Staff Litter 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby catmother456 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:50 am

Well now that fawnie said this pup isn’t theirs, I believe it is Lacuna’s pup!

And this is why I think so. After the post on page 30 where Lacuna said her pup loved school and doesn’t remember her dreams, @fluffystar made a comment that this pup sounded more human-like, maybe based off her wife. I was already thinking that due to other potential hints. And this pup seems to have very human vibes for sure. And on top of that -

* Uses all the colors - though some are barely used, all the colors of this year’s palette are in this pup
* She’s a 90’s kid - the mullet hair style, all 4 paws’ nails are painted, tamagotchi! Looks very 90’s to me
* Has line edits like previous pups, and a design that this pup can grow into
* The eyes on this pup are “certainly something”
* The cute heart shaped nose is also “certainly something”
* Apple Camp - Apple Mac’s came out in the 90’s and.what an impact that was

The style may be a bit out of the norm though, especially with the edited watermark, but perhaps that is also to make the pup look more 90’s

So this is my thought process. Perhaps I focused on the wrong hint and gave it too much thought, but here I am and if I am wrong, maybe we’ll get another denial and can go from there, too

Edito - okay, so maybe I posted a bit too quickly, but a denial is also good, right? Anyways…

I just saw this pup in Lacuna’s signature and its name is Rosethorn

Edit 2: @Xylinie just reminded us that Lacuna always uses the default white 100% opacity CS tag, so neither of these is probably hers. Oh well. I tried. But maybe you will see something I’m missing

Here is the post Lacuna made in 2018 about tags and her style

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3902056&p=121099048#p121099048

" I do try to make my outcomes very different each year and I don't really have a consistent art style, but I feel there are definitely some clues that you can come up with just because I'm me. I always use the default white 100% opacity CS tag, I always edit the smiles of adult dogs, my pups aren't plain and often show a lot of the final design, and I love gradients. I made an effort to have a more subtle gradient this year, but I couldn't do away with it entirely."
Last edited by catmother456 on Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffystar » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:14 am

@Spaceinmyhead,

How did your pup come into existence lore-wise? Where did she originate?

Edit: if any other staff want to answer this question, they may :)
fluffystar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reynard » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:34 am

coffee.berry wrote:
    a few more questions for staff!!

- snip -

does your pup have personal meaning to you?

how easy do you think it is to figure out which one
    your pup is from a scale of 1 to 10?

They all have a lot of meaning I think, but I would say this years is not as profound as my previous staff pet though. It still will tell you a bit about me for sure though. I did try something new this year so that was maybe the more "oh wow" part in terms of growth lol.

9/10 iykyk
Image]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 14 gifts.

IMPORTANT INFO: For the description portion, you have to break up each line to fit within the invisible boundary. Try to fit it within the "page break".
reynard
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koikee » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:14 pm

coffee.berry wrote:

Probably a 9 or 10 once fully grown lol
Koikee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:20 pm

catmother456 wrote:Well now that fawnie said this pup isn’t theirs, I believe it is Lacuna’s pup!

And this is why I think so. After the post on page 30 where Lacuna said her pup loved school and doesn’t remember her dreams, @fluffystar made a comment that this pup sounded more human-like, maybe based off her wife. I was already thinking that due to other potential hints. And this pup seems to have very human vibes for sure. And on top of that -

* Uses all the colors - though some are barely used, all the colors of this year’s palette are in this pup
* She’s a 90’s kid - the mullet hair style, all 4 paws’ nails are painted, tamagotchi! Looks very 90’s to me
* Has line edits like previous pups, and a design that this pup can grow into
* The eyes on this pup are “certainly something”
* The cute heart shaped nose is also “certainly something”
* Apple Camp - Apple Mac’s came out in the 90’s and.what an impact that was

The style may be a bit out of the norm though, especially with the edited watermark, but perhaps that is also to make the pup look more 90’s

So this is my thought process. Perhaps I focused on the wrong hint and gave it too much thought, but here I am and if I am wrong, maybe we’ll get another denial and can go from there, too

Edito - okay, so maybe I posted a bit too quickly, but a denial is also good, right? Anyways…

I just saw this pup in Lacuna’s signature and its name is Rosethorn

Edit 2: @Xylinie just reminded us that Lacuna always uses the default white 100% opacity CS tag, so neither of these is probably hers. Oh well. I tried. But maybe you will see something I’m missing

Here is the post Lacuna made in 2018 about tags and her style

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3902056&p=121099048#p121099048

" I do try to make my outcomes very different each year and I don't really have a consistent art style, but I feel there are definitely some clues that you can come up with just because I'm me. I always use the default white 100% opacity CS tag, I always edit the smiles of adult dogs, my pups aren't plain and often show a lot of the final design, and I love gradients. I made an effort to have a more subtle gradient this year, but I couldn't do away with it entirely."

