GH Litter Discussion 2022

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion 2022

Postby codexia » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:14 am

Yay, Lennie! I really love your design! <3

Alright, I'm back again with another couple of guesses since we're getting close to the end of the month! For awhile now, I've had a gut feeling about the June 2nd growth that I just can't shake. It is, so far, my favorite of the bunch. It feels ghostly- the "mint ice cream" on its ear has always looked more like creepy cobwebs of some sort to me, like this kitten has been sleeping here for a very long time. Those traits, alongside the hint of an urn, and the spooky dressup scene, "It's dangerous to go alone, take this," really make me think this one is Oddity-Lad's cat! Also, the two-faced cat tattoo (incredibly cool ink btw) reminds me of the poem "Two-Headed Calf" by Laura Gilpin and its deeper meanings about life and death. The accompanying commentary on the tattoo post gives me the same bold vibe as the dressup scene- someone fighting to become who they are. I have a feeling this kitten will grow toward the end of the month, maybe even on the last day, into something strong and beautiful, like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Or a kitten rising from the cobwebs, as it were. :lol: I know practically nothing about D20's, so I've skipped that hint, which may be a gross oversight on my part. I'll definitely get a good laugh out of things if I'm WAY off and this is someone else's cat :? :lol:

My next guess is about the lovely gradient kitteh!
I'm pretty sure this baby belongs to Aurora!! Here's my thinking on that:
She stated that her cat loves sunlight, particularly showing off at sunrise or sunset. The gradient reminds me of the sky at dawn and dusk- lighter at the bottom, darker at the top. And I think, if you look closely, there are stars in its tail. Also there was a comment about fog fitting well with this palette- I tend to associate fog/mist with sunrise! And finally, we have the rainbow lorikeet feather from the dressup. First, it has a similar pattern/gradient to this cat: three bands of color. And second, I believe Aurora has mentioned loving and missing a particular bird; what better way to honor a beloved bird than by designing a sky themed pet? <3

This is my first year getting to experience the GH Litter, and I'm having SO much fun trying to figure out who created each kitty! Even if I'm way off :lol: If you've read this far, thanks for indulging me! :D
Image Image Image
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 29 people.
I have nuked 11 people.
codexia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:09 pm

Lennie wrote:
    I'm quite late (I couldn't figure out the best timing to claim OTL), but with the most recent guess having been shared, I think I'm going to jump in and claim my outcome! I believe these were the first two posts to accurately guess the kitten, along with lotusmoon9!
    The space kitty is indeed mine and I'm so glad to see people enjoyed how it turned out ♥

Their name is Ama (天) - going off of one of the Japanese readings of the kanji - short for 天の川 or 'Ama no Gawa' (Heavenly River), which is the Milky Way in Japanese!

I believe all of my hints were found (and most were not particularly subtle because I'm bad at that apparently lol), but the hint in my signature
    天  天  天
    天  天  天
    天  天  天
    天     天
    天     天
    was a hint to the outcome's name and theme - I tried to be clever by spelling out the kanji for river using the kanji for heaven ^^;

Lennie I already absolutely adored your kitty but I love them even more with the meaning behind their name!
    The design is so cute and really showcases our beautiful palette, I think ♡

codexia wrote:My next guess is about the lovely gradient kitteh!
I'm pretty sure this baby belongs to Aurora!! Here's my thinking on that:
She stated that her cat loves sunlight, particularly showing off at sunrise or sunset. The gradient reminds me of the sky at dawn and dusk- lighter at the bottom, darker at the top. And I think, if you look closely, there are stars in its tail. Also there was a comment about fog fitting well with this palette- I tend to associate fog/mist with sunrise! And finally, we have the rainbow lorikeet feather from the dressup. First, it has a similar pattern/gradient to this cat: three bands of color. And second, I believe Aurora has mentioned loving and missing a particular bird; what better way to honor a beloved bird than by designing a sky themed pet? <3

This is my first year getting to experience the GH Litter, and I'm having SO much fun trying to figure out who created each kitty! Even if I'm way off :lol: If you've read this far, thanks for indulging me! :D

Not going to confirm or deny any kitties yet but I like your theory! You're definitely on the right track with the association to sunrise. My recent hints haven't been found yet, but I think they'll be a big help c; Perhaps you should check my dressups again, and whatever else you may find below...
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TookieTiki » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:11 pm

