September 2014 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: September 2014 Discussion Thread

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Real Kenny Mccormick wrote:
kittyfiend wrote:What coat color is tonight's rat outcome based on?

it looks like it could be calico, but i may be wrong <3

Personally I think it's brindle, which is an actual coloration. I think that if it was calico there would be orange... I could be wrong too, of course.

But brindle is more like tiger stripes, and is a light tannish color under a dark brown color usually (or possibly vice versa).
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:52 pm

I haven't been keeping up with the puppy claimers and
I can't evenright now

I said I was really excited for Graham's and Calico's and someone elses ( I can't remember who, sorry)
AND MY FAVORITE PUP IS CALICO'S!!
// cuddles Calico and the pup//
Thank you so so so much <33

And Graham's ended up being so cool looking AHH
so hyper right now
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catsmeow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Image My gorgeous pup finally grew, and the more I look at him the more I am reminded of "sun dogs." I think it is his eyes and the clouds behind him and the fact that he looks so angelic. I do not know who the artist was, but whoever you are this one is definitely a keeper. Just lovely to look at!!

Sun dogs (or sundogs), mock suns[1] or phantom suns,[2] scientific name parhelia (singular parhelion), are an atmospheric phenomenon that consists of a pair of bright spots on either side on the sun, often co-occurring with a luminous ring known as a 22° halo.[3]

Sun dogs are a member of a large family of halos, created by light interacting with ice crystals in the atmosphere. Sun dogs typically appear as two subtly-colored patches of light to the left and right of the sun, approximately 22° distant and at the same elevation above the horizon as the sun. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but they are not always obvious or bright. Sun dogs are best seen and are most conspicuous when the sun is low. (wikipedia) just in case anyone does not know what a sun dog is!
catsmeow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:
I can't evenright now

I said I was really excited for Graham's and Calico's and someone elses ( I can't remember who, sorry)

so hyper right now

Thank you! ♥ I'm so excited/nervous for her to grow, I hope you guys like her...
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:13 pm

TheCalicoTabby wrote:
Swishy & Broken wrote:
I can't evenright now

so hyper right now

Thank you! ♥ I'm so excited/nervous for her to grow, I hope you guys like her...

I'm sure everyone will love her ^v^
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Fledgling deities and powered creatures are always fascinating creatures, still awkwardly learning their strength not unlike adolescent puppies still learning the length of their legs. And if they have a few extra limbs to figure out, all the more trouble for them. There was always not only the issue of stumbling or accidentally hitting others with a stray leg, arm or disobedient head or tail, but inadvertently vaporizing an unfortunately placed tree. Or house. Or, in some (unforgettable) cases, a good part of the closest village.

Said deity was, most assuredly, trained to restrain themselves very quickly after that.

However, despite everything, they still managed to finally grow into themselves and take their place in the pantheon, giving or taking commands to sustain the balance of life that, in turn, ensured their own existence.

Before the god of the night created dreams, there was nothing to enjoy about the period between dusk and dawn. It was a time of fear and danger, not the peaceful rest that many attribute to it in more modern years. There was always a monster around every corner, hungry, just waiting for its chance to take what it craved, to destroy, to harm. Dreams countered the fear, offering escape and serenity, feeding the hope and joy so intrinsic to all living beings.

Those in the safer areas – the organized and patrolled villages, the calm parts of the wilderness – their dreams made it safely through the thick ether, bypassing the dangers in the parts where the etheric plane was most protected. For the rest, though – the dangerous areas, the locations where the ether was worn thin and penetrable by the monsters and beasts and all things that would destroy hope and life, the god needed Dream Carriers; warriors that bore precious cargo that needed protection from the taint of the darkness that permeated the night and the fear inherent to life in the wild.

They were made to be trustworthy and loyal, fierce fighters that trusted their instincts and senses that they needn’t rely on sight or the same mighty power that created them, which was but a beacon to the monsters, and was so easily corrupted by them. The god could not risk his creations becoming Trojan horses, as the phrase would become, within his inner circle.

Caer was one of the first, one of the favored few that were created and taught by the god. However, being first, being favored, didn’t necessarily imply a willingness to learn, or any pre-programmed knowledge. The Dream Carrier was a restful one, instead, preferring to explore the creation of dreams rather than learn how to find recipients and how to hide the brightness of the dreams with his body.

But of course, school is hardly school without practical applications as well.

The first practice mission was a lonely, flickering soul in the outskirts of a danger zone, under the watchful eye of the instructor. For a creature made without the ability to feel fear – a trait the god found helpful when navigating the darkest parts of the world – Caer certainly tasted nervousness and anxiety that the test would not be passed. The woods there were monstrous, the trees gnarled and twisted, infected with the fanged and clawed beasts as densely as wasps in an old nest, and thrice as vicious as the wicked insects.

And the dream almost didn’t make it to the target.

Feet away from the restless soul, the beasts closed in, and it took all of Caer’s cunning and strength to force them away just long enough to give the poor mortal the peace it was so desperate for, the edges of the dream tattered from the struggle and marred with more than a few tears. The god, seeing the task complete, rescued his pupil and held the tired creature close.

You prefer to create your own dreams instead of training to fight for those of others. Why is that, my creation?

Caer whimpered, curling into a shivering ball against the flowing might that formed the creator’s body. Feeling the failure, the disappointment that the dream had been harmed in the melee; the student was, for sure, marked for destruction, a failed experiment.

“I wish to experience that which you have gifted to the ones we are sent to assist. I wish to understand.”

The god was quiet for a long moment, his power running through his student’s fur as lovingly as a mortal father would rub his child’s back to offer comfort. You were created different from your brothers and sisters. I gifted you with curiosity, and enough will to explore your desires. While the others are purely soldiers made to carry out orders, Caer, you are their guide. You, above all others, are allowed to create, to see.

“See?”

Open your eyes, Little One. The god chuckled, two tendrils of power sliding over the small, dark shoulders. Wings, small but soft, opened in their wake, the thin feathers shifting over one another with a gentle rustle.

Caer’s eyes fluttered open, the luminous gaze settling upon the face of its creator, lighting the void of darkness around the creator and his creation.

My light in the night, may you chase away the darkness as well as you create dreams.

- -

Hints:
“Design quirks” hint
For one, I can’t see blue. Regardless, I used the blue color in the palette because why not. 8D
I also don’t like doing spots. They’re a pain in the butt for me to do, but if I’m going to not listen to someone it’s going to be me not listening to myself. So… blue spots.
Also, I have this bad, bad habit of making complicated designs. If it’s too simple, I get suspicious and start thinking it’s not done, so I just keep going until it’s darn near impossible to draw. xD Whoops?
”Shouldn’t have trouble seeing much” hint
The eyes glow. xD I would have said that it wouldn’t have trouble seeing in the dark, but being vague is more fun~

I believe Luna was the first to pin me correctly for the outcome. Good job! Since then, several others came to the same conclusion, and I commend you all on your detective work. :3

Thank you so much for the kind words on my dear little doggy, guys. <3 I've been gone all day, so to come back and see the adult... goodness. cx
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inkspiration » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Amazilion wrote:
PandoraBanshee wrote:Image

*takes a sharp breath, then slowly exhales*
    This is one gorgeous dog!
    Most definitely my new favourite among the grown up ones.

There's nothing about this that I don't like.

Hahaha! I did the EXACT. SAME. THING!
I'm lying down and even got a little dizzy for a moment.
It is absolutely exquisite.
Oh, Bentley!
You're story is as beautiful and special and unique as Caer!
I am awed by your artistic skills, your design genius, and creative, captivating story-telling!
The stories and the names given to the staff litter outcome this year have been so amazing, I hope it is a tradition that carries on throughout the years. It makes them so much more personal to the staff member who created them!
Love love love Caer.
Last edited by Inkspiration on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inkspiration

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pidgeoncat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:24 pm

very impressed with this one.
pidgeoncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rhinos » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Bentley wrote:

Fledgling deities and powered creatures are always fascinating creatures, still awkwardly learning their strength not unlike adolescent puppies still learning the length of their legs. And if they have a few extra limbs to figure out, all the more trouble for them. There was always not only the issue of stumbling or accidentally hitting others with a stray leg, arm or disobedient head or tail, but inadvertently vaporizing an unfortunately placed tree. Or house. Or, in some (unforgettable) cases, a good part of the closest village.

Said deity was, most assuredly, trained to restrain themselves very quickly after that.

However, despite everything, they still managed to finally grow into themselves and take their place in the pantheon, giving or taking commands to sustain the balance of life that, in turn, ensured their own existence.

Before the god of the night created dreams, there was nothing to enjoy about the period between dusk and dawn. It was a time of fear and danger, not the peaceful rest that many attribute to it in more modern years. There was always a monster around every corner, hungry, just waiting for its chance to take what it craved, to destroy, to harm. Dreams countered the fear, offering escape and serenity, feeding the hope and joy so intrinsic to all living beings.

Those in the safer areas – the organized and patrolled villages, the calm parts of the wilderness – their dreams made it safely through the thick ether, bypassing the dangers in the parts where the etheric plane was most protected. For the rest, though – the dangerous areas, the locations where the ether was worn thin and penetrable by the monsters and beasts and all things that would destroy hope and life, the god needed Dream Carriers; warriors that bore precious cargo that needed protection from the taint of the darkness that permeated the night and the fear inherent to life in the wild.

They were made to be trustworthy and loyal, fierce fighters that trusted their instincts and senses that they needn’t rely on sight or the same mighty power that created them, which was but a beacon to the monsters, and was so easily corrupted by them. The god could not risk his creations becoming Trojan horses, as the phrase would become, within his inner circle.

Caer was one of the first, one of the favored few that were created and taught by the god. However, being first, being favored, didn’t necessarily imply a willingness to learn, or any pre-programmed knowledge. The Dream Carrier was a restful one, instead, preferring to explore the creation of dreams rather than learn how to find recipients and how to hide the brightness of the dreams with his body.

But of course, school is hardly school without practical applications as well.

The first practice mission was a lonely, flickering soul in the outskirts of a danger zone, under the watchful eye of the instructor. For a creature made without the ability to feel fear – a trait the god found helpful when navigating the darkest parts of the world – Caer certainly tasted nervousness and anxiety that the test would not be passed. The woods there were monstrous, the trees gnarled and twisted, infected with the fanged and clawed beasts as densely as wasps in an old nest, and thrice as vicious as the wicked insects.

And the dream almost didn’t make it to the target.

Feet away from the restless soul, the beasts closed in, and it took all of Caer’s cunning and strength to force them away just long enough to give the poor mortal the peace it was so desperate for, the edges of the dream tattered from the struggle and marred with more than a few tears. The god, seeing the task complete, rescued his pupil and held the tired creature close.

You prefer to create your own dreams instead of training to fight for those of others. Why is that, my creation?

Caer whimpered, curling into a shivering ball against the flowing might that formed the creator’s body. Feeling the failure, the disappointment that the dream had been harmed in the melee; the student was, for sure, marked for destruction, a failed experiment.

“I wish to experience that which you have gifted to the ones we are sent to assist. I wish to understand.”

The god was quiet for a long moment, his power running through his student’s fur as lovingly as a mortal father would rub his child’s back to offer comfort. You were created different from your brothers and sisters. I gifted you with curiosity, and enough will to explore your desires. While the others are purely soldiers made to carry out orders, Caer, you are their guide. You, above all others, are allowed to create, to see.

“See?”

Open your eyes, Little One. The god chuckled, two tendrils of power sliding over the small, dark shoulders. Wings, small but soft, opened in their wake, the thin feathers shifting over one another with a gentle rustle.

Caer’s eyes fluttered open, the luminous gaze settling upon the face of its creator, lighting the void of darkness around the creator and his creation.

My light in the night, may you chase away the darkness as well as you create dreams.

- -

Hints:
“Design quirks” hint
For one, I can’t see blue. Regardless, I used the blue color in the palette because why not. 8D
I also don’t like doing spots. They’re a pain in the butt for me to do, but if I’m going to not listen to someone it’s going to be me not listening to myself. So… blue spots.
Also, I have this bad, bad habit of making complicated designs. If it’s too simple, I get suspicious and start thinking it’s not done, so I just keep going until it’s darn near impossible to draw. xD Whoops?
”Shouldn’t have trouble seeing much” hint
The eyes glow. xD I would have said that it wouldn’t have trouble seeing in the dark, but being vague is more fun~

I believe Luna was the first to pin me correctly for the outcome. Good job! Since then, several others came to the same conclusion, and I commend you all on your detective work. :3

Thank you so much for the kind words on my dear little doggy, guys. <3 I've been gone all day, so to come back and see the adult... goodness. cx

Oh wow :0

*Standing ovation*

Truly a touching story, and It also explains a lot about your dog.

I didn't know you couldn't see blue, guess I'll have to keep that in mind next year. Figure out all your hints >:D ! Still, considering the blue spots are tiny, this dog must have been very hard to make. Outcome looks amazing though <3
╭──────────────────────────────────► ┈┈┈ •• * ••✧ ❤ ✧ •• * •• ┈┈┈ ◄──────────────────────────────

══════════════════════════════════════════
══════ Noelle ・✧・ she/her
══════ gaymer™ and sword lesbian fan
══════ love vocaloid songs, esp siinamota
══════ love all things mystery
══════ Check out my gachapon artshop!

══════utena sprite ・✧・ rose tea
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────╯
rhinos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FallenAngel89 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:05 pm

So I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that this pup is Yagmur's.
Pet's name: Tahi
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Their hint was "it's all in the eyes" and this pup has the same color eyes as their staff pet from last year.
FallenAngel89

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me