Staff Litter 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby kiro,, » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:44 pm

Ravens-Folklore wrote:y'all every day i've been suffering because the day the adopts dropped i was busy with my sister's kids all day and i adopted everything /an hour and a half late/ and waiting that extra time keeps KILLING me T_T

man i forgot what day it was altogether and adopted everything like 15-16 hours late :') like ive barely gotten the previous days pups before i have to head to bed and wake up to see everyone with the next days pups lmao
they/them
-------
aussie/awst
-------
cat parent
-------
<3
Image imagination Image

......Image
Image imagination Image
kiro,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fawnie » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:02 pm

catmother456 wrote:I was going through some of Fawnie’s posts, and saw that she said her outcome is very much “me”. Well, in her stamps, she has an image of the deer fawn spots, 3 deer with flowers, and a sleeping deer, and her CS name is Fawnie. Maybe her outcome may be a deer or have deer like qualities. Just a random thought.

Image Image Image Image Image

🤔🤔🤔 random thought indeed 🤔🤔🤔
⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆
help | RP rules| image guide

𝐬𝐡𝐞/𝐡𝐞𝐫 | 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 |𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖌𝖚𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖑𝖊𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖊𝖓𝖏𝖔𝖞𝖊𝖗
the introvert distribution system gave me 🦔
Fawnie
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:18 pm

You won't need hints to work out which dog is mine, I have become a very repetitive person it seems.
Although I will say that I didn't do pebbly toes this year.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: September 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby Sakura Kuromi » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:21 pm

Sakura Kuromi wrote:As for the staff pets:
I thought I could list my favorite growth per day so far xD
Day 1: Image (it was a close one between this and the goat looking one)
Day 2: Image
(it reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it... Something like a caterpillar, but this isn't it)
Day 3: Image
(it somehow gave me 90s vibes, maybe because the thing in it's mouth remind me of a Tamagochi xD
Day 4: Image
(it's so fluffy... somehow says border collie to me? Don't know why xD - one of my favorites all around so far)
Day 5: Image
(the swirls... I somehow really like them, though I can't say why xD - one of my favorites all around so far)

For Today/Day 6: Image
(I'm a florist, what else would it be? XD But I love the dragon-like one as well ♥)
Sakura Kuromi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:08 pm

PoserPanda wrote:I have questions for the staff too!

• On a scale of :
□Droll
□intriguing
□outlandish

where-abouts does your creation check in?

• Did a recent event outside of Chicken Smoothie, inspire your creation's design? (Example from last year would be Critical Role themed.)

• Does your creation think :
□inside
□outside
□or on, the box?

*Droll means curious or unique*

Mine is more on the droll side of the scale, though shes also a little bit towards intriguing too!
Yep!
Inside the box. Shes got a simple life and tends to just go with the flow, rather than challenge the system haha!

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: September 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby LunaLate » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:03 pm

ImageImageImageImage
These are my favorite pups so far, I hope I like the grown versions!
Also I haven’t traded for any that I’m missing yet and I’m missing like 10
LunaLate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfieh » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:01 pm

Okay, coming back with more (potentially crazy) theories.

(There's a TL;DR at the end, if you don't want to read me rambling through my own thought process!)

I've been trying to work out the purpose of "March 2022 🌱🍃🌱🍃" and now "July 2022 ⭐💧⭐💧"

Combining with the "Yes" on their creation being inspired by recent events, I started wondering what plant-related news happened in March of 2022. I wasn't finding much, but then I made two connections.

1. The emoji set is a seedling next to a falling leaf. It could be that the leaf is a symbol of the literal fall of a plant.
2. In May of this year, FleshCanvas did a collection of pets inspired by animals of various threat statuses on the endangered species scale, and spent some time discussing these pets, their inspirations, and how excited they were for these outcomes to finally be seen. From that, I've kind of extrapolated that environment conservation is an interest? But I've maybe not been around long enough to fully judge whether that's true.

So I started looking for plants that were declared extinct in March of 2022 (which was... a real bummer, I'll admit).

The list is... long. But I only had access to certain sections of information. I managed to find the Syzygium humblotii, a shrub that was found on an island near Madagascar and formally declared extinct on March 13, 2022. So, that might be an explanation? A potential theme for this year's staff pet?

So, with a potential theory for "March 2022 🌱🍃🌱🍃", I turned my focus on "July 2022 ⭐💧⭐💧".

Initially, I was looking for news from July 2022 about stars and liquid. Something like "Maybe we found water on a new planet or something". I found one article about a star couple breaking up? Which made me think the water droplets were maybe tears, because they're sad? But I'll admit, for an already tenuous theory, that felt... Almost certainly incorrect, haha.

So, stars and water.

Stars in water.

Starfish.

In July 2022, the first report was received of sea star wasting disease being found in Europe and the UK. While already apparent in USA waters, it making its way to Europe is... bad. It's also not very well understood, so they think it's related to stress due to rapid environmental changes, not necessarily an infection of some sort. Which, if true, means unaffected populations don't even need to come into contact with affected populations for it to spread. Which is, again, a selection of sad news.

But, it could be a potential explanation for "July 2022 ⭐💧⭐💧".

I'm not sure how solid of this really is, because it's almost 4 AM and my sense of reality shut off at least two hours ago. But, it's a thread. A little strand of potential connections that can also relate to previous work by FleshCanvas.

TL;DR Could be references to environmental threats from March 2022 (plant species being declared extinct) and July 2022 (new starfish disease reaching Europe).
Was once gifted a frog. It changed my life
Just a silly little guy, doing silly little guy things : )
he/they

Image Image
Wolfieh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiro,, » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:11 pm

i really have not been keeping up with hints n discussions- BUT im going to guess this little fella is Solloby's!

the back pattern looks similar to their 2020 pup, and i could definitely see this years pup sprouting butterfly wings like the 2020 pup did

ImageImage
ImageImage

a handful of their pups have been butterfly/bug inspired (2012, 2017, 2020 and 2022) so its a fair guess that its a design feature theyd repeat

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

6 of their past pups all use the same uppy ears + nub tail lineart for the first stage (2013-2017 and 2022 (bumble pup is kinda debatable as they have slightly edited ears and no tail rather than a nub tail, but its still pretty close))

other notable similaries between past pups n my guess:
- first stage pups usually have few to no lineart edits, with the exceptions being their very first staff dog and their pps pups
- long url (www.)
- gradients :D

n hints for this year:
- "My dog has green eyes" - pulled up my trusty art program, yoinked the hex codes for their eyes and put em through google to find the names, and the two shades in their eyes are turquoise and ✨guppie green✨
- "Although I will say that I didn't do pebbly toes this year." - no pebble toesies here :D
Last edited by kiro,, on Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
they/them
-------
aussie/awst
-------
cat parent
-------
<3
Image imagination Image

......Image
Image imagination Image
kiro,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koikee » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:18 pm

xylinie wrote:
Some more questions for the staff :D :

1. What color are your pups toes? (final stage)
2. Is your pup inspired by mythology?
3. What is your pups favorite food?

1. Not pink :p
2. No
3. I'm thinkin' strawberries..
Koikee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:24 pm

xylinie wrote:
Some more questions for the staff :D :

What color are your pups toes? (final stage)
Is your pup inspired by mythology?
What would your pups favorite song be?
What is your pups favorite food?

1. If you're interpreting the color palette in the same order I am thinking of in my head, then the color that's second from the right
2. Nope c:
3. Probably some sappy romancey country song
4. Baked goods. Fresh-baked. Any kind.
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me