GH Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion Thread

Postby Raire » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:16 pm

The shadow kitty has been guessed for so many different GHs now, that I can't help but laugh a bit. Poor kitty! XD
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Celozon wrote:My cat should be getting pretty easy to guess now! Tell you what, if you all can figure out what I'm referring to in this hint, I'll confirm which kitten is mine.

Celozon wrote:Similar to last year, the theme of my cat is not yet obvious, but it does already have a distinct difference, maybe it can be spotted?

And to help out, I'll give a hint on figuring this out. What I'm referring to I am doing so in terms of pixel art. The teen might not be pixel, but the adult is, and what I'm referring to passes over to the adult.
*slips in quietly* Could 'spotted' be a key-word here? ^^
Cel's cat from last year was nearly spotted, but not quite?...
although it's probably nothing. /:
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Nicky Midnight wrote:
    Hmmm.. well, the cats that could be Celozon's are these;
    Day 6 and Day 9. No idea what the hint is referring to though.
    ImageImage
    Or possibly the ghost/shadow kitty if it's colors change between stages, it's
    light colored now and Cel said their cat is primarily dark colored. Day 7.
    - Denied day 4 on the night it grew
    - Day 10 has lineart edits on the teen, they said their's doesn't
    - Day 12 is a PPS, their's has an adult stage

But wouldn't the shadow count as a line edit?

I'll say it's the second one. It's the only one out of all the cats with a white-ish nose and green eyes. The other cat has blue-ish eyes and there are other kitties with blue/lilac eyes.
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tomura » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Nicky Midnight wrote:
    Hmmm.. well, the cats that could be Celozon's are these;
    Day 6 and Day 9. No idea what the hint is referring to though.
    ImageImage
    Or possibly the ghost/shadow kitty if it's colors change between stages, it's
    light colored now and Cel said their cat is primarily dark colored. Day 7.
    - Denied day 4 on the night it grew
    - Day 10 has lineart edits on the teen, they said their's doesn't
    - Day 12 is a PPS, their's has an adult stage

Personally, I think it's the shady kitty. I mean, Celozon said their teen this year didn't have an obvious theme but had some sort of "distinct difference". The theme of the shady kitty? Not obvious. Distinct difference? The shadow! Plus, if you think about it, the pattern of this kitty and the pattern of Celozon's kitty last year have a sorta similar pattern. This one's based off a tabby (by the looks of it), and tabby's are striped cats, and their kitty last year had stripes as the main pattern. Plus, think about it -- "red" (really pink, but bear with me!) stripes on black base. Blue stripes on white base. They seem like exact opposites, yet they're so similar! Plus, the shadow could be hinting at the fact that the kitty gets a darker color in its adult stage.

But that doesn't mean I'm ruling out the other kitties as Celozon's! I think the first of those two kittens (the bee/flower one) is I think Lady Masquerade's (it's 3:30 am hopefully I didn't mix up anyone or get the name wrong, lmao), so the second one? Celozon did say that they like freckles, and maybe those spots could count as freckles...? Dunno really. But the last five words of their last hint intrigued me. "Maybe it can be spotted?" Spotted. That's why I think it's possible that the Day 9 could potentially be theirs. Not sure about the "distinct difference" though.
I finally changed my profile, happy now?
Tomura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilovepelicans » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Celozon wrote:My cat should be getting pretty easy to guess now! Tell you what, if you all can figure out what I'm referring to in this hint, I'll confirm which kitten is mine.

Celozon wrote:Similar to last year, the theme of my cat is not yet obvious, but it does already have a distinct difference, maybe it can be spotted?

And to help out, I'll give a hint on figuring this out. What I'm referring to I am doing so in terms of pixel art. The teen might not be pixel, but the adult is, and what I'm referring to passes over to the adult.

Cel's cat can only be one of three possibilities.
Day 4- Denied
Day 5- Claimed by someone else
Day 6- Possible
Day 7- Possible
Day 8- Claimed by someone else.
Day 9- Possible
Any cat after Day 9- Denied

As a bonus, none of these cats have an obvious theme yet!

Flower kitty!
This cat has smaller than normal ear fluff. It's something that I noticed the day it grew but never thought was very important. However, it could qualify as a distinct difference. In addition, its eyes are very pale and the pupil is hard to distinguish which makes them very noticeable, especially against such a dark body. And how can we forget it's cute lil mustache! Two little blue spots on its upper lip, very unique, very distinct. All of these could carry on to the adult.

Space kitty!
I've conjectured about this kitty being Celozon's before. If we venture to take Cel's hint to be about eyes, which are very useful in spotting things, one can't help but notice this baby's striking green eyes! It's the only one of its litter so far to have green eyes. It's nose is also white! Again, the only one of its litter. Now, going on Cel's scavenger hunt... The first clue led us to a post in their gallery whose background is- you guessed it- space, which this kitten reminds most of us of! These things are hardly ever coincidence. Spotted could refer to the spots on this baby, though that seems a little obvious considering Cel's otherwise being vague. Dark color, check. Like I've said before, the spots on the cat leave plausible room for freckles to be added in the adult.

