GH Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion Thread

Postby ilovepelicans » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Celozon wrote:
Eaglespirit wrote:I know a few people have said they don't split..... but what if it did and one woke up from a nice dream and the other a nightmare

Also, petition to have that lineart used again <3

I will sign this petition I love Kyar's cat so much ;w;

Birchii wrote:
Celozon wrote:The markings are similar, but thats not it! It also does not have to do with the shadow ^^

Welp, I thought I had it. I feel so certain yours is the ghost cat cx Is it that both your kitties are on the supernatural/ghoulish/Halloween kinda theme? What with your kitty last year being a skeleton/zombie jelly kitty, and the ghost cat being a spooky ghost? 2spooky4me I also seem to remember seeing that fall is your favourite season somewhere, and Halloween is right in the middle of fall? I'm pulling at straws now aha

I do love Halloween and Autumn! Halloween is my favorite holiday despite never actually going out and getting candy. My cat's theme is related to something commonly associated with Halloween. Whether mine is ghost kitty though is yet to be seen c:

I'm just gonna bring all of this here and put in all the various clues I gave to help you all with this hint, that way its all easy to find on one post. I'm afraid you all are gonna be disappointed when you finally get it right >u< I promise it will mostly make sense when you figure it out though! And I will confirm when you do so, however, my cat's theme will not be revealed before it grows.

Celozon wrote:Similar to last year, the theme of my cat is not yet obvious, but it does already have a distinct difference, maybe it can be spotted?

Clues so far;
  • You only need to compare my cat from last year and my cat from this year.
  • What I am referring to is in terms of pixel art. Its not pixelated yet, but it will be in the adult. Having knowledge of pixel art (and how it is done) will help but is not necessary.
  • Don't overthink it.

It is not referring to;
  • Spots of any kind
  • The shadow on ghost kitty
  • Anything that looks pixel-ish currently
  • Any similarity in markings

And these are the remaining possibilities;
ImageImageImage

Alright, let's see if I can jumble my messy thoughts into coherent phrases.

Ghost cat and space cat sure have a lot of blending and softening going on in their coat, where as flower cat doesnt. Flower cat's design consists of distinct shapes on a pretty flat background (devoid of almost any shading) and of a discernibly different color. This makes pixellating the design 1000 times easier. In addition, this cat's design does not span the entire length of the cat's side, unlike last year's kitty. Both of the other designs do. Though, Cel said their hint doesn't refer to "any similarity in markings", so I don't know if that parts totally relevant.. it's technically a difference in markings though so

And now to stretch it further, the theme has something to do with something commonly associated with Halloween. Scarecrows are often symbols of the holiday, and flowers are in their fields (kind of). The swirlies could represent the pests they are warding away. Alright, maybe this was too far. Anyways, Cel said the theme wouldn't be apparent until the adult stage.

notice me senpai

Edit: yoooo i never saw this edit AH

Celozon wrote:That is true, I never said if my kitten was dark colored, so ghost kitten could potentially be mine c:

I will say though not to try overthinking it too much! It's actually a really easy thing to overlook, thus my clue that you should look at things from a pixel art point of view. It's more important in that aspect. I know not everyone is a big pixel nerd like me though, you don't need to be to figure it out, but it'll help ^^

Oh and on my scavenger hunt, most, but not necessarily all of the clues there have corresponding hints (some of them could be but it would be a bit of a stretch, or the same thing as a previous one). You've gotten several of those right though! One of them you all keep making different guesses about, and you are close, but looking in the wrong direction

EDIT; Now that I'm at my computer I can explain a bit better. I'll help you all out and say for the scavenger hunt, clue 1 and 2 have hints, the others won't be helpful ^^

A lot of my hints probably look related to dragons cause I really love dragons (and most reptiles in general), so they tend to pop up a lot, especially in my gallery, and I hoard a number of dragon-related pets. However my cat this year is not dragon related!

I'm just gonna bring this conjecture back around...... [I've edited out the parts I don't think are relevant.]

ilovepelicans wrote:Going on Cel's scavenger hunt... The first clue was through clicking on Dustil, who is visually similar to the space cat. This led us to a post in their gallery whose background is- you guessed it- space, which this kitten reminds most of us of! These things are hardly ever coincidence. Dark color, check. Like I've said before, the spots on the cat leave plausible room for freckles to be added in the adult.

