Gate,” and turning into a dragon.'

Im wondering if the wording in the tattoo has any meanin - but cant find anything on what it says.
So with what ive found, i believe that this is Yugi's pup.

It has a white underbelly, much like a koi would have and spots on its feet like they would have on their fins.
The orange/red line symbolises the Yellow river in China (hence the hint about the country,) and possibly the red of the koi in the tattoo.The back looks like it has a star like design on it, symbolises when the koi finally reaches the top of the river and assends into a dragon.

have just been reading up, the writing appears to be the tatooist's mark/signature, (as it's the same as on the character's friend's tattoo as well) - quite an interesting read too, as with the Rugby World cup going on was interested to learn a little more about the cultural taboos about Japanese ink :) - I don't think the inked name has any bearing on the design though going by what Yugi inferred in a couple of responses to our guesses though :)

(edits again) takes another peek at the pup and wonders - I'm used to thinking of Chinese dragons, so the comment I was just reading about the Japanese dragon having THREE claws rather just came to mind. The pup has three cleanly outlined toes and well if it's going to transform into a koidragon :D ...

Also looking at the picture of the koi more closely...is it just me or does it have triangle markings on its gills much like the pup does on its face...? Hmmmm.

Reposting this so it doesnt get lost. ^^

ღ trades welcome
ღ probably reading

General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:05 pm

LufikER wrote:
very cute star darling! ♥ ^-^

Oh.my.dog
I love this.

The staff pets this year are way beyond expectation
That Shadow effect is really cool, it’d be fun to see it used again.
Last edited by Gizmutt on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:05 pm

Aaaaa heck that's so adorable! ^^

Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:09 pm

Omnomnom star :3
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:12 pm

LufikER wrote:
very cute star darling! ♥ ^-^

This is very adorable! Wonder what flavor the star is.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:25 pm

So, as you already know, my pup is called Nova. She is kinda based on a species I'm creating for a fantasy novel so for obvious reasons I'm not going to go too in-depth with her story here ^^

┌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌┐
Similar to other dogs like her, Nova's task is to return stars to the sky when they have fallen to Earth.

When Nova was a pup, one particular star fell from the sky. Unfortunately, this star could not be easily returned to its home.
Nova was still too young to fulfill her tasks, and other complications meant she was the only one of the star-dogs left on
Earth. She promised to help the star get back home as soon as she was able to. Since then, the two became inseperable.

Nova and the star developed a companionship; so much so that when Nova finally became an adult and could help the star get
home, it chose to stay with her instead.

For many years after, the two worked together to return more and more stars than any star-dog before. All the while, Nova's
promise to the star remained unfullfilled (a fact that she continued reminding it of as the years went by).

Eventually though, the star did agree to let Nova help it return home; with the promise that they would find each other again
one day. With the star safely returned, the two parted ways knowing that they would eventually reunite.

└╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌┘

Nova went through so many design changes over the time that I was creating her that it started getting ridiculous lol. There were about 3 or 4 different versions that got more and more wacky each time. Eventually I decided on a more 'simple but effective' approach. With that in mind, this Nova was born c:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:30 pm

Vampiric wrote:Omnomnom star :3

Found. this

Vampiric wrote:
The herd wrote:Just as the new morning light began to stream through the windows of the sleeping quarters, we were awoken by the sound of running. Like.. very loud, trembling running. Akin to when a herd of animals moves as one.

We practically ejected ourselves from ou beds in haphazard fashion, catching glimpses of what was happening outside as we got our suits on to go outside. By the time we made it outside, the noise had subsided but the source still remained.

We could not count them all, but I would estimate well over 100 of the creatures. They were divided between wandering the beach and drinking from the water. This was curious to us, naturally, as we had spent days testing water samples and found that its chemical composition would most definitely be unsafe for us to consume. The scent of the water alone reminded us of cosmic sulphurs, and just a tiny dab of it to the tongue made Mal wretch and swiftly throw up.

But more importantly, these were the same creatures that I had spotted on few occasions before.. though at the time it was only a lone specimen running to and fro. Perhaps a scout? A messenger? The limbs of what I presume to be the adults are much longer compared to the juveniles within the group. I suspect this a genetic growth adaptation at this time, for whatever reason.

