Complete Guide to CS Horses 2008-2019 (Image Heavy)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Should I continue with this and complete it?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:23 am

Yes
75%
No
25%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes : 12

2016 Horses

Postby HappyPineapple » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:44 pm

January wrote:
Sketch Horses

ImageImage
Shaded sketch horse | Non-shaded sketch horse

ImageImage
Baseline sketch horse | Blank sketch horse

ImageImage
Front half-done sketch horse | Back half-done sketch horse

Pinto sketched horse

Information wrote:The shaded sketch horse is the most common outcome of this litter. The blank and the non-shaded outcomes are second most common.

March wrote:
Needs a name

ImageImage

ImageImage

Information wrote:The unicorn outcome is the most valuable of the litter, being the first to turn uncommon.

April wrote:
Midnight Fairytale Horses
Saikiyo wrote:Well the 'theme' is midnight fairytale (or that's my nickname for the litter). I didn't base it off any specific fairytale but just gave it a dreamy fantasy feel. Though, if you want to make up you're own fairytale or link them to existing fairytales you're welcome to!

ImageImage
Purple fairytale horse | Blue peter pan fairytale horse

Saikiyo wrote:I realize that this horse is reminiscent of an old aboriginal legend, so I'm rolling with it.

May wrote:
Needs a name
ImageImage

June 2016 wrote:
Needs a name

ImageImage

ImageImage

August wrote:
Needs a name

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

October 2016 wrote:
Sweet and Simple horses

ZombiePoodle wrote:There's no story behind these particular designs, though there are some similar-looking horses out there!
I wanted to make a small litter of sweet + simple horse designs, and these are the result <3

ImageImage

ImageImage

November wrote:
Precious Metal Horses

ImageImage
Gold horse | Silver horse

White gold horse

Yağmur wrote:They're gold, white gold and silver

December wrote:
Needs a name

ImageImage

ImageImage

Space Event wrote:
Space Event

December wrote:
Christmas Horses 2016

ImageImage
Buckskin Christmas PPS | Grey Christmas PPS

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by HappyPineapple on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Please check out my Complete Guide to CS Horses 2008-2019
I have one 2011 store horses left until I have a complete 2008-2024 horse collection.
HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2017 Horses

Postby HappyPineapple » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:17 pm

January wrote:
Blood-Sweat Horses

sketchi wrote:just wanted to leave a note of what inspired these horses. or rather, this outcome in particular.
there's a legend of hànxuèmǎ in ancient China, which literally means 'blood sweat horse'. it is said these horses run so fast they sweat blood, and a trainer who could spot one of these horses was also a treasure. after all, these horses look normal when not running, so how would you even find them?
it's just a story my dad told me and stuck in my head which inspired this litter. the internet has a lot of different theories on why it was called 'blood sweat horse', but I like my dad's story best.

ImageImage
Red blood-sweat/Fire horse | Blue blood-sweat/Water horse

ImageImage
White blood-sweat/Air horse | Green blood-sweat/Earth horse
Information wrote:The white outcome is the rarest, being the first to turn uncommon

Chinese New Year Horses

ImageImage
Good fortune horse | Happiness horse

ImageImage
Blue dragon horse | Flaming dragon horse
Information wrote:The good fortune outcome is the rarest, being the first to turn uncommon. The flaming dragon outcome is the most common

February wrote:
The Delft Pattern Horses

EmberWolf wrote:
Barb_ wrote:I am really enjoying the Delft pattern (or is it Willow Ware?) horses too!
It is based off of Delft blue c: I've been waiting to say it until after someone has said it, since most people think they are based off of china, but nope!

ImageImage

ImageImage
| Dutch Porcelain PPS

Valentine's Horses 2017
There is no available information from the artist about this litter.

ImageImage

ImageImage

March wrote:
Needs a name
ImageImage

ImageImage

April wrote:
Needs a name
ImageImage

ImageImage

May wrote:
Needs a name
ImageImage

Information wrote:The darker coloured outcome is the most valuable, being the first to turn common

June wrote:
Splatter Flower Horses
Swiftalu wrote:
relientcola wrote:are the splatters flowers this time?