Last but not least, Ghost kitty!
Of the three candidates, it is the most distinct. Day 6 and Day 9 look undeniably similar in their teen stages. Of the three candidates as well, its theme is the least obvious. It really so far only has the markings of a tabby cat, but the shadow is intriguing. This outcome seems unlikely at first, because it is so lightly colored and Cel gave the hint that their cat will be primarily dark colored. But then again, that hint did say the cat will be dark colored, and didn't mention the kitten at all. This kitten's shadow is definitely a distinct difference that separates it form the rest of its litter mates, and I hope something so distinct would pass on to the adult stage! To go by Cel's wording, you can "spot" someone by their shadow. This cat is easily the lightest so far of its litter, which makes it stand out. And the biggie that I want to point out is that this kitten is outlined not in black like the other cats but in blue. This is a very distinct difference to the other cats and would probably make the pixel art for the adult smoother.

[Have I said "distinct difference" enough times yet?]

As an aside... there's two of Cel's clues that have dealt with dragons and smoke and I feel like that is too many to ignore. I'm betting their theme has something to do with one or both of those things. I'll admit I'm struggling to find hint #5 in the scavenger hunt and therefore can't tie it to the cat. 5 minutes after posting this, I found it. And you know what? It makes three hints tying in with horns. The first two also have horns but are both distinctively dragons and smoke as well.
Last edited by ilovepelicans on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image .. Image
I - S T A N D - A L O N E
ilovepelicans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abxy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:13 pm

@ilovepelicans
You're a dang good detective.

The markings on ghost kitty do look a bit like smoke, and it does have yellow eyes, which dragons frequently have.
--
By the way, the shadow isn't technically a line edit. It's more of a shading edit. The lines on the cat weren't touched at all aside from changing the colours, which also doesn't really count.

Idk though, maybe it does count as a line edit. I don't completely know how this works.
abxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilovepelicans » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:28 pm

hazel corazones wrote:@ilovepelicans
You're a dang good detective.

The markings on ghost kitty do look a bit like smoke, and it does have yellow eyes, which dragons frequently have.
--
By the way, the shadow isn't technically a line edit. It's more of a shading edit. The lines on the cat weren't touched at all aside from changing the colours, which also doesn't really count.

Idk though, maybe it does count as a line edit. I don't completely know how this works.

Aww thank you bb <3 I'm not super confident though, because we've got it down to three and I can't narrow it down to one! As for the lineart, the blue color is definitely not a line edit, just a stylistic choice. And like you said, I don't consider the shadow to be a line edit, either, since it doesn't affect the actual lineart. Furthering this train of thought, every time someone attributed the edited kitten to Celozon, they chimed in with a "My teen has no lineart edits!" but never spoke up to deny the shadow cat when attributed to them.
Image .. Image
I - S T A N D - A L O N E
ilovepelicans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:17 pm

That is true, I never said if my kitten was dark colored, so ghost kitten could potentially be mine c:

I will say though not to try overthinking it too much! It's actually a really easy thing to overlook, thus my clue that you should look at things from a pixel art point of view. It's more important in that aspect. I know not everyone is a big pixel nerd like me though, you don't need to be to figure it out, but it'll help ^^

Oh and on my scavenger hunt, most, but not necessarily all of the clues there have corresponding hints (some of them could be but it would be a bit of a stretch, or the same thing as a previous one). You've gotten several of those right though! One of them you all keep making different guesses about, and you are close, but looking in the wrong direction

EDIT; Now that I'm at my computer I can explain a bit better. I'll help you all out and say for the scavenger hunt, clue 1 and 2 have hints, the others won't be helpful ^^

A lot of my hints probably look related to dragons cause I really love dragons (and most reptiles in general), so they tend to pop up a lot, especially in my gallery, and I hoard a number of dragon-related pets. However my cat this year is not dragon related!
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:45 am

*First of all, hi. I have just been silently watching all this ahaha.*

Well, after zooming in I'm pretty sure it's one of these two kitties-
Image- When zoomed in, the shadow looks kinda pixely. Hmm.
or
Image- All the little dots and specks also look like little pixels when zoomed in...
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 8catpaws » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:46 am

Drasheep wrote:*First of all, hi. I have just been silently watching all this ahaha.*

Well, after zooming in I'm pretty sure it's one of these two kitties-
Image- When zoomed in, the shadow looks kinda pixely. Hmm.
or
Image- All the little dots and specks also look like little pixels when zoomed in...

Everything is pixels if you zoom in far enough but I like the theory

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flags for every country I've visited!
8catpaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups