September 2013 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: September 2013 Discussion Thread

Postby Pandle » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Luli wrote:
DoctorDraca wrote:
Minimanta wrote:I still don't see what that dog has to do with mirrors..

It's more about symbolism, really. The dog had these cracks in it. Cracks in a mirror. Flaws we see when looking at ourselves.
Yet the adult dog has inverted colours, which could mean that either it changed so much, or that the flaws have overcome the positive sides because of a long life of doubts and fears. Because afterall, growing up is filled with doubts and fears, while you never have too much to worry about as a child. It's almost like a story, really.

In my opinion, anyway.

That's a very interesting interpretation! I wonder if Pandle will explain further :o

I'll explain a little, only because there seems to be some confusion (although people are welcome to interpret the design however they like, this is only how I imagined it whilst making it).

The dog is meant to be symbolic of the misrepresentation we see in mirrors (as Doctor Draca explained so splendidly) , or even looking at other people.
      What you see on the outside is no reflection of what's on the inside. Mental health awareness in particular is a great example; someone can appear to be perfectly healthy and happy, but inside their world might be falling pieces. This is what the cracks are meant to represent in a way. Alternatively, they can represent the cracks we sometimes show under stress/pressure. Even if you don't suffer from a mental health issue there are times in your life when you feel fit to burst and you just can't control all your emotions. The white pup isn't specific to innocence or "goodness", it's just the idea of a beginning with the thin black cracks symbolising the imperfections we carry.

The adult is inverted because I've found i've got a whole lot more imperfections now than I did when I was younger, but even so the white cracks on the dog show that I've not completely changed and there's still that old me there. We all grow up except peter pan, lucky thing and we all change, but we don't lose who we were before, we just add onto it and become complex and complicated. I hope that sort of helps anyone who was confused. Like I said, you're welcome to whatever interpretations you like of it, this was just the thinking behind it whilst I made it c:
Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Pandle... that's just beautiful. And deep. Really deep... and it makes your pup that much more awesome. C: Brilliant.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~AquaRose~ » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Pandle wrote:The dog is meant to be symbolic of the misrepresentation we see in mirrors (as Doctor Draca explained so splendidly) , or even looking at other people.
What you see on the outside is no reflection of what's on the inside. Mental health awareness in particular is a great example; someone can appear to be perfectly healthy and happy, but inside their world might be falling pieces. This is what the cracks are meant to represent in a way. Alternatively, they can represent the cracks we sometimes show under stress/pressure. Even if you don't suffer from a mental health issue there are times in your life when you feel fit to burst and you just can't control all your emotions. The white pup isn't specific to innocence or "goodness", it's just the idea of a beginning with the thin black cracks symbolising the imperfections we carry.

The adult is inverted because I've found i've got a whole lot more imperfections now than I did when I was younger, but even so the white cracks on the dog show that I've not completely changed and there's still that old me there. We all grow up except peter pan, lucky thing and we all change, but we don't lose who we were before, we just add onto it and become complex and complicated. I hope that sort of helps anyone who was confused. Like I said, you're welcome to whatever interpretations you like of it, this was just the thinking behind it whilst I made it c:[/list][/list][/size]

This is so amazing. I am so much more in love with your dog now. O: (I don't know if its possible for me to love it more then I already did though) <3 I want to hoard your pet, but everyone else dose too so I think I'll just stick to the ones I have. XD
to all the friends i have made on this site, some of you already know this, but for the ones that dont: I have depression, and im never usually happy, if i gift you it more then likely means im sad and cant cheer up so im trying to cheer others up. if i send you a smile it might not be real, if i tell you im good take a look at the way i typed it. if i dont use capitals or puchuation that might mean im sad, or its 5 am and im tired. i'll leave this here for about a day giving you all a chance to see it. after the day is up, ill but my signature back to how it was, and pretend this text was never here. this is in tiny font because its not meant for everyone to readImageImageImageImageImageImage

Do you remember how
You became who you are now?
Do you remember how
It felt to breathe without
Gasping with all your might?

You can't take away my strength
Fix these broken veins
Nothing left to fight

My Lights are ON / OFF
I used to be Aquafina Please do not take.
~AquaRose~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluehaze » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:06 am

My favorites can be seen in my Favorites group, http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... pid=619271

Which happen to be Pandle's, Spotty's, Draca's, Chia's, SoulWings', and Kankri's! ^^
But I love Sorren's, Tyr's, Bibz's, Bernouli's, and so many others ;w;
29 || Boy Mama ♡ 5•22•20 + 4•17•23
Pisces || Cat Lover || Kid at Heart ♥
bluehaze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*Flyaway*~ » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 am

pandle...
i didnt really like that dog. but now, after this story... i guess almost everybody can understand this dog`s "feelings" (if it was alife) and even felt like this too.

this is really deep. ;u;
ULTIMATE DREAM PET, GIVING EVERYTHING FOR IT!
(Spotted tribal +++++++)
~*Flyaway*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pereyra » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:48 am

My favourite this year is definitely the plague doctor. My OC is a plague doctor, so that outcome just made that entire litter perfect to me.

Second was the mirror dog, because it has a really great story behind it and is a beautiful dog.
    to-day's auspices; everything you know is probably wrong, but that won't really change anything about the world, so there's no reason to worry.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kora L. Cifer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 am

ImageImage
Ruvel wrote:
"See the thing about you, that caught my eye, Is the same thing
that makes me change, my mind. Kinda hard to explain, but girl,
I'll try. You need to sit down, this may take a while. You see, she
sorta looks, just like you. She even smiles, just the way you do.
So innocent, she seemed, but I was fooled I'm reminded when
I look at you, but, You remind of a girl, that I once knew. See
her face whenever I, I look at you. You won't believe all of the
things that she put me through. This is why I just can't get with you."
Kora L. Cifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ƒata ρadurii » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 am

•Lotus• wrote:my gfave three have been chosen :D

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=272748

Oh, I love that geisha dressup you did, really nice use of items!
I was lost,
I was turned apart,
In the pouring rain.
Memories of a broken heart,
A storm of pain.

Every single path,
Every single choice I made,
Lead me to your embrace.

*** No longer playing. Once my pets are gone, I am too. ***
ƒata ρadurii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppermints & poetry » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:38 am

OneLMichele wrote:
Coko10 wrote:Image

My absolute favorite of all staff pets! Does anyone know who the artist is? The artists did awesome this year, so detailed and pretty!

Kankri Vantastic did this guy

Cool! My runner up favorites would be Orchid Sprigs, Yagmur, Bernouli and Briar Rose.
peppermints & poetry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RadicalEdward » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:29 pm

To be honest, this one is my favorite after checking though all of the staff pets.

It's simple, yet I love the colors. ;u;
❤️💛💚💙💜hiii❤️💛💚💙💜
RadicalEdward

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me