November Discussion Thread V.2

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: November Discussion Thread V.2

Postby 'Possum » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:41 am

Museatron wrote:I still think it was meant to be a Chasmaporthetes. Not every single dog in the world has the same body structure, but CS has dogs that look like existing breeds without the line art edits that would be required to make them look spot on. It's the clever used of DOG lines to make a Hyena that looks more DOG like, that makes me think it's based on a Chasmaporthetes. That and like I said before, the coat pattern she used, is often used in artistic representations of Chasmaporthetes.
Spotty did a good job editing the lines to make it more Hyena like.

Possible. It's a neat idea either way.
I love this particular lineart edit so much. I am so hoping we will see it again as we did Tyr's Foo Dogs from last year and Leurai's Rat Dogs.
^_^
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:51 am

There are so many lovely tails on the dogs this year. This one looks rather swishy!
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jackel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 am

The whole staff litter is just wonderful. I think my favorite is probably the octopus dog (because I love octopus so much!), but the griffin and hyena linearts are so good that I hope we see more variations.

I'm really, really sad about the possible loss of the spiders---they make this site so unique and are adorable, and I hope that the artists reconsider dropping them. However, if other species are being considered, hyena and/or griffin based on these linearts would be neat!
Pet's name: Drake the Courier
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Jackel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NSJT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 am

Jackel wrote:I'm really, really sad about the possible loss of the spiders---they make this site so unique and are adorable, and I hope that the artists reconsider dropping them. However, if other species are being considered, hyena and/or griffin based on these linearts would be neat!

I doubt these lines will be used for the new species. For one, they are just edited dog lines and for two, it would be quite unfair to the other Staff dogs.

I can't wait to see what comes out tonight =D
~ Seek out your dreams and stay true ~
~ I believe I believe I believe ~
NSJT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarHorse » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 am

NSJT wrote:
Jackel wrote:I'm really, really sad about the possible loss of the spiders---they make this site so unique and are adorable, and I hope that the artists reconsider dropping them. However, if other species are being considered, hyena and/or griffin based on these linearts would be neat!

I doubt these lines will be used for the new species. For one, they are just edited dog lines and for two, it would be quite unfair to the other Staff dogs.

But Ricorn's and Tyr's staff dog lines got used again, although not for permanent usage. Tyr's Foo Dog/CNY and Leurai's Rat Staff/King C:
✪i rarely use cs nowadays,

✪i'm really not on CS anymore, though i may set up some way to give away my pets since i'm not doing anything with them
✪i'm in college now but was on this site a lot for a few years. had a lot of fun, made friends and art, and i'm thankful for it. it was a good time : )
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2535871
i was big into homestuck lol still love it just not active in fandoms
art by me -->
StarHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NSJT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:39 am

StarHorse wrote:
NSJT wrote:

But Leurai's and Tyr's staff dog lines got used again, although not for permanent usage. Tyr's Foo Dog/CNY and Leurai's Rat Staff/King C:

But not as a permanent species. =3 Sorren Fey had one of hers as a Valentine litter. Tyr had one as a Chinese New Year litter. Leurai had one as an outcome for Christmas. All were available for all an extra time because they fit the theme of the event. I believe it would be rude to the other staff if one line art would be picked as a permanent - especially since it's just an edited dog and not really a new line art.
~ Seek out your dreams and stay true ~
~ I believe I believe I believe ~
NSJT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chimera. » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:44 am

I'm sad about the loss of spiders, but I hope we get something unique to replace them.
Like hyenas /COUGH
Something pretty and new, y'know?

And I must say that Spotty did a good job on editing the dog lines to make them more hyena-like. Most people wouldn't take a hyena's different anatomy into account. And I'm glad we finally have a hyena-based pet here, even if only for one litter. Sure, we've had a similar coloring, but this is probably the closest we've gotten to an actual hyena.
chimera.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drizzle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:49 am

kikimanu wrote:

Okay, I really need to express my adoration for this dog.
    I remember back before Drizzle was part of the staff and she had this character design shop which I really wanted to order from, because everything was so intricate and colourful and gorgeous. This pet brings me back to that time and reminds me of the fact that she is an awesome artist with a really great eye for aesthetically pleasing designs. Her use of the set colours is really effective and the swirls are super pretty.
    I don't really rave often about pets but man, so much love. <3

Exactly where the inspiration came from. XD I'm surprised anyone even remembers that shop. <333

Now that I'm out from under the weight of the holiday, I'm finally catching up on posts and want to sincerely thank you all for the wonderful comments everyone made about my outcome. I'm truly humbled and honored by its reception. *flails arms, scoots back into the shadows~*
Drizzle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iaan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:57 am

I <3 wolves wrote:dear artists:
dont you know when your pets you made grow or do tess pick for you guys?
hardly here,
but i pop in occasionally

★★

iaan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Steffi. » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:08 am

I love all of the outcomes this year so much. I think it's the colour scheme; blue-white-and-brown has always been one of favourite colour schemes. XP However, my three absolute favourites are:

It reminds me of The Chronicles of Narnia, which is and always will be one of my favourite book (and movie) series. xD <3

The the swirls are so delicate looking. It's really lovely looking. :3

I really like the tail and eyes on this one. And the swirly grey mist is a nice touch. n_n
Steffi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me