The "Understanding Rarities" Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Understanding Rarities" Guide

Postby La Roux'd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:54 am

This is really great Komi. I was thinking about making a thread like this not long ago, but i didn't think i knew enough, nor could i write it well enough for it to be useful. Lol.
I am excited about your rares list breakdown, that would be extremely useful.
Good work c:
ImageImage
La Roux'd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:54 am

KOMI, Y U DO DIS 2 ME.

Quite literally three days ago I PMd my own version of "understanding rarities". XD Of course, it was a lot longer and probably a bit more complicated. o.e; Still, wonderful job! It's a lot simpler than mine, and it covers pretty much everything I said (minus the store pets, I didn't mention that, must have slipped my mind though I also mentioned hoarding [which would fall under demand too I suppose]). Of course, you've been at it longer than me too, so mine likely has more mistakes too. I can't wait for The Rares List break down though. <3

PS: Adding to Guide Index unless you say otherwise?
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:14 am

Ooooh, PM me what you had, I can combine some of the stuff maybe? I only came up with the idea like last week or so. I was going to put hoarding up, but I really didn't want people getting the idea that hoarding is bad, even if I didn't quite say that.

The Rares list break down might take a little bit, as I want Deja's help a bit.

And sure, you can totally add it. I just wanted to make sure it was received well before submitting it and falling on my face. c:

And thanks La Roux'd! Let me know if there's anything I should be adding to it. c:
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 am

Ahh, I just mentioned (haha, mentioned... >_>;) that it was due to demand, and that the "value" would go up because of that. I also mentioned (haha... again) some other stuff, but I suppose I'll PM it to you. I was originally going to wait for a few of my friends to read it to make sure it was actually understandable (fusrs, it's a lot longer than yours and says pretty much the same thing XD) and then PM you and some others to make sure it was actually accurate information-wise.
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:29 am

.: T O K I :. wrote:Ahh, I just mentioned (haha, mentioned... >_>;) that it was due to demand, and that the "value" would go up because of that. I also mentioned (haha... again) some other stuff, but I suppose I'll PM it to you. I was originally going to wait for a few of my friends to read it to make sure it was actually understandable (fusrs, it's a lot longer than yours and says pretty much the same thing XD) and then PM you and some others to make sure it was actually accurate information-wise.

... see, the logical thing would have been for me to get other people to read it, but I was too lazy. So I just went ahead and posted it. Sorry for jumping ahead of yours. xD At least we honestly had no idea the other was planning to write it. Feel free to PM it to me and I could maybe use some of your explanations to help smooth out mine and add you to the top of the guide. 8D

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKEEE.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:40 am

Hnng, you rock Komi. ;_;

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:46 am

Very nice guide! This will make it so much easier to answer questions about rarity XD Just send them here!

But I was wondering, wheren't all the July and August 08 pets very rare from the beginning of the rarity tags?
I mean way back in 08 they where of course uncommon and rare etc, but when we got the rarity tags they where all very rare or am I really that bad at remembering? XD
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liru Kaulitz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:46 am

Wow, this is awesome! Your rock for this, Hekomi. Now I know exactly where to point all the users who send me noobish trades. ;_;
Liru Kaulitz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PitchBlack » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:58 am

I love this guide and we really did need it ^_^
Thank you for it ^^
[[ She/Her * Adult * Married * Introvert ]]

<———- Meet Kimora, I was given her because I was an oekaki mod from 2011 to 2016.

August 13, 2022 - As I have observed over the last year, generosity is very easy to come by in this society. There are always bad apples lurking in shadows, alas I havent had to deal with these menaces yet.
PitchBlack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Minimanta wrote:Very nice guide! This will make it so much easier to answer questions about rarity XD Just send them here!

But I was wondering, wheren't all the July and August 08 pets very rare from the beginning of the rarity tags?
I mean way back in 08 they where of course uncommon and rare etc, but when we got the rarity tags they where all very rare or am I really that bad at remembering? XD

And that my dear is where I'm a tad shaky. I'm going from knowledge from Maus and Solloby's guides as to what they are. When did the rarity tags come around, I cannot remember.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me