Taking my hand at a couple of guesses cause I've mostly just been lurking but I got some thoughts

-----

I think either tree cat or blanket kitty belongs to Aurora Storm but I'm leaning more to tree cat (like @lotusmoon9's guess)
So what we know (also added some extra things I found):
- Aurora's dress-up included a hidden rainbow lorikeet feather which might imply that her cat either is a bird OR a place birds hang out a lot.
- Enjoys sunlight
- Loves showing off during sunrise and sunset
- Hidden "aussie aussie aussie" in bottom of signature so the cat is related to Australia
- Mentions of plants "planted two more hints", "plant more trees"
- Recent dress-up referencing gum trees(? The lyrics in the description are from "Home Among The Gum Trees" by John Williamson)

SO I looked a bit into rainbow lorikeets and found out they like eucalyptus trees
(which are a species of tree that is mostly native to Australia and is also a gum tree)
And since they are a tree, obviously they'd enjoy the sun
I think the smoke might be referencing forest fires? Maybe referencing eucalyptus trees adaptation to fire?

I'm not sure if it's been pointed out yet but this kitty looks to have line edits on its sides?
Personally, I think it's a pair of folded wings so I'm going to run with it but I could be way off.
I'm thinking this kitty might be inspired by rainbow lorikeets as the chest fur and shoulder markings make me think of a bird and also the wings.
Aurora mentioned that her cat enjoys sunrise so maybe this kitty wakes up early (hence why they look tired) every morning to see the sunrise?
Also the mention of liking to show off fits as rainbow lorikeets aren't shy and are rather enthusiastic. I'm thinking that this cat will grow up to be more extravagant and lively.

-----

Oddity's and Wobbuffet's cat are 50/50 for me. If the witch cat isn't Oddity's outcome then I think it's Wobbuffet's and if Wobbuffet's outcome isn't the ice cream cat then I think it's Oddity's.

I'm stuck up on this one belonging to Oddity due to how much story I feel it has to it.
- It fits into DnD with the costuming (D20 roll)
- Is pretty similar to the dress-up that was in his Halloween group (which had a witch hat and also a needle in its tail (which is maybe why the tail looks infected almost?))
- Makes me think of a Halloween costume and you usually go out trick or treating at nighttime (which is why it thrives in the dark?)

My only issue is, I'm not sure it includes all the colours in the colour palette (unless I'm just blind) so I'm also thinking Oddity's isn't fully grown yet and that when it grows up it will have two heads similar to a tattoo he has and also this scene.
So in the case that it's not the witch cat, I gotta agree with @codexia on it being the ice-cream cat cause maybe the ice cream part will form another head when it grows? Also the kitty has a "tattoo"(?) on its left paw

-----

Then, like I said earlier, I think Wobbuffet is likely to be the ice cream cat but could also very well be the witch cat.
Wobbuffet doesn't have too many clues other than "My 2022 GH litter outcome has something in common with my 2021 GH litter outcome." which is pretty broad.
Either the cat is magic (the witch cat) OR (a big stretch here but hear me out) is related to Pee Wee's Big Adventure (which is what the 2021 outcome was inspired by). I've never watched Pee Wee in my life but when I looked up Pee Wee's Big Adventure and ice cream, I found out that it is actually a thing (ice cream soup) which could reference ice cream cat.

-----

My last guess is that this one is Squishy's
Usually Squishy's GH cats are a different species (This looks like a type of big cat but I'm not sure which one (maybe a cougar?)), has major lineart changes like this one, and also have slitted eyes.
And I think their hint regarding looking at their gallery is that their artwork always has a heart hidden in it? Their previous GH litters also have hearts on them and I think there is a sideways heart on this cat's left foot? Right at the bottom?
This was the only cat that I could find a heart on but maybe I'm just blind or maybe that wasn't the clue at all.
TookieTiki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:58 pm

TookieTiki wrote:I think either tree cat or blanket kitty belongs to Aurora Storm but I'm leaning more to tree cat (like @lotusmoon9's guess)
So what we know (also added some extra things I found):
- Aurora's dress-up included a hidden rainbow lorikeet feather which might imply that her cat either is a bird OR a place birds hang out a lot.
- Enjoys sunlight
- Loves showing off during sunrise and sunset
- Hidden "aussie aussie aussie" in bottom of signature so the cat is related to Australia
- Mentions of plants "planted two more hints", "plant more trees"
- Recent dress-up referencing gum trees(? The lyrics in the description are from "Home Among The Gum Trees" by John Williamson)

SO I looked a bit into rainbow lorikeets and found out they like eucalyptus trees
(which are a species of tree that is mostly native to Australia and is also a gum tree)
And since they are a tree, obviously they'd enjoy the sun
I think the smoke might be referencing forest fires? Maybe referencing eucalyptus trees adaptation to fire?

