November Discussion Thread V.2

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: November Discussion Thread V.2

Postby sylvre » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Spotty wrote:
odin wrote:
Xella wrote:And the hyena dogs' neck does set me off. I wonder if that will change...

Seems pretty correct to a hyena to me? I mean, it might look odd, but it's not supposed to be a dog, it's a hyena.

It's even more extreme when they are cubs^^'. They look funny but they are still oh-so-adorable.

I think this basically confirms it's a hyena. xDD
FREE Earth nest rentals! Visit me on FlightRising!
sylvre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruruskadoo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 pm

I love tonight's growth! The only thing I dislike about it is its pose, which I think makes the shoulders look slightly awkward and steals from its potential a bit, but that's not Spotty's fault, that's limitations of the original lineart. I'd love if we could have a whole original lineart completely dedicated to hyenas. XD For that matter, toss gryphons in there too. All in all though, I'm very pleased. My only regret is that I can't keep a pup as PPS so I can have both an adult and a pup.
She/her, irregular hours but I'll try to get back to you as fast as I can
Ruruskadoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Symphonic » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 pm

i really like this guy.
i agree though that i feel something is "off" about it though.
mostly around the shoulders/front legs. i'm not sure what feels off, there's just... something.
i dunno. i like the dog otherwise. enough to put my spare in my favourites group.
Symphonic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Ohhh, this one's a cutie < 3 I still really love the concept, as well as that cute little tail.

I agree that the neck/shoulders looks strange, however. There's no smooth blend between the two, so it gives a sort of sunken in look that makes it seem as if the hyena is shrugging. Hyenas do have some pretty big shoulders, but their shoulders blend almost flawlessly into the neck. With the line separating the two, it sort of cuts of the smooth flow and makes the shoulders too large.
On top of that, hyenas have long necks. Large shoulders with a large neck would look fine-- large shoulders with a short neck, however, is somewhat awkward.
Still an adorable pet though; I love the face.

Edit:

Dug up something to show what I mean about that extremely long neck, as well as the shoulders. The shoulders bump out, but they then blend straight into the neck
Last edited by Susiron on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Susiron wrote:Image
Ohhh, this one's a cutie < 3 I still really love the concept, as well as that cute little tail.

I agree that the neck/shoulders looks strange, however. There's no smooth blend between the two, so it gives a sort of sunken in look that makes it look like the hyena is shrugging. Hyenas do have some pretty big shoulders, but their shoulders blend almost flawlessly into the neck. With the line separating the two, it sort of cuts of the smooth flow and makes the shoulders too large.
On top of that, hyenas have long necks. Large shoulders with a large neck would look fine-- large shoulders with a short neck, however, is somewhat awkward.

I like the way the neck/shoulders are. For me the part that I'm not sure about is the joint where the leg is normally fluffy on a dog - it just looks a little too thin to me and it makes the leg look strangely muscular or something. Maybe that's how hyenas are I dunno but I think the neck is adorable. :) Overall this is an awesome outcome!
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruruskadoo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Susiron wrote:Image

I agree that the neck/shoulders looks strange, however. There's no smooth blend between the two, so it gives a sort of sunken in look that makes it seem as if the hyena is shrugging. Hyenas do have some pretty big shoulders, but their shoulders blend almost flawlessly into the neck. With the line separating the two, it sort of cuts of the smooth flow and makes the shoulders too large.

Edit:

Dug up something to show what I mean about that extremely long neck, as well as the shoulders. The shoulders bump out, but they then blend straight into the neck

I couldn't put my finger on it, but now that you've pointed it out, I can see you're absolutely right! I think the biggest problem is editing lines for a dog to look like a hyena, when really hyenas aren't all that dog shaped. XD
She/her, irregular hours but I'll try to get back to you as fast as I can
Ruruskadoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Mhmm, precisely xD
Being of the feliformia class, a hyena might resemble canines in ways, but it is a completely different animal and so has its differences in anatomy.
I give the artist high props for what they managed to accomplish with the lineart, though. There are a bit of faults with it, but the concept itself is still excellent and it's a cute pet. The pros widely outweigh the cons.
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Love the outcome but really wish he would have a PPS equivalent! Look how gorgeous the pup I dressed up is c:

]Image[/
ImageImageImageImageImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aphotex » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:18 pm

My opinion? Lol I'm a lover of all animals especially animals that are from the savannah. (going to school to be a zookeeper for these types of animals) :) I can find no faults in this hyena, I love it! If it was supposed to look 100% accurate then it would I can be sure of that. It was meant to be a cute little surprise. A cartoony version of a hyena. I think he is perfect and my new FAVORITE :D great job to all the artists. <3
Aphotex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Pet's name: Gillyweed (Clowesa)

I didn't like this one at first... but I'd have to say he's one of my favourite CS dogs now. It's those eyes *o*
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me