The colouration on these animals appears to give them little to no disguise above ground, at least in this area.. but perhaps beneath the waves it would work. Can they can swim? Would they be able to swim well with their anatomy?

Even without swimming through, they seem keenly interested on the shoreline.. they refused to leave the area all day, and even slept in communal groups at random intervals.

I want to get closer to them..

I’m still leaning towards this being Vampiric’s pup if the narrator is not what we are looking for.

And nice story to go with such an adorable pup Dama! ❤️

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KryativeLotus » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:08 pm

catmother456 wrote:
Vampiric wrote:Omnomnom star :3

Found. this

Vampiric wrote:
The herd wrote:Just as the new morning light began to stream through the windows of the sleeping quarters, we were awoken by the sound of running. Like.. very loud, trembling running. Akin to when a herd of animals moves as one.

We practically ejected ourselves from ou beds in haphazard fashion, catching glimpses of what was happening outside as we got our suits on to go outside. By the time we made it outside, the noise had subsided but the source still remained.

We could not count them all, but I would estimate well over 100 of the creatures. They were divided between wandering the beach and drinking from the water. This was curious to us, naturally, as we had spent days testing water samples and found that its chemical composition would most definitely be unsafe for us to consume. The scent of the water alone reminded us of cosmic sulphurs, and just a tiny dab of it to the tongue made Mal wretch and swiftly throw up.

But more importantly, these were the same creatures that I had spotted on few occasions before.. though at the time it was only a lone specimen running to and fro. Perhaps a scout? A messenger? The limbs of what I presume to be the adults are much longer compared to the juveniles within the group. I suspect this a genetic growth adaptation at this time, for whatever reason.

The colouration on these animals appears to give them little to no disguise above ground, at least in this area.. but perhaps beneath the waves it would work. Can they can swim? Would they be able to swim well with their anatomy?

Even without swimming through, they seem keenly interested on the shoreline.. they refused to leave the area all day, and even slept in communal groups at random intervals.

I want to get closer to them..

I’m still leaning towards this being Vampiric’s pup if the narrator is not what we are looking for.

And nice story to go with such an adorable pup Dama! ❤️

I feel like the creature Vampiric is describing is the crab by the hind leg too STAY KRYATIVE
CALL ME KRYS!

KryativeLotus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buckbeak1224 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:40 pm

bluebirds wrote:Okay, I was going to make a big post about all of my guesses but I can't get over Bernouli's so.. here it is.

Basically it's come down to these two pups.
ImageImage

> The last gif Bern posted, reminds me of the first's tail and its shape.
> "My dog wishes people would stop shooting him with arrows" I think this refers to Link (in breath of the wild), but I'll explain more later
> "Nah man, I'd say at LEAST 12. u 3u And yeah that's a hint." Maybe grow before day 12? dunno
> "cronch cronch cronch :U How many crabs do you think a dragon could eat?" to me, the first one looks more like a dragon.
> Goat gif, goat has two horns, first one has two horns
> Bern confirmed the pup was based off of breath of the wild, but not one thing in particular, but more of the game itself
> "Yahaha" again, another breath of the wild reference
> "Link... ...Open your eyes..." could be referring to the pup having open eyes
> Also, I don't think it's intentional, but this gif has the palette of the pups lol
> I actually haven't played breath of the wild very much, so I'm not sure what all it includes, but there is a bell tower, which the first pup has a bell
> But also, there's these creatures, which the hooves really remind me of it (and the horns both) and while researching a good way to defeat it, I came across this. " lightning and bomb arrows can be used to scrape off a little bit of health"
> The first one has the maroon markings on the side, which, to me, could turn into wispy things™ that Bern is well known for
> There's a razorclaw crab which is a part of the breath of the wild game
> The color on the second one reminds me of lava and there is a lava stage in breath of the wild (but also the pattern on this dragon)
> The ears on the second also really remind me of the dragons's ears

Will all of that said, I'm going to say this one is Bernouli's. But also, I could be completely wrong on so many levels. Also also, I know Bern won't confirm or deny anything until the pup grows so.. (:

Personally I think because of all the hints, I think it’s the black pup
Buckbeak1224

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me