Why Do People Hoard?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Why Do People Hoard?

Postby kpDelarue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:56 pm

Personally, I hoard outcomes that just make me happy to have or to trade for! <3 These random star dogs as one example, and two outcomes of my favorite dog litter as another! Just little things that spark joy and give me motivation to trade more often :]
kpDelarue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCrowAtMidnight » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:57 pm

I like a few things and horde them, but my favorite is the baby tomato rats 🥰 they’re so cute
”We are, all of us, stardust, held together by love for an instant.”~The Merciful One

”I’m not lying. I never lie.”~ Aaravos
TheCrowAtMidnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Latibule » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:58 pm

I don't hoard pets that much, I've had one or two active hoards before. I've started one now.
Personally it's because I get bored with trying to find the last three pets of my bwolf collection that I look for something else to chase down, if it's multiple copies of pets that's fine by me.

I'll never do a high rarity hoard though (In my opinion it's not too fair for others), I'll always stick to common and below + not doing older dates either.
An amateur wildlife photographer
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Pursuing a dream with a camera.
Latibule

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby idkpiza » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:59 pm

I personally have multiple hoards, for example one of them a finished hoard of pets that look like my late guinea pig, and I also have an infinite hoard of a specific bandaid design outcome for a rat from 2018. I just think it is a really cute outcome, and being a random very common rat from 2018, not many ppl care about it much. I got kind of obsessed w the design and think its very cute and is honesly my favorite pet design on the site now, and so I just like having a big folder of all of my cuties to look at and appreciate!! the folder :)
!!!call me duckie :3!!!
duck/ducks pronouns please :D
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
ImageImageImage
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
☆☆☆☆
idkpiza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .cream. » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:00 pm

yeah personally if I just really like a design of a certain pet it brings me joy to have multiple of that pet. I try to be picky with what I hoard though (there are too many pets I like.)
also gives me something to do besides collecting
cream 🩷 he/she 🩷 adult
always LF WL bunnies
.cream.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cafemochi » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:05 pm

tbh hoards are the only thing im on the site for! maybe cause neroudivergent, but i just love having multiples of a pet i really like. I go through cycles sometimes though and disband them but they are usually just all lower rarity pets. My main hoard and the reason i am on the site is my epps kitty hoard! Its my favourite lineart in the qhole game and cats are what got me to play chicken smoothie in the first place. They are super important to me and ive lowkey spent a lot on this hoard! Its like a little comfort? Like i can run into a room full of kitties hehe. Also people are usually kind and gift me some and that makes my day. So hoarding is mostly just a fun calming thing for me!

Last edited by cafemochi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
bImage
––✧ Image ✧––
amari/mochi⎟she/her
- epps cat collector! look at all my cats! -
click images for credit!
✧ flightrising: dragons⎟commissions: closed⎟trades: open
ImageImageImage
cafemochi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PansyPossum » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:03 pm

I only have one little hoard so far! I love collecting pets but with most designs I don't often find the need for more than one maybe two of a pet in my personal collection, but I totally get wanting to. I love looking at other peoples hoards, its aesthetically pleasing and I love the effort put into collecting so many!! I'm more into collecting one of every pet from the years I actively played versus collecting one pet multiple times, but I hope to have more hoards one day! Mostly I just wait for designs that I LOVE and are easy enough to obtain, because I don't put a ton of effort looking for things if I already have them lol.

My first hoard is just a design I fell in love with from my first Halloween event here! These little imps!
It's the perfect amount of silly spooky fun, and a unique lineart edit. (I hope to see more in future Halloweens...!) Halloween is my favorite holiday and I was excited to have a special design to remember the first chicken smoothie Halloween I participated in! <3 I almost didn't hoard them but, I kept getting more and I figured I might as well! I'm so glad I did, I love looking at them all!! I kept it small though, only 20, 5 of each unique design, mostly because I wanted a full page without one design being more prominent than another. I figure if I bump into any more of the imps I'd happily take them into my collection, just not enough to actively trade for. It's a good size for me!
he/they pronouns
Always open to trading my duplicates!
Pet's name: Lazlo
PansyPossum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:17 pm

she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:34 pm

I hoard pets that I like the designs of because I'm missing less than 80 pets for a complete collection, and they're all really high-value pets, so I need something to keep me occupied in the meantime. :)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:59 pm

I hoard many things for different reasons.

My biggest one is my rainbow pet hoard. It's an lgbtqia+ themed hoard.
Then my ace hamsters (which aren't huge) are very similar reasoning.

Then food and drinks.

Then TV... dinner?
(Not gonna lie, I think I just had a butt ton of these lying around? :lol: )

Then I hoard pets that remind me of movies.
Beetlejuice
It
Silence of the lambs

Then shows.
Good Omens
Wallace & Gromit

Then funny stuff (either the theme is funny or the lines make the theme funny).
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4
Example 5 (this outcome really liked me because 7 of them are my adopts)

I want to say one thing though:
I do hoard some pets of value (stores). Mostly because when I got the bulk of them, they had no value.
I've hoarded for over a decade and rarely disband hoards. The age (and rarity leaps) of them just comes with the territory.
If I buy (store hoards) after the fact, I offsite trade and pay whatever the seller asks. Whether they're fair prices or not (aka overpay), I don't focus or ask on 😬

Also I literally need zero excuse to make an entire hoard based off a pun or play at words :lol:
(My hoards are all back burnered until my set is done. So yes, some aren't super hot)
Last edited by FreddyCenobite on Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me