September 2014 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: September 2014 Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowflight13 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Shadowflight13 wrote:Hmm...

I think this pup could be Solloby's...

Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

I'm not too great at playing detective, but it shares the same toe markings as her past staff dogs.

The hint: "My staff dog this year as at least one thing in common with or similar to each of my past staff pets."

Thoughts anyone?

To add on to my theory regarding the new hint... This pup has an edited tail. Not just because it's a bob-- It looks to be a little less fluffy and possibly pointed further upward? But the ears are unedited.
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Utterly. wrote:
Caelum. wrote:
Syachi wrote:[ quote="Yoyce" ]Did we forget our theory with the edited head position puppy already?

Image[ /quote ]

I actually think this may be TheCalicoTabby's. The head is slightly edited but it's so subtle you hardly notice it. I dragged a normal pup and this pup into Photoshop and overlayed them and this pup is definitely edited.

A lot of people are clinging to the 'bobtail' theory but it was said the similarity was small. I feel like a bobtail would be too obvious. A lot of past pets that they colored had some kind of 'underbelly' markings like this one as well hence why I also think this is their pup.

Adding that TheCalicoTabby colors in the chickensmoothie tag on many of her pets. Could this be the subtle similarity? This pup's tag is colored c:

Also adding in that bel racat colored in her pup's tag too and claimed her pup c: Is that the claimed pup it has something in common with?There are two claimed pups with traits similar to the two pups we believe are yours >:3

fruity99 wrote:And the fact that the lines where changed to match along with the chickensmoothie tag

Good job! The 'something' was indeed the coloured chicken smoothie tag. C: It's been recoloured as the lightest & darkest colours from the palette rather than the usual black & white. To everyone who guessed coloured lineart, you were very close! To all the guesses regarding markings and such, good job! Most of what you said was true, even if they weren't what I originally intended with the hint.

So, as promised, I confirm that this is my pup!

Here, have some trivia:

• My name for her is 'Platinum'. I named her after a metal because of the metal/headbanging jokes the gifs started—platinum, specifically, just because I like the sound of it. She didn't have a name before then.

• The first person I saw who guessed my pup correctly was _caramel. C: Who was able to figure it out thanks to Lunarsnow making a gif! And, as you can see from the quotes above, Caelum. was the first to figure out the final hint!

• The other claimed pup I saw with a coloured (not transparent) tag was Sketchi's.

• Here are the artists you guys guessed for my pup, in order of number of guesses (highest to lowest):
bel racat
Me!
Pluma
Firey Gato
Solloby
Jadeghost
Sketchi

• And here are the pups you guessed were mine, in no particular order:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Wow, that's nearly half of them! Good thing I didn't deny more guesses—you could have gotten me by process of elimination!

I guess that's all! Thanks to everyone for the guessing and theories, this was a lot of fun! I hope you all like little Platinum when she grows up—she'll be very similar to her pup form in some ways, yet very different in others. ^^

Well, I'm off to bed, finally! Goodnight, everyone!

~♥~
Last edited by TheCalicoTabby on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ahh, a minute late! D: Ah, well. Close enough.
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deify » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Oh wow it was really neat seeing all that interesting information on your pup and our guesses! Goodnight! Haha~
▬▬▬▬

❝ ❝
we're 𝐅 𝐎 𝐎 𝐋 𝐒
whether we d a n c e or not
so we might as well 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❞ ❞
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx𝐃𝐄𝐈𝐅𝐘 ↠ he/him
xxxxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxx«=

▬▬▬▬
Deify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunsetPatches » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:52 pm

TheCalicoTabby wrote:
Good job! The 'something' was indeed the coloured chicken smoothie tag. C: It's been recoloured as the lightest & darkest colours from the palette rather than the usual black & white. To everyone who guessed coloured lineart, you were very close! To all the guesses regarding markings and such, good job! Most of what you said was true, even if they weren't what I originally intended with the hint.

So, as promised, I confirm that this is my pup!

Here, have some trivia:

• My name for her is 'Platinum'. I named her after a metal because of the metal/headbanging jokes the gifs started—platinum, specifically, just because I like the sound of it. She didn't have a name before then.

• The first person I saw who guessed my pup correctly was _caramel. C: Who was able to figure it out thanks to Lunarsnow making a gif! And, as you can see from the quotes above, Caelum. was the first to figure out the final hint!

• The other claimed pup I saw with a coloured (not transparent) tag was Sketchi's.

• Here are the artists you guys guessed for my pup, in order of number of guesses (highest to lowest):
bel racat
Me!
Pluma
Firey Gato
Solloby
Jadeghost
Sketchi

• And here are the pups you guessed were mine, in no particular order:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Wow, that's nearly half of them! Good thing I didn't deny more guesses—you could have gotten me by process of elimination!

I guess that's all! Thanks to everyone for the guessing and theories, this was a lot of fun! I hope you all like little Platinum when she grows up—she'll be very similar to her pup form in some ways, yet very different in others. ^^

Well, I'm off to bed, finally! Goodnight, everyone!

~♥~

HOOORAAAAAYYY
Love your pup, Calico, and congrats to everyone who helped guess it! C:

account inactive, contact me via DA!
hello everyone! i'm sunny, nice to meet you! :3 she/her
avatar by flyteck, koda pixel by foxbourne on DA! my inbox is always open,
i love to chat + i'm always here if you need someone to listen! ily guys
currently: nope nope nope nope nope nope
tolters」「wmes」 「other creatures」 「DA」 「flight rising」「taming firefly」「seagull's journey」[/size]
SunsetPatches

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby [Shadow] » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Love the Platinum Multistaff by TheCalicoTabby
[Shadow]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raey » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:18 pm

I have the feeling someone is kiddin me...
      0x the first horse outcomes
      6x todays the second horse
      0x ungrown horses....
      what's that -.-

besides:
      Lilian, Lilian...what an amazing first stage... O.o if I wouldn't knew that always some of the plainer pups grew into the most amazing adults I would say I have my favourite..but I think rather wait until all grew up.
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Estella Noire » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Not usually a fan of the colour pink, but it goes really well on this chicken. c: I love it.
This month's been great. Not only have all the staff pups been amazing, but so have all of the other pets, though they may have been somewhat ignored on this thread xD
Estella Noire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shenzai » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Come on, Saikiyo, please... By the love of all gods and dogs (and Jadeghost) could you please clarify what did you mean by "crimped ears"? DX
Shenzai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Chryssy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Shenzai wrote:Come on, Saikiyo, please... By the love of all gods and dogs (and Jadeghost) could you please clarify what did you mean by "crimped ears"? DX

Not entirely sure if this is what Saikiyo means, but looked up crimped ears on google, and they look like this:
LIGHTS OFF
PAYING C$ FOR MISSING CATS/LIONS/FOXES/EQUINES/OTTERS
It's my birthday on Feb. 2nd!
BUYING ITEMS WITH C$! Details in Trade Rules

ImageImage
My Off-Site PPS UR Cat:
Queen Chryssy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saira20 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:37 pm

is the hints chart current? I'd like to see which staff members climbed their dogs, hihi.
ImageMy dreamie || First pet I got from Pound <3Image
Image If you want, please write in german with me, Thanks :D Image
Saira20

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me