Yup! They're flowers! c:

Swiftalu wrote:
AutumnWindz wrote:At first glance, I thought they were just paint splatter markings, like on the foals, but it I think they're actually birds! Does anyone else see it? Would make sense with the wing marking near the eye.
Loving this months pets! :D

Yup! You're right, I put birds in the paint splatters. c:

ImageImage
Orange splatter horse | Pink splatter horse

ImageImage
Rabbit splatter horse | Cat splatter horse

Butterfly splatter horse

3rd Gen Horses
ImageImage

ImageImage

July wrote:
Needs a name
No information available on this litter from the artist

ImageImage

ImageImage

Lost City Event

ImageImage

ImageImage

August wrote:
Fairytale Horses
There is no information available on this litter from the artist
ImageImage
Genie lamp horse | Ship-in-a-bottle horse

Potion bottles horse

Information wrote:The potion bottles outcome is the most valuable from this litter, being the first to turn common

September wrote:
Needs a name
ImageImage

October wrote:
Edgar Allen Poe Horses
Saikiyo wrote:
Queenie! wrote:Now I'm flipping through my Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe book trying to figure out what the tan horse with the closed eyes could be. XD
I imagine these will be more well known stories, if they do turn out to be Poe related, so that made me think of these:
Telltale Heart
The Raven
Annabel Lee
Cask of Amontillado
Masque of the Red Death
It makes me think of Annabel Lee the most, as it looks like parchment paper, and from what I can remember, Poe wrote that poem for Annabel Lee, so parchment would make sense to represent it.

How'd you guys figure it out so fast??? You're too good. Now you have to figure out what poems I used. (Hint, I picked the some of the least gory poems, one's you'd read in school.)

ImageImage
The Raven | Telltale Heart

ImageImage
Masquerade of the Red Death | Edgar Allen Poe PPS
Information wrote:The PPS outcome is the most valuable, being the first to turn uncommon

Halloween Horses 2017
There is no information available from the artist about this litter

ImageImage

November wrote:
Needs a name
ImageImage

ImageImage

Christmas Horses 2017

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by HappyPineapple on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 18 times in total.

I have one 2011 store horses left until I have a complete 2008-2024 horse collection.
HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2018 Horses

Postby HappyPineapple » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:17 pm

January wrote:
Penguin Horses

ImageImage
Dark chinstrap | Pale chinstrap

ImageImage
Magellanic | Emperor

ImageImage
Macaroni | Emperor PPS
Information wrote:The emperor PPS is the most valuable outcome from this litter, being the first to turn uncommon

February wrote:
Flower Horses
Yağmur wrote:The blue horse has poppies, yellow has lemon flowers and leaves, and the purple has anemone flowers.

ImageImage
Poppies | Anemone flowers

Lemon flowers

March wrote:
Trophy Horses
Saikiyo wrote:
Hocaro Kitsune wrote:Did the horses have any paticular inspiration?
Are they in any way related in theme to the sea slug ponies?

Yes actually, it's fairly minor theme and I'm pretty surprised no one guessed it (or even tried). It's bronze, silver, gold like trophies. You can see on the newborn there are three bronze stripes (3rd), two silver (2nd) and one gold (1st) all hinting at the outcomes and how common they would be (more stripes the more common) as well as hinting at hidden outcome with the pink under the jaw. And purple is just a nice color (that's it, nothing special there), the gold was originally going to be a lime green and when hue shifting I found pink looked really nice on it too, which is why there's a pink outcome with the metals. I will often try to leave hints in the newborns about later outcomes (like how the slug pony newborn had yellow hooves and all the adult ponies also have yellow hooves)

The ponies and horses have no relationship to each other.

ImageImage
Bronze trophy horse | Silver trophy horse

ImageImage
Gold trophy horse | Trophy PPS

Information wrote:The trophy PPS is the most valuable outcome from this litter, being the first to turn uncommon

April wrote:
2nd Gen Horses 2018

Needs a name
ImageImage

ImageImage

April Fools 2018

CS Birthday

May wrote:
Sand Bottle Horses

ImageImage
Red and blue sand horse | Purple sand horse

ImageImage
Rainbow sand horse | Desert sand horse

ImageImage
Colourful sand horse | Pink and blue sand horse

June wrote:
Musical Horses
ImageImage
Black piebald piano | Dapple silver and black flute

ImageImage
Buckskin violin horse | Appaloosa sheet music PPS

Information wrote:The sheet music PPS is the most valuable outcome of this litter, being the first to turn uncommon

July wrote:
Jungle Event/Okapi Horses

ImageImage
White okapi | Black okapi

Brown okapi

Information wrote:The white okapi horse is the most valuable outcome, being the first to turn rare

August wrote:
Mango Lassi Horses
There is no information available from the artist on this litter
ImageImage

ImageImage

September wrote:
Needs a name
This litter doesn't have a particular theme, according to the artist.
ImageImage

October wrote:
Watercolour Horses
No information from the artist is available on this litter
ImageImage
Yellow watercolour horse | Pink watercolour horse

ImageImage
Blue watercolour horse | Purple watercolour horse

Mule horses

ImageImage
Appaloosa blanket mule | Dark appaloosa mule

ImageImage
Chestnut mule | Pale appaloosa mule

Mule PPS
Information wrote:The PPS outcome is the most valuable, being the first to turn uncommon

Halloween Horses

ImageImage
Dark halloween horse | Light halloween horse
Spotted halloween horse

November wrote:
Needs a name
No information is available from the artist about this litter
ImageImage

Last edited by HappyPineapple on Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 10 times in total.

HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2019 Horses

Postby HappyPineapple » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:18 pm

January wrote:
Needs a name
There is no information available from the artist on this litter.
ImageImage

ImageImage

February wrote:
Needs a name
ImageImage

ImageImage

April wrote:
Needs a name

ImageImage

April Fool's

CS Birthday

Easter

May wrote:
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Last edited by HappyPineapple on Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Store Horses (Maybe)

Postby HappyPineapple » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:27 pm

Reserved ~
If anyone would like to make this section please feel free <3

HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby HappyPineapple » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:01 am

Reserved ~
Last edited by HappyPineapple on Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Some references

Postby HappyPineapple » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:37 pm

For my own reference in naming.

Tyr wrote:
cervas wrote:Image
Tyr did a wonderful job with the horses this month. c: Which horse pelt coloration is this one?

Thank you so much! This one is a silver bay :)

Tyr wrote:
horselover1107 wrote:Image
OMGoodness!!!! I love this horse!!!! I looked at it and fell in love!!!! So pretty!!! Palomino paint right? And also, did they say what coloring this one was based off of?

The first is a Frame Overo, and the second is a Varnish Appaloosa :)

Tyr wrote:
Zenny wrote:Image
Hm, kind of looks like rabicano markings on black. XD

YAY, you got it! it IS rabicano, actually :)
Rabicano is so little known, and is one of my favorite colorations

Tyr wrote:
Stephajo wrote:
I don't know much about horses...but i know the other two from the litter are based off of coloring/breed/whatever
anyone know what this is based on? (I like to name the horses after them)

Varnish Appaloosa :)

February 2015 Horses

Litter Name: Champagne Gene Horses

Posts with the confirmed names:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2602082&start=3640#p83876603
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2602082&start=3550#p83828962
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2602082&start=3440#p83782134
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2602082&start=3660#p83907859

KC. wrote:The horses are all just Natural colors found in horses, they all have the Champagne Gene, i believe if you check a few pages back you will find their names, i found a few of them though:

Image Amber Ivory Champagne
Image Amber Champagne Dun
Image Dapple Amber Champagne Tobiano
ImageClassic Champagne Spotted Blanket Appaloosa

Lilian Nightshade wrote:Image Silver Classic Champagne Dun Sabino

Image Sooty Dapple Sable Champagne Splash

Lilian Nightshade wrote:
Birchii wrote:Image
This is so beautiful <3

Just an observation, the scenery on the horse is meant to look like an oil painting(those who watched the movie know why XD).

