Staff Litter 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter 2023 Discussion Thread

Postby FleshCanvas » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:46 pm

Wolfieh wrote:Once again here to more or less throw spaghetti at a wall and see what sticks.

I think this dog is FleshCanvas's

This pup has lineart edits
50% likes daytime, 50% nighttime— this pup is decorated with both plants and stars
33.3% inspired by a certain animal— the striping on the tail makes me think of a red panda or ringtailed lemur, both of which are arboreal creatures (33.3% arboreal)
No props
Mostly carnivore— nothing overtly suggests that yet, but:
Loves berries— literally has berries on it
Decently colorful, though the green is pretty absent it's present in the CS tag, and this pup isn't fully grown yet
Nothing inherently magical, though the pattern does definitely remind me of typical "magic show"-esque patterns
The staff bio hints— It has plants on it (March 2022), it has stars (July 2022), the berries on it are golden (September 2022), and the eye is the closest to orange I could see in currently unclaimed pups (January 2022)
Toes are not currently green (whether that stays in the final stage is yet to be seen)
Might be wearing human clothes, depending on how you look at it— the chains could potentially be considered human clothes, though I could definitely see why the initial answer would've been no, because they're fairly small and not distinctly human
Lots of relation to water and nature— nothing here is overtly water-themed yet, but the plants could connect to nature

Now, you gave us a playlist in one of your previous answers, and said you'd made it for "Europa". I've not seen any confirmation that Europa is the name of your pup, but it seems likely based on that specific response.

Europa could be a reference to the moon of Jupiter, or to the figure in Greek mythology

The moon Europa is believed to have an icy crust surface and a massive saltwater ocean underneath. A very strong connection to water, indeed.

The Greek mythological figure Europa was a descendent of a water nymph. A constellation was, according to myth, created in her honor. She was queen of an island nation. That gives a connection to both water and to the star pattern on this pup.

Regarding similarities to other pets: since this is your first staff pup, there's not much reference for how heavily you might edit the lines on one, or how drastically different the design might be from adolescent to adult. Most of your previous designed pets don't have any drastic changes from the adolescent pattern to the adult one, but there's also plenty of room to experiment in a staff litter.

In the June litter of dogs you did, they all had a stubby tail and the back ear half-folded, which we see with this pup (though plenty of others have done that, and you've done dogs without that). There's also this adolescent stage from that litter:
The pattern here definitely feels reminiscent of the chains on this staff litter pup.

You do tend to vary between using the long CS tag and the shortened version, though most of your dog designs seem to use the shortened one. You've also had a lot of variety in color, but both the parrot litter in June of this year and the draft horse litter of May of this year had a horizontal gradient along the outline of the text, like the one seen on this pup.

There are definitely a lot of clues that don't exactly match up yet, but it's unlikely those will be figured out until your staff pup has grown to the final stage.

And, because I noticed it while prepping this whole post and have absolutely nothing else to back it up, this pup:
Has a pattern that reminds me of the striations on the surface of the moon Europa. There could be potential for a final stage that breaks through the icy surface and reveals a very changed design, where all the hints start to make sense. But at this time, there's not much else to connect this particular pup to your hints.

Well, that's my attempt! Props to the people who write up a bunch of these theory posts, this took way longer to type out than I expected it would!

I am here to confirm that I had previously edited a reply to say the pups name is Europa 😁
I also like where your thoughts are headed, but I am not confirming or denying any pups until mine is full grown also until I've revealed all my planned hints 😁
FleshCanvas
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lounah » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:07 pm

Could today's growth be Raire's?

Or would Raire's dog not have wings at all...
Lounah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfieh » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:17 pm

FleshCanvas wrote:I am here to confirm that I had previously edited a reply to say the pups name is Europa 😁
I also like where your thoughts are headed, but I am not confirming or denying any pups until mine is full grown also until I've revealed all my planned hints 😁

Gotcha! Sorry I missed it the first time around, haha. Love the name Europa, though!

Excited to see what hints you still have planned :thumbup:

reynard wrote:There is also a 19 tucked on my 2021 pup for my favorite player, that silky Swede! Glad to meet another fan of the beloved nonsense that is the Caps, and a fellow Backstrom appreciator (seriously, there is not Ovi-close-to-record without Backy imo).

