September 2014 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: September 2014 Discussion Thread

Postby Metallic Dragon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 am

Realtamoon wrote:Well when I saw the ragged pup I immediately thought of "Oliver Twist" and "Oliver and Company" (which is the Disney version of the original story) that's one way that this pup could be Metallic Dragon's.
the original riddle:
Little thieves and tabby cats
Fallen leaves then golden mats
What luck have i, this little one
To escape my fate and be redone

In the Disney version "Oliver" is an orange tabby cat, and in the book they are a gang of child thieves. Their lair was in an area known as "Saffron Hill" saffron makes things a golden yellow color. In the Disney movie Oliver the orange tabby has several near escapes from death and a very fortuitous reversal of fortune. So it very well might be an Oliver Twist reference.

And we have a winner!!! Yes, the first line refers first to Oliver Twist, then to Oliver and company. I hadnt actually thought so much about saffron hill, though i like that reference better for the second line haha. I was actually thinking more toward what an abandoned little orphan would sleep on. First fallen leaves, but once taken in by, in one story the rich uncle and another the little girl from the rich home, their comfort levels would have greatly increased, referenced by golden mats.
The third line of course goes back to the pup and how her luck is about to change as Oliver's did, followed by the final line where they will escape their lonely and harsh fate and be able to rise anew.

You've all figured out the rest of the hints, i was just waiting for someone to say Oliver haha. And so yes, this it's me confirming that the ragged little orphan it's mine. Thanks all for playing along, i love the speculation! Hopefully you all will like her when she grows!
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MP3 iPod » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:30 am

Yay! We have a confirmation! :D ^

Today's pizza cat growth is adorable, but then I absolutely adore the second stage for cats. Image
MP3 iPod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunsetPatches » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:50 am

Metallic Dragon wrote:
Realtamoon wrote:Well when I saw the ragged pup I immediately thought of "Oliver Twist" and "Oliver and Company" (which is the Disney version of the original story) that's one way that this pup could be Metallic Dragon's.
the original riddle:

In the Disney version "Oliver" is an orange tabby cat, and in the book they are a gang of child thieves. Their lair was in an area known as "Saffron Hill" saffron makes things a golden yellow color. In the Disney movie Oliver the orange tabby has several near escapes from death and a very fortuitous reversal of fortune. So it very well might be an Oliver Twist reference.

And we have a winner!!! Yes, the first line refers first to Oliver Twist, then to Oliver and company. I hadnt actually thought so much about saffron hill, though i like that reference better for the second line haha. I was actually thinking more toward what an abandoned little orphan would sleep on. First fallen leaves, but once taken in by, in one story the rich uncle and another the little girl from the rich home, their comfort levels would have greatly increased, referenced by golden mats.
The third line of course goes back to the pup and how her luck is about to change as Oliver's did, followed by the final line where they will escape their lonely and harsh fate and be able to rise anew.

You've all figured out the rest of the hints, i was just waiting for someone to say Oliver haha. And so yes, this it's me confirming that the ragged little orphan it's mine. Thanks all for playing along, i love the speculation! Hopefully you all will like her when she grows!

HOORAY!
Well done everyone who guessed it!
(S)he is gorgeous Metallic Dragon, can't wait for her to grow~!

account inactive, contact me via DA!
hello everyone! i'm sunny, nice to meet you! :3 she/her
avatar by flyteck, koda pixel by foxbourne on DA! my inbox is always open,
i love to chat + i'm always here if you need someone to listen! ily guys
currently: nope nope nope nope nope nope
tolters」「wmes」 「other creatures」 「DA」 「flight rising」「taming firefly」「seagull's journey」[/size]
SunsetPatches

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celeste Fay » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:55 am

Your pup is so sad I want to see him grow up to be a king :c
ImageImageImage

Visit: http://impathetic.webs.com/ If you do then I will gift you c: Just sign up and tell me!
Celeste Fay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tealclover » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:55 am

Metallic Dragon wrote:
the original riddle:

The third line of course goes back to the pup and how her luck is about to change as Oliver's did, followed by the final line where they will escape their monkey and harsh fate and be able to rise anew.