Bingpot! This is indeed my kitty! She is based on eucalyptus trees, more specifically eucalyptus diversicolor which is found in my home in Western Australia. My kitty's name comes from the more common name for these trees: Karri.

Her tail is meant to represent fog through the forest in the early hours of the morning, where sunlight makes the golden tree bark look like its almost glowing. I had tried to use the rainbow lorikeet feather to create the connection that my kitty was related to Australia, but can see that leap was a bit too far to make without some more obvious hints haha ^^" I'll be sure to plan my hints better next year!

I wanted my first GH kitty to represent me in some way, and as soon as this palette was chosen it reminded me of the beautiful karri forest in my home state - and one of my favourite places in the world ♡ I hope you like her!

Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0BirdMasta0 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:26 am

I swear I thought it was eucalypts but decided not to say anything cause it might just be to match the palette.

Amazing kitty. Honestly one of my favourites from this litter. And Karri is such a pretty name! The stripes go so well with the branches for reasons I can't describe.
He/him ⬩ CS time +11 ⬩ I'm trying my best.
0BirdMasta0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:30 am

0BirdMasta0 wrote:I swear I thought it was eucalypts but decided not to say anything cause it might just be to match the palette.

Amazing kitty. Honestly one of my favourites from this litter. And Karri is such a pretty name! The stripes go so well with the branches for reasons I can't describe.

Aw thank you! I'm so glad you were able to spot the eucalyptus inspiration ♡
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Edgar.Allan.Poe » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:02 am

With putting the "you've urn-ed it" quote and the Halloween dressup into context.

This one seems like Oddity-lad's :

Because while many see an ice cream I get a broken urn vibe to it instead.

That's all I've got really :D
“𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔱!” 𝔰𝔞𝔦𝔡 ℑ, “𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔣 𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔩!—𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔱 𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩, 𝔦𝔣 𝔟𝔦𝔯𝔡 𝔬𝔯 𝔡𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔩!"
"𝔔𝔲𝔬𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℜ𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫 "𝔑𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢"

-Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven
Edgar.Allan.Poe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:54 am

Lennie wrote:
codexia wrote:Omg I LOVE tonight’s kitty 😍 I’m guessing this one is Lennie’s due to the sky/space theme!!!
depressedanonymous, wrote:
Magpi3.14 wrote:Image
look at how adorable this kitty is! I love the space theme it has 🥺

Something tells me this guy is Lennie’s! Claiming this as being the first person to guess that (:

I'm quite late (I couldn't figure out the best timing to claim OTL), but with the most recent guess having been shared, I think I'm going to jump in and claim my outcome! I believe these were the first two posts to accurately guess the kitten, along with lotusmoon9!
    The space kitty is indeed mine and I'm so glad to see people enjoyed how it turned out ♥

Their name is Ama (天) - going off of one of the Japanese readings of the kanji - short for 天の川 or 'Ama no Gawa' (Heavenly River), which is the Milky Way in Japanese!

I believe all of my hints were found (and most were not particularly subtle because I'm bad at that apparently lol), but the hint in my signature
    天  天  天
    天  天  天
    天  天  天
    天     天
    天     天
    was a hint to the outcome's name and theme - I tried to be clever by spelling out the kanji for river using the kanji for heaven ^^;

we LOVE Ama in this house. they are perfect and I can’t wait to collect as many as I can get my grubby little hands on 👀
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medimedes » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:15 pm

Image currently ascending brb
Hi I'm Thalimule
Im an artist
I enjoy Tf2 greatly!
Those are my Tf2 ocs! Refresh to see a new one :]
2 years on cs!
pm me with a silly photo of your pet and ill try to draw them
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddity-Lad » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:14 pm

Oddity-Lad wrote:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

New stamps dropped in the fanart section. These ones are styled closer to the "official GH cat litter stamps" we've gotten in the past, and will only be the final growth stages. Honestly these are so rad to make lol
Signature art by Batman

Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me