Tying it to the flower kitty:

-Again, pretty visually similar to Dustil. (It helps that these two kittens are visually similar to each other!) Dustil has a black body with small markings, mostly blue freckles on the shoulder, flank, and back leg. Flower kitty's markings are smaller and more spread out than space kitty's, more similar to Dustil, but aren't spots which are shared between Dustil and space kitty.
-The character drawing of the second hint is an alien species, so the space background makes sense and may not be the hint. The character itself has a skeleton and a jack o lantern on it, which I can't help but notice are Halloween-associated items and Cel did just confirm their cat's theme is related to Halloween. In addition, the character's eyes are white, and the flower kitty's eyes are very pale and the pupil is hard to distinguish which makes them very noticeable. It's also a male, so maybe Cel is only telling us that their kitty is a boy?

I feel like I'm looking to far into this, but only Celozon can tell me that much.
Image .. Image
I - S T A N D - A L O N E
ilovepelicans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby envess » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:49 pm

I don't want this kitty to grow up... I love this pose!..

envess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:59 pm

pupzee wrote:
    alright, hi there! i'm going to post some of my theories here just for fun. i apologize in advance because i'm a horrible
    guesser when it comes to things like this, and i've probably forgotten hints that rule out my theories, but..here i go?
and that just leaves the newborn kitty, who i think
might be zel's! no real solid proof/clues
here, but zel talks about the kitty as if we haven't
seen it yet ("that is, if you get the outcome :'3")
and the hint about thinking outside the box kinda
makes sense if you refer to adopting the
kittens out of a box?

As fun as it is to watch people make unusual guesses, I'll spare you the confusion about the box thing - I put "not literally" into this hint to let you know it's really just a phrase :')

I've seen at least two really good approaches already, but they simply weren't taken far enough to reach a conclusion.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:17 pm

@ilovepelicans
You bring up some very good points, and you've hit very close to what I've been getting at (as well as someone else earlier) but not quite there! I can't really suggest much except to again say don't overthink it too much. I feel like certain things might be throwing you guys off a bit ^^
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby piggie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:27 pm

~Shiny~ wrote:I don't want this kitty to grow up... I love this pose!..

Same... lol
    I also find her facial expression extremely adorable!
piggie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coco Bunny » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:48 pm

ZΕL wrote:
    Image Image
    They can nap together again

Oh my goodness! I'm in love with this pose! Please stay like that forever
Coco Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Hey guys c:

So my GH cat squad group is here, and I counted 10 GHs participated in the making of the kittens. Would anyone please tell me the missing outcomes of the litter so I can go hunting for them? Thank you :3

Or have I got them all? :3
Last edited by leiawolfe on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverstar » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Coco Bunny wrote:
ZΕL wrote:
    Image Image
    They can nap together again

Oh my goodness! I'm in love with this pose! Please stay like that forever

Same here!
I didn't expect that pose, lol.

LeiaWolfe wrote:Hey guys c:

So my GH cat squad group is here, and I counted 10 GHs participated in the making of the kittens. Would anyone please tell me the missing outcomes of the litter so I can go hunting for them? Thank you :3

You can find all outcomes here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3471568
but you own them all ^^

Silverstar
she/her - adult - avid animal lover
languages: German - English
playing genshin impact like 24/7

Image Image
Image Image
Silverstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:32 am

Celozon wrote:@ilovepelicans
You bring up some very good points, and you've hit very close to what I've been getting at (as well as someone else earlier) but not quite there! I can't really suggest much except to again say don't overthink it too much. I feel like certain things might be throwing you guys off a bit ^^

Wild guess, but ghost kitty is technically not a physical thing (spirity haunty ghost), whereas last year's kitty is :')

hickety heck this kitty is adorable ;A;
    Image I'm half between wishing the kitty would stay in this pose, and half wanting to see what else happens c:

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilovepelicans » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:13 am

ZΕL wrote:
pupzee wrote:
    alright, hi there! i'm going to post some of my theories here just for fun. i apologize in advance because i'm a horrible
    guesser when it comes to things like this, and i've probably forgotten hints that rule out my theories, but..here i go?
and that just leaves the newborn kitty, who i think
might be zel's! no real solid proof/clues
here, but zel talks about the kitty as if we haven't
seen it yet ("that is, if you get the outcome :'3")
and the hint about thinking outside the box kinda
makes sense if you refer to adopting the
kittens out of a box?

As fun as it is to watch people make unusual guesses, I'll spare you the confusion about the box thing - I put "not literally" into this hint to let you know it's really just a phrase :')

I've seen at least two really good approaches already, but they simply weren't taken far enough to reach a conclusion.

I'm on mobile so I can't attach a picture for convenience, but the thought struck me late last night about ZEL's "almost stellar" design. Stellar, if we are right and that is the keyword, means star and what's one of our most important stars? The sun! And the sun, now what does it do when it's overhead? It casts shadows! Perhaps shadow kitty belongs to ZEL!

and @Celozon im frustrated as heck now but im not giving up!!
Image .. Image
I - S T A N D - A L O N E
ilovepelicans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me