Lilian Nightshade wrote:Since my horses are finally done growing, I shall explain their theme. I like to call this Grief Litter, for it's based on the five stages of grief. That's why they folowed this rather... odd growth system. They were simulating the progress of the stages on a person, and each horse's design is also my symbolic interpretation of each stage.

Denial is something that breaks you apart, for you're constantly trying to ignore the harsh reality and thus start an inner conflict between what's real and what is not. Thus the "broken" appearance of the horse.

Anger is like an infection. It takes over when you're at your weakest and corrupts you from the inside out, and so I made the horse look infected, with spiderweb veins all over him.

Bargaining is "what if" stage, where you're constantly beating yourself over what happened and keep trying to change the past, when it's clearly no use. With this I made the horse look very weak, tired and beaten up.

Depression is such a vast field to explore and very hard to squeeze everything in one design, but basically I made the horse look half sick, half healthy, because while you look fine in the outside and everybody thinks you're ok, deep inside you're far from it. The horse also has a chain marking on his neck to represent the chained feeling depression has on you.

And lastly, here we have Acceptance. I wanted to make the horse look very peaceful and light, yet still bearing faint scars from the grief it passed through. After all, even though you may have achieved acceptance, what happened is something you will always carry with you.

TheSugarThief wrote:
Lilian Nightshade wrote:

The first horse I painted was the Nausicäa one(I actually started working on it the month after the Ghibli ponies were released), and it was so hard to make I had to take a break from this litter for about 2 months from how sore my wrist had become... you will see why once that foal grows up. Afterwards I worked on Kiki's Delivery Service and it was PAIN because I had no idea how to properly portray the movie in that design. I was stuck on that horse forever and it was mainly thanks to it I took so long to develop this litter.

Ponyo was a bit hard too, but I only took a few days, while I managed to pixel-paint the Laputa horse in less than 24 hours due to a huge intake of inspiration XD. Same thing with The Wind Rises.

November '14 In order in the archive they're Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, The Cat Returns and Tales From Earthsea.

Solloby wrote:They're natural appaloosas splashed with fantasy colours, I don't have any specific wording for a theme for them though.
HappyPineapple wrote:Hi, I was wondering if you'd be able to tell me what the theme was for the February 2019 pets you designed?
Thank you <3

Mckarca wrote:
RavenWolf1010 wrote:All right, I've been trying to still figure out the themes for pets for past month.

As soon as I saw Aurakeeper though, I knew the rest of the horses were some sort of gem. I found it coincidental that a week before the release, I had joined an RP that involved gems, and had chosen one called Chalcopyrite. While there's a golden type, there's also another form, called the Peacock ore, which Aurakeeper was! At least I was 99% sure. Anyways, while on that topic, I saw the same (it was refined, so I wasn't 100% sure that it was Peacock ore, but i was pretty sure. When I went to look up the proper name, I saw the exact same thing) rock right there! So now I wonder when the next time It will pop up again. XD

Anyways, besides the one Peacock ore horse, I don't know the others' geodes, and would like to know. As well as what the themes are for the ponies, 2nd gen, and so on. I've searched through the thread (not exactly thoroughly though) for the information, but didn't find much. I hope I came to the right place to ask.... Sorry if I did not. I'll move my question to the place... But I don't know where that it.

Aurakeeper- Opal Geode
Dreamcatcher- Amethyst Geode
Corewatcher- Blue Agate Geode
Biomancer- Frog Geode (frogs trapped in geodes)
Equinox- Banded Onyx Agate Geode with Crystalline Quartz
Last edited by HappyPineapple on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby HappyPineapple » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Reserved ~

HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP | Guide to CS Horses | Feedback Wanted: posting welc

Postby HappyPineapple » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Reserved ~

HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Guide to CS Horses | WIP

Postby HappyPineapple » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:25 pm

So if anyone can name any of these horses for me (I need the original source as I'm trying to keep this accurate) I would love you forever. I'm finding a lot of the old discussion threads are deleted, and even if they're not, the artist doesn't always reveal what the pet is themed around. There's also a few retired artists.

HappyPineapple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me