You've all figured out the rest of the hints, i was just waiting for someone to say Oliver haha. And sho yes, this it's me confirming that the ragged little orphan it's mine. Hopefully you all will like her when she grows!

Ooooh,that's nice! Congrats to who guessed it too! I haven't watched the movie,but I heard a lot about it. I think it's really cute and interesting to have a staff dog based on that! So excited for the full-grown version of it,maybe it will have stripes or something like that! :3 *Hugs pup*

Also,I wonder if I should name one of my Pizza cats Garfield. o:
Tealclover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunny✶Lover » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 am

Metallic Dragon wrote:
the original riddle:

She's beautiful. Now to find someone I can trade for it! I missed this outcome :(
ImageImage
Bunny✶Lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coldcase » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:01 am

felidae89 wrote:
Coldcase wrote:So I guess I can give trying to figure out who made what staff dog

I feel like this is Captain Kacyee's staff dog

The GIF with Maleficent is a small hint toward Sleeping Beauty, whose name in at least the older version of the story is Briar Rose. One this dog we see roses. Briar is refers to at category of thorny plants that Roses fall into. The dog has it's eyes closed, which we can look at as the part of the story where Briar Rose falls into a magically sleep(Thus the reason behind the name of sleeping beauty)Briar Rose was put into a tower while she waited for her Prince Charming. The hearts on the pup is that only true love can break her sleeping spell. Briar Rose will only wake up when kissed by her true love(At least in the PG version) Thus when she awakens and opens her eyes she will see her life/true love...

Okay I'm going to go back into hiding now...

Head canon accepted (i hope your right that fits too perfectly) im naming my pup briar rose now
Thx! I really hope that I am right :)
Coldcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mad_as_a_Hatter » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:42 am

Coldcase wrote:
felidae89 wrote:
Coldcase wrote:So I guess I can give trying to figure out who made what staff dog

I feel like this is Captain Kacyee's staff dog

The GIF with Maleficent is a small hint toward Sleeping Beauty, whose name in at least the older version of the story is Briar Rose. One this dog we see roses. Briar is refers to at category of thorny plants that Roses fall into. The dog has it's eyes closed, which we can look at as the part of the story where Briar Rose falls into a magically sleep(Thus the reason behind the name of sleeping beauty)Briar Rose was put into a tower while she waited for her Prince Charming. The hearts on the pup is that only true love can break her sleeping spell. Briar Rose will only wake up when kissed by her true love(At least in the PG version) Thus when she awakens and opens her eyes she will see her life/true love...

Okay I'm going to go back into hiding now...

Head canon accepted (i hope your right that fits too perfectly) im naming my pup briar rose now
Thx! I really hope that I am right :)

Plus! The thorny vines around the legs/tail etc can mean the vines that maleficent grew around the castle to prevent the prince from reaching Sleeping Beauty (In the Disney version) Or aroud the forest to stop people from going in (In the Maleficent film). =)
Mad_as_a_Hatter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twilight Pink » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:49 am

Inno wrote:
ToxicWolfie wrote:
Inno wrote:D: All my Foxes turned in todays outcome! ALL FOXES! ;_;
And i missed the "Oliver Twist" Pup :(

I know how you feel, four of mine turned into today's outcome but luckily have two others ungrown.

v.v At least one of you feels my pain. I hope this outcome has a splitoutcome v-v

Glad to know I'm not the only and is hoping for split outcomes from their second stage :/
Pet's name: ❤Billie Joe Armstrong❤
ImageImageImageImage ImageImage

My B-Day: January 9th ♥
Twilight Pink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:54 am

Museatron wrote:There has yet to be a 'theme' for staff pups as a whole, it's likely just coincidence and people wanting to see the connections in them being inspired by fairy tales.
If the entire litter is based off fables that would be pretty lame. The best thing about Staff litters is how vastly different they all are. Themes and patterns are for monthlies, not the biggest litter of the year. :/

I'm not saying that every pup should be fairytale-themed... I just think it would be awesome if some of them would be^^
But even if all of them would be fairytale-themed, I don't think it would be lame, because you just have to think about how many fairytales/fables are told around the world^^

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery