November Pets Discussion - READ 1ST POST BEFORE POSTING

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: November Pets Discussion - READ 1ST POST BEFORE POSTING

Postby Javin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 am

I'm intrigued reading the snippets of conversation between the artists. So, do you design the adult dog first and then figure out what the pup is going to look like, or start with the pup and work out what the adult would look like?

Did the big staff project have a theme? (You don't have to reveal what it was, just confirm or deny)
The Shima dog looks kind of electrical, with all those lightening bolts - like a hazard warning - and the mecha one is clockwork - so they'd both fit with a sort of mechanical or engineering thing.
Javin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mirage. » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 am

To me, the staff pets look more like they were all given a few a colours to work with and they made something awesome. o_o
KIKI SAYS:

back for summer event...
mirage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:11 am

Javin wrote:I'm intrigued reading the snippets of conversation between the artists. So, do you design the adult dog first and then figure out what the pup is going to look like, or start with the pup and work out what the adult would look like?

Did the big staff project have a theme? (You don't have to reveal what it was, just confirm or deny)
The Shima dog looks kind of electrical, with all those lightening bolts - like a hazard warning - and the mecha one is clockwork - so they'd both fit with a sort of mechanical or engineering thing.

But the equi dog doesn't have either of those things in common u_u

Hopefully it'll be OK if I say that we had a colour scheme to work with... this project was supposed to show off our own tastes in a way that could be unified.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antler apathy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:13 am

Mausoleum wrote:
Javin wrote:I'm intrigued reading the snippets of conversation between the artists. So, do you design the adult dog first and then figure out what the pup is going to look like, or start with the pup and work out what the adult would look like?

But the equi dog doesn't have either of those things in common u_u

Hopefully it'll be OK if I say that we had a colour scheme to work with... this project was supposed to show off our own tastes in a way that could be unified.

aww how cool!
[ oh you were a phonograph, I was a kid
I sat with an ear close, just listening
was there when the rain tapped her way down your face
you were a miracle and I was just holding your space ]

art trades: ask | commissions: closed [info here]
my character list | my deviant art
antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mirage. » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:13 am

Mausoleum wrote:

Haha, I was right! =D I figured because all the dogs were sorta random compared to each other when it came to design.
KIKI SAYS:

back for summer event...
mirage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:14 am

Kiki wrote:
Mausoleum wrote:

Haha, I was right! =D I figured because all the dogs were sorta random compared to each other when it came to design.

Heh, you just wait. They haven't all grown yet *impatient duck*
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antler apathy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:16 am

yeah I heard there are dogs from that blanket that are even more epic than the 'maned' one! what are we calling that dog anyways?
[ oh you were a phonograph, I was a kid
I sat with an ear close, just listening
was there when the rain tapped her way down your face
you were a miracle and I was just holding your space ]

art trades: ask | commissions: closed [info here]
my character list | my deviant art
antler apathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mirage. » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:17 am

Mausoleum wrote:
Kiki wrote:
Mausoleum wrote:

Heh, you just wait. They haven't all grown yet *impatient duck*

*pokes* Don't start acting like Moonflight! D=

I got five of the orange Maus dogs. (what are they being called?) I like them, but five... o_o I have four blankets left now. Dx Only four...
KIKI SAYS:

back for summer event...
mirage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Theophilus » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:17 am

moonstar12345 wrote:yeah I heard there are dogs from that blanket that are even more epic than the 'maned' one! what are we calling that dog anyways?

|Well, I'm calling it the dragon pup.
Theophilus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:18 am

MinaKitsune wrote:
I'm not sure if anybody else has said this yet, but I'm kind of reminded of a lion .___.; I know the base of the tail is too thick to be a lions, but gosh that hair looks like it'd turn into a mane! XD
I love how he has a different tail from other pups we've seen! <3

Now that I think about that, it does!
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me