September 2014 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: September 2014 Discussion Thread

Postby Twisted_Swallow » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:44 am

he kinda freaked me out loll… but was torn… so i sweetened him up!!
x
x
x

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Image Image Image Image
Twisted_Swallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hainu » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:47 am

I feel like this year is the year of line edits and i love all of them. I mean. the eyes on graham's dog's arm look like they're in holes in his arm to me but i can overlook that. I didn't even notice untill all the talk about them! xD

But.. i think i don't have a favorite because all of them [even these ungrown fellas] are absolutely amazing in ways that make them...well. them! c:
hainu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:36 am

I know the antlers are a little off! I know it's REALLY WEIRD, but the antlers are actually growing out of the back of his head/neck.

THAT BEING SAID... The fact that Draca likes it makes me feel good. My dear art idol. Thank u Draca. Bless u.

Kesidi wrote:If you want hear my opinion the antlers and the thing that he is made by Graham reminds me Image

-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌳

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby videogames » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:41 am

Gosh I know it was shown about 8 pages ago but I am so in love with Graham's pet, it's definatly my favorite staff outcome. I personally love the antlers, tongue, and the eyes on it.

Pet's name: Ozäzaliel

ёжик, Bio, or Ellis
in love with kael'thas sunstrider
warcraft/league/pokemon
previously (•̀ᴗ•́)و
eng/ger ok
ImageImage
videogames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:43 am

I honestly think all of the linework on this one is stunning. If you stop and look at the detail in each little tuft it's really impressive. :)
I think that a lot of people would normally expect something different for the antlers but if you think about them like they're coming out from the neck it's actually pretty awesome. :) It's a shame the pose doesn't do that idea more justice - it's a little hard to picture with the way the head covers that area up. I can see why it might not fit some people's aesthetic but I think everyone would agree that the art itself is outstanding.

Edit:
Ah shoot. I've talked it up so much now I really want to do fan art I don't have time for. Lol!
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby my sweet piano » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:46 am

okay

so I go to check my staff pets
and I see THIS
:OOOO
it's so beautifulllll! <3
idk why but it reminds me of myself.
great job, Graham Cracker! XD
x
my sweet piano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:13 am

Kyar wrote:Image
I honestly think all of the linework on this one is stunning. If you stop and look at the detail in each little tuft it's really impressive. :)
I think that a lot of people would normally expect something different for the antlers but if you think about them like they're coming out from the neck it's actually pretty awesome. :) It's a shame the pose doesn't do that idea more justice - it's a little hard to picture with the way the head covers that area up. I can see why it might not fit some people's aesthetic but I think everyone would agree that the art itself is outstanding.

Edit:
Ah shoot. I've talked it up so much now I really want to do fan art I don't have time for. Lol!

I think that the issue most people have with the antlers, at least from what I've seen and understand, is that the pup had the start of them growing out in front of the ears. So, seeing the adult with the antlers coming up from behind the head was weird to see, when comparing it to the pup. I think if the pup had them growing from behind the ears to begin with, then it wouldn't seem so weird to most of the people that have an issue with it.

That being said, I didn't even notice it until it was pointed out. Therefore, it really doesn't bother me at all. I'm not one of those people that expects everything to be perfect in staff litter outcomes, especially since I know not all staff are artists for the site. Even if they are artists with stuff off site, it's still, like Graham mentioned, their first time or one of their few times working with the CS lineart. And besides the little fact of the antlers growing from two different places on the pup and the adult, the lineart edits are absolutely amazing. In fact, based on these lineart edits, if I didn't already know, I wouldn't be able to guess that it was Graham's first time dealing with the CS dog lineart. With how great everything else with the lineart edits are, I think we should be able to forgive the little antler thing between pup and adult. :3

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catsmeow » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:17 am

ImageI think this dog and this one Image are related. They just have certain similarities. Are the artists the same?
catsmeow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:19 am

catsmeow wrote:ImageI think this dog and this one Image are related. They just have certain similarities. Are the artists the same?

No, the artists aren't the same at all. xD That first one was made by Tyr. The second one was made by Graham and it's their first pet ever on the site. :3 I actually don't really see any similarities, tbh. Even the style the lineart is done in is different. ;P

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:23 am

catsmeow wrote:ImageI think this dog and this one Image are related. They just have certain similarities. Are the artists the same?

The only similarities I see are
- they've mostly darker colours
- something is growing out of their heads (antlers / branches)
- overall heavy lineart edits
- dog as base

Hmyes. That pretty much sums it up, but if you look at it like this, they'd be similar to most pets. ^^°
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me