Staff Litter 2015 Discussion Thread V.2

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter 2015 Discussion Thread V.2

Postby Seasonal » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:59 pm

This is really fantastic! It's not what I was expecting from the pup at all. I'm very impressed ^-^ But honestly, I think every pup so far has impressed me! You guys just get better and better each year, and it's so lovely to see the work and styles continuously improve.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Saphira344 wrote:Iam i the only one wondering what happened to the back legs of the pup? was it answered or not i cant find if it was

They disappeared. xD
Really, I didn't want to start out with the back half being fishy, when I started on the midstage - I wanted the tail to be a surprise. That, and the original legend, as I remember it, with Caprocornus, involved him panicking and turning into a goat - before jumping into a river and going half-fish instead.

I guess you can assume they turned into the pelvic fins? They're around the right area, at any rate, and are kinda limb-y. Fish can move them around to help them swim around - or, as in my betta's case, he also uses them to make him appear larger when he displays, or to lean on when he's sleepy. <3
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Bentley wrote:
Saphira344 wrote:Iam i the only one wondering what happened to the back legs of the pup? was it answered or not i cant find if it was

They disappeared. xD
Really, I didn't want to start out with the back half being fishy, when I started on the midstage - I wanted the tail to be a surprise. That, and the original legend, as I remember it, with Caprocornus, involved him panicking and turning into a goat - before jumping into a river and going half-fish instead.

I guess you can assume they turned into the pelvic fins? They're around the right area, at any rate, and are kinda limb-y. Fish can move them around to help them swim around - or, as in my betta's case, he also uses them to make him appear larger when he displays, or to lean on when he's sleepy. <3

haha thank you for answering, i was wondering if it was something like a frog but in reverse, to be honest i never knew there was a legend about Capricorn i must look it up.

Personally i love it, considering Capricorn my star sigh i adore it more XD. don't know witch is better(in my opnion) the horse,dragon, alicorn,pegasas, unicorn dog thing(named opal i belive) or today's growth XD.
Last edited by Saphira344 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out this awsome streamer
Adorable pokemon gif's, click to go to the makers deviantart profile.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My photo gallery. ||My raindom lines||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story|| Arachnia ||

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paperd » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:18 pm

WOW todays pet is amazing! :D Great job!!! :D :D :D
✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

No one can change a person, but someone can be the reason that person changes"
- Spongebob Squarepants

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

Paperd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:33 pm

ticklekid wrote:Why is it that quotes never work right when I try to post???!!!! Anyway......a zebra fish gazelle...thing??? Awesome even though I don't quite know what it is!

It's a Capricorn, or a goat fish! If you look up the star sign Capricorn you'll see it's a goatfish thing. I actually never knew there was a legend associated with it either, I'll have to check that out.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:48 pm

There are quite a few legends, that's just the variation I learned first, and so it's the one I remember best. ^^; There's another that involves Pricus, and I think there's one other, but that one's slipped my mind entirely.
I'm pretty sure there's a legend for every sign in the zodiac (mine, Aries, for example, involves Jason and the Argonauts, as well as being a variation of Ares).

In Lir's story, I wanted to touch the legend, but otherwise have it as a new, separate thing for the pet. So, Caer's creator, the god of dreams/night/sleep/hope, tells Caer about the moment of panic, and puts the goatfish in the sky, like Capricorn. But nothing in the old tales tell of any redemption-seeking, or protection, or anything like that; instead, in the version I remember, Zeus was just too amused and put him up in the sky because he thought it was funny. xD
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrinus » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:06 pm

ticklekid wrote:Why is it that quotes never work right when I try to post???!!!! Anyway......a zebra fish gazelle...thing??? Awesome even though I don't quite know what it is!

It's a Capricorn. :)
Currently Seeking:
Cobweb Bunny
Cyrinus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyure » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:19 pm

... I am of really mixed feelings of that Capricorn dog.

I absolutely LOVE the tail. Omg so amazing!... yet I do not like the goat part :c
Clicky for Dragcave Scroll
Skyure

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ʟᴏʟʙɪᴛ » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Bentley wrote:There are quite a few legends, that's just the variation I learned first, and so it's the one I remember best. ^^; There's another that involves Pricus, and I think there's one other, but that one's slipped my mind entirely.
I'm pretty sure there's a legend for every sign in the zodiac (mine, Aries, for example, involves Jason and the Argonauts, as well as being a variation of Ares).

In Lir's story, I wanted to touch the legend, but otherwise have it as a new, separate thing for the pet. So, Caer's creator, the god of dreams/night/sleep/hope, tells Caer about the moment of panic, and puts the goatfish in the sky, like Capricorn. But nothing in the old tales tell of any redemption-seeking, or protection, or anything like that; instead, in the version I remember, Zeus was just too amused and put him up in the sky because he thought it was funny. xD

i made a comic of the creation of the capricorn constellation!
its all about how pricus (father of the sea goats) continues to turn back time when his children go to the shore and become normal goats
i really like todays! soo much im gonna try to get another one c:
Last edited by [ᴋʀɪꜱ - ᴛʜᴇʏ/ᴛʜᴇᴍ] on December 18th, 2022, 1:06 pm, edited ∞ times in total.
Reason: haha grandpa go brrr

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

xImage

GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!
You're not dropping this beat on OUR turf!
ʟᴏʟʙɪᴛ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MusicalMoony » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:38 pm

The hint chart says Bentley confirmed on pg 99 but it was pg 96 :)

Also... I have been here since '09, and I've seen and owned a lot of pets. But this one's tail is honestly so realistic-looking, anatomically correct, and just very artistically well-done overall. It's probably one of my favourite CS pets in terms of the art. Twas a great job, Bentley, so keep it up!
I'm looking for the Donner Dog from the Christmas 2010 Sleigh litter,
the Grey Husky from the Christmas 2015 Husky litter, and the
Green Field Moon 2nd Gen from the April 2011 Field Moon 2nd Gen litter!

I'm collecting the 2020 Easter bunnies designed by Anouki. They're based on a
Japanese pottery technique where items are repaired by glueing the pieces back
together with a (typically) gold lacquer. It's called "kintsugi" and the idea behind
this is that broken things can still be beautiful, a mantra that has helped me cope
with the latest years of my depression. I've been saving up for a tattoo, to be my
first one, which will also be fashioned after kintsugi. That's why this design holds
a lot of sentimental value for me and, consequently, why I'm setting up a hoard
for them: to remind myself that even though I'm still struggling now, I will get
better. Please help me with this hoard. Thanks for reading. ~Love from Moony
MusicalMoony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me