I’m not going to claim or deny anything yet it’s too early lol but I appreciate anyone putting in effort! It may look like I’m just answering questions but I won’t say there’s nothing to decode. I would say that stuff I said 5 years ago might not always be true forever, who knows?
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Codex » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:21 pm

coffee.berry wrote:

what's your pup's aesthetic?

does your pup have personal meaning to you?

Based on my previous answers it’s definitely something related to the sea

Not really, they’re inspired by a few places I’ve been to during my travels. A lot of the details on my pup is just added flair and my main inspiration is what the adult is wearing

Solid 10/10. Especially because my answers correlate to almost none of the other pups— if you find all the questions I answered directly related to the appearance of my pup/dog I think you’ll be able to piece it together really quickly when you see it
Codex
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphiric » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:25 pm

I only have 14 ungrown pups left. How many more outcomes can we expect after tonights?
"I grabbed your hand that evening for the first time and laced our fingers together. It was surprising how easily our fingers fit together, your long, slender fingers, complementing my shorter, rougher ones. Holding your hand felt so right, so different from the last hand I held like that, Ginny’s hand. I brushed a stray lock of your fair hair from your eyes and took a deep breath. I was going to keep my end of the bargain by telling you my deepest secret. I could only pray that you would keep yours." Harry about to confess his feelings for Draco Quote from: You Set Fire to the Rain
Saphiric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winx » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:30 pm

xylinie wrote:
I've got a feeling that today's pup is Winx'!
Check out my latest post on why I think it's flower themed if you haven't already!

Is your pup inspired by the scene/emo subculture? I wouldn’t say so! I think they could pull off a pastel goth look though. (;

The colors in this pup could be considered pastel apart from the dark pink on the nose/ears and back.

Image Image

The flower placed next to the pup looks a lot like a not full grown daisy, if you compare it to this picture.

What is your pet's final stage eye color? Is it even visible? (specified final stage) Their eyes are a shade of calm and serenity.

So I checked the eye color of this pup which happends to be a shade of blue, and if we check out this website, you'll see that that shade can be described as a shade for serenity
Image Image

Could just be a coincidence tho!

I’m in the same boat as Lacuna — I won’t confirm or deny any outcomes yet. However, I think y’all are on the right track! This could definitely be an option based on all the clues.

Electric~Lime~Zebra wrote:I've been pondering this today, with xylinie's post I have a question for Winx. Has your pup been unblanketed yet?

They are unblanketed now. (;

fluffystar wrote:Question for all:

Does your pup share any intentional characteristics or themes with another staff member's pet (as in you worked together)?

Didn’t work together with anyone, but I will say that my pup shares themes/characteristics with a handful of other outcomes.
blah

Hi there ya precious beans.

Always willing to help with trades
or pricing pet/item/C$ values ♥
Feel free to PM me!

Got a problem and
think CS staff could fix it?
Submit a ticket!

TH Characters

winx
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby castiiian » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:35 pm

fluffystar wrote:Hey castiiian, earlier deercan asked if a pup was yours but you never gave a straight answer, so I will ask again:

Is this pup yours? The way the fur and nose are drawn bears a heavy resemblance to your style. Image

oh meow.
      looks like u caught me red pawed, sheriff.
      i'll be answering questions here and there, but you most likely won't get any real lore/explanations until after it's grown.
      hope you all like my staff pet!! :3c
      i promise next time my pet won't be so easy to guess... >:3
xxxxx
xxx
xxx ⚝ copycat tryna cop my m͙̥ạ͕̠͕͚̲n̫̺̬̺̩͇͕n͉̩̠͚̠̲͓er̠ ⚝
↝↝↝ watch your back when you can't watch mine !!!

╔══════════════════════╗

xxxx
CAST | he/they | catboy, gamer, eclown
  • discord + toyhou.se: castiiian
    i read all pms, but don't always reply,
    pls poke me if u need a response!

╚══════════════════════╝
xxx ⚝ copycat tryna cop my g̖̖̥̲̦̟alm̯͍̹͚̘o͙r̦͚ ⚝
↝↝↝ why so sad, bunny? can't have mine !!!
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alyssa99 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:38 pm

castiiian wrote:
      fluffystar wrote:Hey castiiian, earlier deercan asked if a pup was yours but you never gave a straight answer, so I will ask again:

Is this pup yours? The way the fur and nose are drawn bears a heavy resemblance to your style. Image

oh meow.
      looks like u caught me red pawed, sheriff.
      i'll be answering questions here and there, but you most likely won't get any real lore/explanations until after it's grown.
      hope you all like my staff pet!! :3c
      i promise next time my pet won't be so easy to guess... >:3

Does it have a name?
I miss you, puppy
Pet's name: Honey
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Pet's name: Sasha

My Kiuii (thanks skwigler!): Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3952717
Support CDH Awareness! Image
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie! I hate myself for adopting this off account *cries*
Alyssa99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me