Ding ding ding - we have a winner! Decided to make my pup this year reflect my excitement for the budding season. I was struggling to get hit by the inspiration lightning bolt and my husband pointed out this would be a good thing to go with!

Hope you enjoy Nicke’s final form!

I saw the 19 later when I kept digging through some posts, and that you specifically mentioned it was the number of your favorite athlete! Just made me more excited, haha. I only know a couple Caps fans, so it's great to meet another! Especially with a shared favorite! From the first game I watched, I knew it was Backy or nothing haha.

I'm stoked to see what Nicke grows into! I'm sure it'll be great!
Was once gifted a frog. It changed my life
Just a silly little guy, doing silly little guy things : )
he/they

Image Image
Wolfieh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thinking.Kiwi » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:12 pm

Lounah wrote:Could today's growth be Raire's?

I do not think so, Raire's pups all have pixel art in them! Unless Raire went for something different this year...? :0

they/them | Nonbinary | Asexual | Autistic | Adult

Thinking.Kiwi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireBird1787 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:46 pm

I went back through the archives to look at Raire’s past staff pets, and I noticed that all of Raire’s past staff pets’ puppy stages have had unedited linearts, long url (www.), and simple designs. There aren’t many pups left with unedited simple designs that aren’t claimed yet, so that leaves these three.
ImageImageImage
Raire has previously denied the third pup, so that leaves the first two.
ImageImage
Pup one has a lighter nose, a long url, and a simpler design, so….
I think that this pup is Raire’s!
it is nearly 2am for me, please forgive any spelling mistakes
Hi, I'm Bird! My pronouns are she/her.
FireBird1787

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:24 pm

FireBird1787 wrote:I went back through the archives to look at Raire’s past staff pets, and I noticed that all of Raire’s past staff pets’ puppy stages have had unedited linearts, long url (www.), and simple designs. There aren’t many pups left with unedited simple designs that aren’t claimed yet, so that leaves these three.
[snip]

Actually... three of my middle stages did have edits - small ones, but they were there. ;P
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oniaano » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:17 am

i've really got a gut feeling this one's going to be yağmur's based on the shading style ... but with no hints from them it's hard to be sure

Nahahaha ! You really are
    something else , kiddo !

┌─────────┐

hi ! my name is onion :-3
    ★ adult ★ they / it ★
    aromantic bi sillyguy

└─────────┘
    code credit
    oniaano

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:08 am

Thinking.Kiwi wrote:
    Lounah wrote:Could today's growth be Raire's?

I do not think so, Raire's pups all have pixel art in them! Unless Raire went for something different this year...? :0

Raire rarely strays from pixels.
    Windi_1

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:15 am

Wanted to confirm this is indeed my dog this year! c:
    This is Bee, she flutters around and loves to enjoy all the sweeter things in life. My inspiration this year was from how I've recently entered my clinical year where working hard and being on top of things on a daily basis is critical for the health of your patients. I think Bee is a good reminder to work hard but also to enjoy the little things that happen along the way!

I see a lot of you got stuck on the no line edits hint; to me a line edit is editing the original lines. I don't really count the wings as lines since it was just a glow effect and not really part of the body being edited/altered, but I can see how that might have stumped people! So apologies for that, I didn't realize it would cause so much chaos ;o;

.....Need help?About Me
    Zeena
    Admin Assistant

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:19 am

Zeena wrote:Image

Wanted to confirm this is indeed my dog this year! c:
    This is Bee, she flutters around and loves to enjoy all the sweeter things in life. My inspiration this year was from how I've recently entered my clinical year where working hard and being on top of things on a daily basis is critical for the health of your patients. I think Bee is a good reminder to work hard but also to enjoy the little things that happen along the way!

I see a lot of you got stuck on the no line edits hint; to me a line edit is editing the original lines. I don't really count the wings as lines since it was just a glow effect and not really part of the body being edited/altered, but I can see how that might have stumped people! So apologies for that, I didn't realize it would cause so much chaos ;o;

bee is so adorable!! <33 i would never have guessed that she was your pup haha!!
      she looks amazing and you did a GREAT job on her <33
    coffee.berry

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me