Staff Litter 2020 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter 2020 Discussion Thread

Postby beldam. » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:00 pm

libra is also associated with the planet venus (which itself is named after the roman goddess - associated with the sea, love, and beauty), and also, wikipedia has this to say about libra's scales:
"The symbol of the scales is based on the Scales of Justice held by Themis, the Greek personification of divine law and custom. She became the inspiration for modern depictions of Lady Justice."

so, if we're not to look too deep (yet), there could be a very literal reference to scales, or the concept of justice - keeping in mind the phrase "justice is blind." there's a number of justice-affiliated characters who are blind, often wearing glasses or blindfolds - could we see something similar here?
beldam.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥RaspberryRedPanda♥ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

I literally have a pet that I named “The Starry Night” and then I log on to THIS??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pet's name: "The Starry Night" - Van Gogh
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage Credits: © © ©
♥RaspberryRedPanda♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fluffmuffler » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Random passing thought, what if by 'scale' it means a different kind, like fish scales 🤔

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Fluffmuffler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:40 pm

♥RaspberryRedPanda♥ wrote:Image

WOW. Wowowow. Whoever's this is (and I think we know!) this is SPECTACULAR. Such a thoughtful and creative use of the palette, and a really believable rendition of the style that I imagine was not at all easy to replicate. I'm absolutely in awe. *_*

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Musicality » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 pm

rockruff wrote:
♥RaspberryRedPanda♥ wrote:Image

WOW. Wowowow. Whoever's this is (and I think we know!) this is SPECTACULAR. Such a thoughtful and creative use of the palette, and a really believable rendition of the style that I imagine was not at all easy to replicate. I'm absolutely in awe. *_*

I LOVE THIS PUP OMG!! Va Gough is my favorite artist!! I’m guessing it’s Aquila Fuga because it’s a cypress tree and Starry Night was painted 131 yrs ago? I don’t have the means right now to go through all the hints but yea that’s my opinion ❤️❤️
❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
I adore cats, musicals (esp. If/Then),
singing, and chatting it up with new people!

Hey everyone! I'm Musicality!
I used to be "The Succulent Queen". <3

❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
Musicality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Yep, The Starry Night doggo is mine! I'm so so thrilled you guys like them as much as I do. Out of all my staff/gh litter designs, this is my favourite by a long shot!
The palette screamed Starry Night at me from the beginning so I had to go with it. Well done to those of you who put my hints together, and also props to the people who guessed Starry Night based on the middle stage before I got a lot of my hints out! Although most of this has been commented on already, a quick run down:

• The tree featured is a cypress, painted by van Gogh during his time in France. The fact that I used a colour supposedly named Cyprus to point this hint out was a total coincidence!

• My group was supposed to indicate that my dog this year would have line edits like my cats - it was fun to try edits again after a few years without! A few of you noted the pointed ears v flops and the black/white CS tag which I suppose are also true.

• The Starry Night was painted in 1889, 131 years ago, hence my dog's "age".

• And lastly, this dog I posted a few hours ago was indeed dressed like the man himself ;D

Thanks so much for all your kind words and joining in with my hints! It’s been a blast :>

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:27 pm

Love your doggo Aquila, that was such a creative idea!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:38 pm

AquilaFuga wrote:Image

Yep, The Starry Night doggo is mine! I'm so so thrilled you guys like them as much as I do. Out of all my staff/gh litter designs, this is my favourite by a long shot!

wow aquila i love your doggo so much ; w ; like many people i love van gogh and i'm so thrilled to have such a beautiful pet designed after the starry night!
do you like omelettes?
appi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strangetales » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:44 pm

AquilaFuga wrote:Image

I need like a million of these! They are so pretty, definitely my favourite outcome so far. c: I especially adore the bright eyes, but the whole design of the dog is so creative and lovely. Very well done, Aquila!
strangetales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tuxedo Mask » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:09 pm

I love your dog Aquila , definitely one of my all time favourite staff dogs
Tuxedo Mask