May 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: May 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby satanfemme » Mon May 20, 2024 12:27 pm

Celozon wrote:
iHolli wrote:

{ another black variegated hooded !! I'm so delighted to have another, it's great fun exploring the different ways markings can show up. I've had so many batches where I was the only person who could tell my rats apart cause I knew the subtle differences! ♡

I'm glad someone is enjoying them! I think its really cool how much variation there can be even in just a single marking. A lot of the current natural rat designs on the site are accurate to what a marking is supposed to look like, but a doesn't necessarily reflect people's own pet rats which are usually undermarked or overmarked, so I though it would be nice to do a litter showing variation on a common marking.

I also maay have really wanted to include the rats that inspired me to make the original lineart edits in the first place, my sister's two black hooded rats, Cheeto and Zoro;
(I had to bribe them so they would sit still)
And their corresponding outcomes;
ImageImage

I was originally going to include Zoro in the Easter litter but ended up switching it out at the last minute and putting in the Dalmatian outcome instead (which actually ended up being one of my favorites) and deciding I'd do another litter later with both of them. Anyway, I was just very excited to include them, and part of the goal was to just bring in a bit more variation on natural rat designs and maybe end up matching other people's pet rats as well.

this photo is so cute!! thank you for sharing them. I love seeing the variation of rat markings
❥ he or she Image

❥ ΘΔ doggie
❥ newish user (joined january)
❥ always looking for trade offers!
Image Image
satanfemme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Mon May 20, 2024 12:40 pm

Celozon wrote:
iHolli wrote:

{ another black variegated hooded !! I'm so delighted to have another, it's great fun exploring the different ways markings can show up. I've had so many batches where I was the only person who could tell my rats apart cause I knew the subtle differences! ♡

I'm glad someone is enjoying them! I think its really cool how much variation there can be even in just a single marking. A lot of the current natural rat designs on the site are accurate to what a marking is supposed to look like, but a doesn't necessarily reflect people's own pet rats which are usually undermarked or overmarked, so I though it would be nice to do a litter showing variation on a common marking.

I also maay have really wanted to include the rats that inspired me to make the original lineart edits in the first place, my sister's two black hooded rats, Cheeto and Zoro;
(I had to bribe them so they would sit still)
And their corresponding outcomes;
ImageImage

I was originally going to include Zoro in the Easter litter but ended up switching it out at the last minute and putting in the Dalmatian outcome instead (which actually ended up being one of my favorites) and deciding I'd do another litter later with both of them. Anyway, I was just very excited to include them, and part of the goal was to just bring in a bit more variation on natural rat designs and maybe end up matching other people's pet rats as well.

{ this brings me SO much joy, omg !! please give Cheeto and Zoro another treat for me 🥺🥺 ♡

{ and another beautiful addition to the mischief! what a lovely blue [Russian blue perhaps?] baby, I haven't had any blues myself but they're such gorgeous rats ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ♡
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fleckenpferd » Mon May 20, 2024 7:05 pm

I wish we had a PPS version of the kittens.
I like the adults, but the kittens are purrfect. Oh, and mooore of them would be great.
Maybe the artist can continue the idea with future litters? (maybe also on different species. Just think of a rabbit designed as a rock XD)
German player here. I offer 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙 & 𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖍𝖑𝖞 𝖘𝖜𝖆𝖕𝖘.
I am currently trying to leave my 𝖉𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖌𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖕 open so that people can adopt a pet from there at any time
(rules are on my trading page).

𝐹𝒶𝓋𝑜𝓊𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎
Image Image Image
Fleckenpferd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonmaster11 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:11 pm

Silver Tiger~ wrote:This is the best time for me to have a mushroom pet collection, I'm absolutely living now haha. I also hope to correctly name the deer, though I'm not sure if I will name them the scientific names or the common names/nicknames.

I'm guessing the bright yellow baby has got to be Laetiporus sulphureus, and I think it would be funny to name it Chicken-of-the-woods if I'm right.

I also figured the bright yellow one was laetiporus, the light orangey-yellow subtle wavy design along its flank made me think COTW as soon as I saw it! I know I keep saying this but I really love this litter ahhhhhh
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

lukey • he/they • furry • adult • no fixed abode traveller (UK) • funghi forager and enthusiast

—> 💜my trading thread!!💜 <—

ImageImageImage

pic in avatar drawn by defresh!
dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kurtisalamode » Tue May 21, 2024 7:04 am

Hey! I wanted to share this here!!:D little guy fanart!
kurtisalamode

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Tue May 21, 2024 7:11 am

kurtisalamode wrote:Image

oh my goodness that is so lovely adsdfshdg! 💙
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysticality » Tue May 21, 2024 7:42 am

kurtisalamode wrote:Image

THIS JS SO CUTE
boy why you so gnarp gnarp
Mysticality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Tue May 21, 2024 1:43 pm

This snake tonight is especially lovely! Excellent litter.
I've also been enjoying the smooth softness of the butterfly wolves, the colors of the horses, and the aesthetic of the dogs; we always need more bright pets on this site ^^

-Hello! You may call me Ebony
-I am a casual artist
-I am always open to trades (my trade thread)
-Formerly: Darkstorm-The-Wolf (eek '~')
-Remember, support, and pray for Israel

Need Clicks: N/A, Offline June 3-7
Status: The depravity of humanity really shouldn't be celebrated. I won't be spending much time here this month :P
Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonmaster11 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:06 pm

I think it's pretty safe to say that the red deer from today is based off an amanita muscaria ❤️ one of my favourite mushrooms, and the design for this deer is so lovely!
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

lukey • he/they • furry • adult • no fixed abode traveller (UK) • funghi forager and enthusiast

—> 💜my trading thread!!💜 <—

ImageImageImage

pic in avatar drawn by defresh!
dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Tue May 21, 2024 9:59 pm

dragonmaster11 wrote:I think it's pretty safe to say that the red deer from today is based off an amanita muscaria ❤️ one of my favourite mushrooms, and the design for this deer is so lovely!

Definitely agree.
It's my favorite mushroom, it's beautiful and it's just iconic, you know? <3
Might have to hoard this deer ^.^
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes